Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Idyll #427 The Ides of March are upon us...

Posted by honey_mi Z5 MI (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 26, 09 at 17:43

Happy Birthday, PM!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Hmmm. I'll have to plant more delphiniums this year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Idyll #427 - The Ides of March are upon us...

Mary, this must be the year of broken legs. Sheesh. At least David now has someone to commiserate with, poor kids. On 1-04, the morning after I had a group of friends over for dinner to see DH, my BF walked to her mailbox, slipped on black ice and broke her femur, too. Shes still in a cast. Her son, walking on the sidewalk in front of a ski lodge, slipped and fell and broke his ankle. He had to have surgery w/pins and she couldnt go to the hospital b/c of her injury. Next door neighbors son, is still recovering from his break. Ive been real careful this year with all these reminders. So sorry you and David are going thru all this.

Denise, Ive really gotten into the lime green thing, too. Its a great accent with purple and red. I overhauled our front landscape 2 yrs ago. Its still a work in progress but coming along. Heres some pix: The Angelina sedum surrounding "Wine and Roses" Weigelia, is really filling in:

I really love these "Lime Glow" junipers. They do just glow:

Altho not lime, I thot these "Drops of Gold" hollys were interesting. I wanted evergreens in the courtyard by the front door and the azaleas I put there looked awful all winter. So I moved the azaleas to the back and put these little guys in. Since theyre so little, I added some hostas and annuals so it didnt look so empty.

Ive been needing a hedgerow behind my garden in the back. The conditions there are brutal. After much research, the only shrubs that seemed to have a chance were yews (not my fav) and boxwoods. So I planted 2-rows of 11 boxwoods across the back. Then a row of 6 Deutzia "Chardonnay Pearls" (lime again) with Heuchera "Peach Flambe" at their feet and finished off with Lamium "White Nancy" in the front.

Gotta run for now.

Honey

o
RE: Idyll #427 The Ides of March are upon us...

Honey, had to comment over here on how much I like what you did with the front gardens. I really love the splashes of lime green. Very, very nice and what an difference from what it looked like before. A job well done! Oh and I love your plant selections in the last picture of the hedgerow too. Deutzia CP and the peach flambe heucheras are both favorites of mine.

Eden

o

Honey, your home and yard are lovely. They are Gardening magazine worthy.
I wish there were not 2 new Idyll #427. I want to honor both! :-(

o

Honey, you certainly have the touch both indoors and outdoors. I love what you have done .

o

Very nice Honey, It looks great. Norma

o

You never sit still Honey!!!! Amazing...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here