Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
saucydog_gw

Idyll #499 - A Hint of Spring

saucydog
13 years ago

I can see signs here and there - Robins have appeared in the hedgerow, fat buds are showing up on the branch tips, and the sun is showing it's face just a little longer each day!

100 more posts and surely we'll be closer!

Saucy

Comments (104)

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

'bug , yes Sues garage project from many moons ago, the link to her photo-album of the project is in the Idyll 312 thread that the spammer bumped up yesterday. I'd had not looked at those pics since visiting her garden 'in person'

back to awfice stuff..

• gardenbug
    13 years ago

Duh! I get it now Kathy, just slow to catch on.

Just received some photos of DSIL on Paternity Leave:
    New bedroom setup:
    {{gwi:151607}}{{gwi:151609}}

{{gwi:151611}}

{{gwi:151612}}

{{gwi:151613}}

• chloehoover
    13 years ago

But where's Leo, 'bug? he of the paternity leave need, LOL? I bet he was catching a quick catnap while Dad and big sister got to romp, right?

I was rewarded with a "normal" commute today -- I hate to mention the long ones but sometimes they are just so amazingly atrocious that one has to share in wonder. How public transit can be so problematic for the Nation's Capital sometimes makes my head hurt -- and the "innovative solutions" they come up with to "cure" the immediate issue is mind-boggling. I'm glad they dont work for Homeland Security, is all I can say.... Kathy, the per diem is quite high in $ and I suspect would be shocking to folks, but the rewards are a job and one that's decent paying that I can perhaps dream of living to retire...? Dunno sometimes tho. It's a no-win thingie.

I'm glad to hear you dont think a grandparent must be staid - I was never a staid Mom and couldnt do that as a gram either -- I think I must be a contrast to the other set of g-parents - altho they LOVE babies, and hug and cuddle and have an amazing patience from what I can tell for some things that would try my limits, I'm just naturally silly with animals and kids..... I dont recall my own Mom being that way with my DD, and perhaps that's why there was a reserved relationship they had. I dont recall my own G-mom and her behavior, but I did have a close one with her and would be happy to emulate it with Isla; fingers crossed.

'bug I like that list, but I think part of the problem is - who has only one piece of paper to file? one sees the other 200 sitting next to the one one files, LOL and gets easily distracted....

Picking up clothing makes me laugh - I was telling my DD about having to straighten up for the "magic" to get done by the cleaning service I've been shelling out for, and she said a friend of hers came home one day to find a sheet placed by the cleaners over a chair that apparently held a huge pile of clothing her friend had not put away....was it a hint to do so or they thought it would hide the elephant in the room more elegantly w/ a tidy sheet???? Me - I throw it all in the closet and slam the door til the evening....

I do recall Sue's garage before/after shots as amazing -- it's kind of cool to see these old threads resurrected, spammer or not. Speaking of which, it seems I can now only access GW at on my home laptop if I accept pop-ups -- otherwise the entire site gets blocke by my P.C. - I dont know if it's the security filter or what - I'm sooo ready to throw the durn laptop out - it takes over 10 minutes to boot up these days.... add to the list.

I tried to take some photos of the gorgeous Metallic Lady hellebores that are blooming and some hyacincths, but no luck -- all blur this a.m.

Here's a photo of Stella from last month tho... not her best - but she was stationary for the moment at least:

{{gwi:151614}}

I sure hope Phoebe is okay, 'bug - how scary!!

--Cindy

• triple_creek
    13 years ago

Ah there is Stella. She is a cutie. Does she ever sit still long enough to cuddle?

Bug I hope Pheobe is all better too.
    The barn does not match the house because our house is light gray and we have a problem with mold here in the woods. It has to be scrubbed down every year. I chose charcoal and burgandy for the barn thinking it wouldn't show up as much if it gets mold. The house has vynal siding and the barn is metal. I can only hope it won't be as prone to get it. The good thing is I don't have to paint. There are drawbacks to everything I guess.

I love that last picture of Ivy.

I enjoyed seeing Sue's garage project too.

I did some cutting back this morning and burned the grass off by the big pond. It has rained off and on the rest of the day. Speaking of the big pond I was sitting on the front porch yesterday and happen to glance down that way. What a surprise when I saw the big fantail gold fish that we haven't seen since the middle of last summer. I thought he was a goner for sure. He is huge.
    Another surprise today when I walked to the pantry to get something and stepped on something cool and lumpy (in my sock feet) when I looked to see what it was I couldn't believe it. A little ring neck snake no bigger than a nightcrawler worm. I have found them near the basement door before but never upstairs, and I know the cats didn't bring it in. Yuck!

