Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningmary

Things that lift my spirits

gardeningmary
15 years ago

Though I'd share a few things that make me smile:

{{gwi:150718}}
Some forced bulbs with curly willow, now leafing out.

{{gwi:150719}}
Baby black magic geraniums grown from seed

{{gwi:150720}}
My Mum knitted these lovely wool socks and sent them to me yesterday. Don't the colors make you feel good?

{{gwi:150721}}
Clousseau senses just when holding a paw is what is needed.

{{gwi:150722}}
Lots of cards show how many friends are thinking of David

{{gwi:150723}}
I've had a chance to try some stumpwork embroidery. I love the 3D effect. Here is my first piece.

{{gwi:150724}}
It combines ribbon work and silk embroidery (delphiniums and agapanthus)

{{gwi:150725}}
The hollyhocks are a type of buttonhole stitch but the most fun to do were the ladybugs.

And, of course, thinking about IU6 brings a very big smile.

Mary

Comments (16)

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

And a happy post from Mary makes me smile !

Kathy in Napa

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

How fine a post!!! :) :) :)

• saucydog
    15 years ago

Hmm, what a coincidence! These things lift my spirits, too :)

On a side note: Sarah came home from school wanting a Brittany Spaniel (they did reports on pets). I'm going to show her Clousseau's picture, and she'll want to know what's in the gene pool.

Saucy

• Lara Noles
    15 years ago

Simple pleasures are the best! Thinking of you Mary (and David too).

Eden

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

A great thread Mary! Great pics. The 'rainbow' socks are neat. :-)
    The stumpwork embroidery is wonderful!

The sprouting geraniums are tempting me!

Clousseau is a great 'nurse'.

It would be neat if we Idylls could have a mutual card to sign for David.

Marian

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    15 years ago

Those pictures generated some good smiles here too - and there was an impressive amount of talent shown in them. I'm hope things continue to move along smoothly - and quickly.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Is that your David? Clousseau really looks like a Clousseau, to me. His face looks like a French gentleman. [g] Amazingly detailed embroidery. I just love that little garden scene. That will make a great heirloom for your kids some day. What a huge pile of cards. So many people who are thinking of David and wishing for his speedy recovery. I am with Marian...I am tempted by the little geranium seedlings too and what a cheery pot of crocus and rainbow socks! I can see why you are so encouraged Mary, you have a lot to be thankful for, for sure!!

pm2

• veronicastrum
    15 years ago

Mary, a lovely collection. The socks just radiate warmth, and the stumpwork is quite lovely. But what really made me smile was the message on one of the brown cards! After my son's birth (C-section), I could not be released from the hospital until I could re-master that art. :0

Here's hoping your spirits continue to soar.

V.

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

Wow Mary, each and every one of those pictures shows something special - I'm smiling now too.

The stumpwork is amazing, you always find the neatest projets.

Funny but I don't recall ever seeing a picture of Clousseau and some how had a black lab pictured.

I had to go back and spot the "brown card" How appropriate for the Idylls - where is Sue?

The crocus centerpiece is wonderful with the neat pot and the curly willow. Thanks for sharing some wonderful things that probably lifted quite a few spirits.

Michelle

• ctlavluvr
    15 years ago

That's the spirit, Mary! Mine were raised, too, looking at the pics. Amazing art! So good you have a talent to keep your mind occupied while David recovers! The cards are priceless.

Martie

• triple_creek
    15 years ago

So, instead of us cheering Mary up,she has cheered us up with some lovely things. The socks are a wonderful blend of colors. Did you do the pot of crocus yourself or was it a gift? I really like it. But what I really like is seeing David at home with his faithful companion.
    I had never heard of stumpwork. You did great.
    I hope you made it to the concert today.

Norma

• deanneart
    15 years ago

How absolutely marvelous! all of these are lifting my spirits too Mary. I love the stumpwork and the seedlings are so neat. Don't you just love how the first true leaves are just like the adult leaves in miniature?

Deanne

• babs_clare
    15 years ago

Would a 'hello,I'm thinking of you' from Babs lift your spirits? : )

That pic of Clousseau loving David just warms my heart.

Your post is such a beautiful expression of really what does matter most.

~B

• Lara Noles
    15 years ago

Well it lifts my spirits to see Babs here. Come on over to the Idyll thread and tell us what you've been up to.

Eden

• babs_clare
    15 years ago

Ok I already did,lol ; ) : ) : )

• flowerluvr
    15 years ago

What a great post, Mary :) The embroidery is just beautiful!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?