Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honey_mi

Idyll #427 The Ides of March are upon us...

honey_mi
15 years ago

Happy Birthday, PM!

{{gwi:149934}}

Hmmm. I'll have to plant more delphiniums this year.

Comments (6)

• honey_mi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mary, this must be the year of broken legs. Sheesh. At least David now has someone to commiserate with, poor kids. On 1-04, the morning after I had a group of friends over for dinner to see DH, my BF walked to her mailbox, slipped on black ice and broke her femur, too. SheÂs still in a cast. Her son, walking on the sidewalk in front of a ski lodge, slipped and fell and broke his ankle. He had to have surgery w/pins and she couldnÂt go to the hospital b/c of her injury. Next door neighbors son, is still recovering from his break. IÂve been real careful this year with all these reminders. So sorry you and David are going thru all this.

Denise, IÂve really gotten into the lime green thing, too. ItÂs a great accent with purple and red. I overhauled our front landscape 2 yrs ago. ItÂs still a work in progress but coming along. HereÂs some pix: The Angelina sedum surrounding "Wine and Roses" Weigelia, is really filling in:

{{gwi:150804}}

I really love these "Lime Glow" junipers. They do just glow:

{{gwi:150807}}

{{gwi:150809}}

Altho not lime, I thot these "Drops of Gold" hollys were interesting. I wanted evergreens in the courtyard by the front door and the azaleas I put there looked awful all winter. So I moved the azaleas to the back and put these little guys in. Since theyÂre so little, I added some hostas and annuals so it didnÂt look so empty.

{{gwi:150811}}

IÂve been needing a hedgerow behind my garden in the back. The conditions there are brutal. After much research, the only shrubs that seemed to have a chance were yews (not my fav) and boxwoods. So I planted 2-rows of 11 boxwoods across the back. Then a row of 6 Deutzia "Chardonnay Pearls" (lime again) with Heuchera "Peach Flambe" at their feet and finished off with Lamium "White Nancy" in the front.

{{gwi:150813}}

Gotta run for now.

Honey

• Lara Noles
    15 years ago

Honey, had to comment over here on how much I like what you did with the front gardens. I really love the splashes of lime green. Very, very nice and what an difference from what it looked like before. A job well done! Oh and I love your plant selections in the last picture of the hedgerow too. Deutzia CP and the peach flambe heucheras are both favorites of mine.

Eden

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Honey, your home and yard are lovely. They are Gardening magazine worthy.
    I wish there were not 2 new Idyll #427. I want to honor both! :-(

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

Honey, you certainly have the touch both indoors and outdoors. I love what you have done .

• triple_creek
    15 years ago

Very nice Honey, It looks great. Norma

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

You never sit still Honey!!!! Amazing...