Gotta get up to let Niki out so I'm gonna post before I lose it. Norma

• gardenbug
    13 years ago

WOW! It's really winter here with cars in the ditch etc..

• chelone
    13 years ago

There is talk of that here tomorrow. Lesigh. But it will be pretty to watch the flakes drift earthward.

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

Crappy weather continues, though we have had a respite this afternoon in the form of intermittent cloudbursts instead of steady rain. Another storm comes in tomorrow, and I will drive (slowly) for an hour an a quarter to the garden show. If Denise braves the interstate we will rendezvous on Friday.

Cindy that Stella is just too cute, and what a pile of toys ! You aren't spoiling her are you?

Ivy the Happy Child !

Kathy in Napa

• gardenbug
    13 years ago

Yes Kathy, Ivy is a very happy girl, but remember, she is TWO and that has its difficulties as well as charms! LOL! Last night I'm told that she and her Daddy were busy building a giant circular puzzle. She and Leo both enjoyed fish and rice for dinner, but less so the frozen vegetables. Can't say that I blame them. Now fresh veggies would be a different story.

Speaking of contrasts, the sun is shining already, but the snowplow also made a visit.

DD has a new wide angle camera but has problems loading photos onto her ancient computer. Hope that gets solved soon somehow.

Later!
    'bug

• jak1
    13 years ago

Happy Spring all! Even though it is still kinda cold here, we have no snow.

I have had fun reading this thread, but between seed starting, basement repair, flu, family stuff, sitting an extra Boston, things have been pretty frantic here, so I have been negligent towards you my friends! Mea culpa!

I have been sorry to read about lousy weather, endless commutes, lost hearing aids, infrastructure needs/repairs (did I mention my basement????) kid issues (we have them too), and of course, the tragedy in Japan.

But there was happy stuff too. Chelone's description of peace descending when hands are busy, job interviews, Woody's garden plan, Kathy's DS and musical theatre.

And photos: Phebes looking for squirrels, Ivy (especially that last sweet shot!), Norma's great barn, Chelone's attractive and cozy salon, baby Stella, and Sue's garage reprised.

Love the list 'Bug - sounds like my average morning, except I don't file one paper at a time and I don't water one plant at a time! Takes me a whole morning to do those things *LOL*

Recently I bought a Starfruit to try to get some variety into TCS's diet. He didn't eat the fruit, but I planted the seeds and sure enough, I think I have three tiny trees starting.

Today is transplant day for my little herbs. I am going to put these wee seedlings into great huge pots that will hopefully go onto the wine deck in about 6 weeks. I have actually planned these pots, a la Deanne, although they won't look nearly as spiffy! The plant area in the sunroom/kitchen is a real mess: the mandevilla that I tried to keep going all winter has dropped most of its leaves, the hibiscus has whitefly, the amaryllis is done and is just long green leaves, and I also have managed to kill off my favourite orchid. The men are going to Golf Town today, so I think I will pull everything out of there and see what I can salvage. Bright, sunny and warm there with floor to ceiling windows facing south east. One of the big bonuses of this house!

So I am off!

Cheers,

Julie

• chloehoover
    13 years ago

Sounds as tho not even flu and basement woes keeps you down, Julie - onward to more JJ jobs!

Anxiously awaiting Kathy's roving reporter news and photos from her garden show visit - and waving hi to Denise!!! neat for idyll meet-ups.

'bug, I think you and Chelone are the smarter of us - I get lulled into the early Spring mode and am devastated by the return of winter -- you two knew better than to be taken in by those sly and cruel hints. Hoping not to see any cars in ditches again this winter, tho -- our one storm called "Car-mageddon" was enuf abandoned vehicles for me to last a life-time - it was a most bizarre experience and vision.

So, I guess I'm going to have to think of things to occupy myself this weekend (o no, cleaning?) and bring the agapanthus pots back inside tonite (or cover them up w/ sheets I think.... then they're on their own).

Still having difficulties with service folks either (1) showing up for estimates; (2) writing estimates or 3) even returning calls. It's depressing. I just am not sure I'm up to buying and using a chain saw on a ladder -- somehow I dont see this as a new skill I could develop safely.... I guess I can live with the other stuff undone for now - but gotta get that poor crepe myrtle taken care of!

Heard that with this cold spell it will shorten the Cherry Blossom display this year - and they'll reach "peak" and go over early next week.... with the early heat and now frost expected, it's going to be a short time -- it's rare it ever lasts as long as they hope.

