Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brrr! Barb icefishing...

Posted by woodyoak 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 15, 10 at 16:19

Barb was here today to help me get packed and organized. She brought pictures from this past weekend when she went icefishing with her boyfriend in Elliot Lake. I got a chuckle out of some of these; hopefully you will too...

They start out early - sunrise at Elliot Lake:
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Barb doesn't like the cold so muffled up well!

Fishing was good:
She brought some for Randy today (I'm not keen on fish but Randy is.)

Her boyfriend is building a house up there and has been feeding a bird regularly. It is now tame enough to sit on their hands. They don't know what kind it is and I'm not good on bird ID so I've asked a birder friend to ID it - do any of you recognize it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brrr! Barb icefishing...

Neat photos Woody, and probably a nice diversion. I bet it was cold before the sun came up. I'm with Randy on enjoying fish. Thinking of you tomorrow as you head towards all that awaits.

Mary

o

Cool, very cool, lol, pics. Looks like it was worth their while and they came away with some a big catch.

Thoughts going out to you Woody. Keep us posted as to your progress.

Drema

o

I think a Canada Jay (Gray Jay) as they are quite friendly and the right size: 11"-13".

o

Although I do love fish, I'm not sure I could bundle up enough for ice fishing at dawn! Wonderful pics. Glad she was there to help you pack and to make you laugh! THAT is a friend.

o

Wonderful pics, Woody! My hubby is a huge fan of ice fishing, but I haven't gotten brave enough to attempt it. I don't recognize the fish-what are they?
Many, many good thoughts heading your way.
Brenda

o

Fun pictures Woody. those are some nice fish. Barb is so cute. How nice she came to help pack and brighten your day.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers in the days to come. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Norma

o

She sure is bundled up. I'm not big on winter "sports" but the fish sure do look good.

My thoughts are with you in the coming days and weeks.

Michelle

o

Great ice fishing photos, Woody. Barb was smart to bundle up! The fish do look good.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you too!

Eden

o

Oh boy, the wimpy California checking in..makes me cold just to look at these !

Happy thoughts to you Woody..!

o

I think Barb is brave! It looks very cold. I would like the fresh fish, though.

Thinking of you from this little corner of the world, too, Woody.

o

• Posted by jak1 4 Ontario Can (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 16, 10 at 9:20

Brrrrrr indeed! All the best to you, Woody. I'll be thinking of you all day.

Cheers,

Julie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here