Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenfreak_gw

Can a newbie ask...?

greenfreak
16 years ago

What are the Idyll threads about? :)

Hi, by the way. Been lurking a bit. You all seem very nice and friendly.

Tricia

Comments (9)

• Marian_2
    16 years ago

"What are the Idyll threads about? "

They are about a group of gardeners from coast to coast sharing their joys and sorrows, and everything in between !

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

And no admission required, just your voice :) Please feel free to wade in and share your day.

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

And as Marian and Cynthia forgot to mention, we are all incredibly charming, intelligent, witty , soulful, well-read, attractive, and sport hearts of gold . Although some of us hate dogs and children ;-)

Kathy in Napa

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

Hi Tricia, Welcome! Idylls is just one long conversation that began back in 2003. People come and go as life allows. We'd love to have you join us.

Eden

• veronicastrum
    16 years ago

Kathy, you forgot to mention we are all skinny, incredibly athletic and naturally blond. Oh, you mean that very light color running through my hair is gray, not blond? Ah well, it is natural!

Tricia, jump on in! Don't try to catch up, as the starting point goes waay back. Just jump right in, and if you are confused about something, don't hesitate to ask.

I just peeked at your home page and it looks like you have a lot in common with Deanne.

We cut off our threads around 100 posts since they start to take some time to load. So jump onto #356 and join the fun!

V.

• Jerri_OKC
    16 years ago

Welcome Tricia! Just dive right in. You'll be glad you did.

:)

Jerri

• ctlavluvr
    16 years ago

Tricia -- Come on out!! Generally, what part of NY is home?

Martie in Z6CT

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Seeking Tricia...over at Idyll #356.
    I've spent time over the years at Cornell's Sapsucker Woods... a fun place to walk and observe birds. You mention feeding chickadees by hand. I have done that along with nuthatches. It is an exciting thing to do, but it takes hours of training them to trust you.

• greenfreak
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow ladies, thank you! I didn't expect this kind of welcome. I appreciate it. :)

I live on Long Island, about halfway out. Thanks for looking at my webpage! I never knew that birds would do that - eat out of your hand. I think someone on the GW Birdwatching forum brought that up and took a picture of a chickadee in his hand. He gave a detailed account of the pains he took to make that happen.

When I fill up the birdfeeder in my backyard, I make sure to linger a bit. They've gotten somewhat used to me taking pictures of them too, from about 15 feet away. The chickadees, nuthatches, and titmice are the ones that are quite brazen. The chickadees actually sit only a few feet above me in the tree while I fill the feeder. Chirping away impatiently, waiting for me to finish.

Once warmer weather comes, I will be able to spend more time on my deck enjoying their visits.

Ok I'm rambling now. I guess I'll head over to the latest Idyll and introduce myself officially. I'm glad y'all like pics because I have a ton. :)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company