-Cindy

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    13 years ago

We had our biggest snowfall of the winter yesterday! We got 8-10 inches here - Randy is still outside snow-blowing. We had planned to go into Toronto to see an exhibit at the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario). Maybe tomorrow...

• chloehoover
    13 years ago

Egad, Woody! (altho I think the folks in NE would likely say 8 inches - piffle) - I think CT has gotten over 164 inches or some bizarre amount this year. I will hope for cold temps but NO snow this weekend here.

I'm primarily writing here because we have the dubious honor of being Spammed Alot again. and much as it's nice to go down memory lane on the idyll threads, this is ridiculous!

(P.S. - Kathy -- Stella inherited some of those things and they need to be culled since many she's uninterested in.... and I confess there are other baskets on each floor - and her favs continue to be one's her predecessor did not like or things like medicine bottles and kleenex... go figure)

--cindy

• chelone
    13 years ago

Little Stella in her pile of toys made me laugh. I can't quite wrap my head around how tiny she is! I exited the house at 4:45 AM with the Hugest of Dogs and was greeted by the sight of a snow dusting on things. Nothing like Woody's "dumpage", but just enough to privide some sparkle in the moonlight.

It's going to be a big day here on the Compound. The tree guy is coming to take down the big maple and a weedy, tall pine. So it will also be a loud day. :( I can hardly wait for the chipper to be fired up. Not. We contacted him a couple of days ago and he called yesterday to see if he could come today... no time like the present, right. I wish some of his enthusiasm could be sent your way, Cindy.

I discovered my lone group of Snowdrops the other day, I think there are 4 of them. Talk about a "garden statement", lol. There are also some signs of crocus and narcissus activity in warmer, foundation locations, and the indomitable phlox is gleaming neon green, too. Amazing! To add a more sober note to the fleeting thoughts of spring I fired up the stove in the Salon at 5:30AM and am enjoying the warmth it casts.

OH! the helpmeet's "germamyum" cuttings have been potted on and are looking great. He's been threatening to set up the grow lights to help them along with "full spectrum" light. And all this serves as a reminder to me to get working on the window boxes and the corbels that will go under them. They are destined for the big southerly window in the Salon (where Saucy sleeps). ;)

Gotta get to work, so see y'all later.

• drema_dianne
    13 years ago

Hi Everyone! Seems like we are all waiting anxiously for the weather to abate. It is cold here, but sunny. I haven't been following because I have been taking care of my mother this week while my sister is in Georgia for some classes. They live together and my mom can't be left alone anymore. Yesterday they removed s suspicious spot from her face. The doctor is pretty sure it is skin cancer, but we will not know until the pathology comes back in 6 - 10 days.

I went to the succulent show and sale at the Cleveland Botanical Garden last weekend and got a few interesting plants. I was looking for a graptopetalum because I can't find any around here. I had a beautiful one a couple of years ago but I killed it. Now I know what they are and how to take care of them. I also got a really cool kalanachoe. It looks like it is frosted. I will try to take some pics next week after my sister gets back.

I have another job interview today, not with the same place. I decided that I can't wait for the first place to call me, because they might not. I think I may have offended some people in the second interview. It was with 3 the managers for customer service, perennials, and annuals. I was talking about my garden, mentioned my potager. They didn't know what that was. Sooo, I know now to be careful about what I say. But it was the largest place around here, and they have about 7 or 8 branches. I thought for sure I should let them know about my plant experience. Today I will be on the down low. And did I mention I hate job interviews??? Especially when I am under the gun to find a job?

Chelone, how cool that your geraniums rooted! Very exciting.

Woody, that is a lot of snow this late in the season. Hope we are done for the year. Yesterday we had scattered flakes, but nothing stuck.

Cindy, Stella is too cute! Hope you find some good people to do your work. It is hard, especially at this time of the year when they all start getting busy.

Bug, Ivy is so adorable!!! And big. They grow so fast. Hope Phoebe is fine today.

Norma your barn is awesome!!! So pretty, and useful too!

Well, I better go run the vacuum, put the dogs out so they can run a little, and get myself ready for this interview. So stressful! Forgot to mention that my fingerprint check came back, so far I am not a criminal and now just have to wait two weeks for my password to get into the computer system so I can start trying to be a sub. Crossed fingers. I won't get much in this year, but will be all set for next fall, and I have a window appt tommorrow, so that should start getting busier too now that the weather has broken.

Hope you all have a great day!

D.

• chelone
    13 years ago

Drema, reading your comments about your Mom brought back so many memories. Some fun, some not so fun. All I can say is that I have a pretty good idea what you're feeling now and want to you know you're in my thoughts. It ain't easy.

And, I don't think you offended anyone at your interview, at all! In fact, I think the fact that you mentioned your potager and none of them knew what it was makes you look pretty terrific and very knowledgeable. :) They'll really miss the boat if they don't snatch you up immediately! But good move on continuing to interview. It's always wise to keep your eggs in multiple baskets, my friend. I'm pullin' for you from my own little angst filled "coHnuh".

It isn't nearly as loud as I expected it would be, but they have yet to fire up the chipper. ;)

(Back to my cushions. Boring off-white vinyl with forest green welting. Enhh... )

• michelle_zone4
    13 years ago

A day off here. I recently realized that I need to take 19 days off before July 1. This is great except that one of the full-time CSR's quit. So we are short staffed and I'm interviewing again. I'm not going to lose those days though so they'll have to get by without me. This means lots of time in my garden hopefully. Not today though. We got a light dusting of snow overnight and the temp is 32 degrees.

I'm wiped out these days when I get home from work. I started experiencing chest pain and shortness of breath. So I had several tests to make sure its not heart related. At this point its still unexplained which is very frustrating to me. So I've not even felt like doing much including reading here.

I plan on picking up Kenzie after school and stopping at a nursery or 2. Maybe I can find some pansies or something to put in the pillar planters. A week or so ago I removed the lanterns with the Christmas greenery. It's spring after all!

My sister and family are here from Wisconsin so we will spend some time at my parents house also this weekend.

I've not even walated this week with temps barely reaching 40. Last week was so nice and once again I lamented about not planting snowdrops.

Drema, I'm thinking of you as you help your mom. How nice though that your sister can live with her. Right now I'm hating interviews also. I wish I could hire you!

'bug, I'm amazed at the pictures of Ivy how much they remind me of my DD when she was that age. She is certainly adorable.

Cindy, I'm sure you will have a very special relationship with Isla. Just get her in the garden and give her a "mud kitchen" like Eden's grandkids have.

Chelone, the rug is a nice touch for the seating area.

After reading 'bug's list of 1 minute things I decided to figure out the music selections on the dish tv receiver. It just seems somewhat foreign to think of listening to music through the TV.

Even though I don't have a "Debbie" I'm trying to make it a Debbie Day here. So I'd best get going if I'm going to leave in 2 1/2 hours to get the Princess.

Michelle

• triple_creek
    13 years ago

Michelle I hate to hear you are not feeling up to par. I hope you get some answers soon. Nineteen days off sounds good. That should make for some short work weeks and good days in the garden. Have fun with Kenzie and enjoy your family this weekend.

I think I have had three naps today. I must be making up for lost sleep. A blustery day after several nice ones just called for curling up too.

Wyatt and Jakes other grandpa passed away today. He had not been well for sometime now and it was expected but still hard. He and Jake were especially close.

Drema How did the interview go? I love succulents but can't seem to keep them through the winter.

Chelone I guess you can't be mad at the helpmeet anymore now that you will have additional geraniums for the window boxes. I would like to put hayracks under the barn windows. I have one already so I would only have to buy one more. We need to be building the doors but the weather is holding us up. I would like to paint the various parts before assembly, so we need warmer drier weather.

Not much else for now.

Have a good weekend all. Norma

• gardenbug
    13 years ago

{{gwi:151615}}

• yeonasky
    13 years ago

Michelle sorry you're feeling ill. I did notice when you didn't chime in here for a while. I wondered, but life gets busy, so I try not to worry. My sister has lots of problems, but the latest included shortness of breath. She was diagnosed with Asthma. So she now has to use an inhaler. Apparently there are a lot things that can cause chest pains. I've linked a list, although I'm sure your Doctors will/have tested for lots of stuff.

March 21 was our 30th anniversary. We didn't do anything, but we did remark several times on the sheer number of married years. Since I've regained much of my health, I feel so young most days. I feel a sense of disbelief that I've been married that long, and have kids in their late 20's! How did that happen?

I haven't had much work, but it comes in waves. Hopefully I'll get enough work to pay bills, and buy extras. I keep wondering what else I could do to earn money, but seem limited by skill and mindset.

I really skim over spammers so barely notice them, but I did enjoy rereading and seeing all the pics, too.

Chelone, love the chair and rug setup. It looks picked for the chairs, or vice versa.

Cindy, the commute from hell to the awfice of hell. Doesn't sound fair at all. My sister puts on a taped book, and listens to a story to help while away the miles. She likes it even more than music. Maybe it would help to ease the pain of such a commute.

Stella's a cutie all right. She looks like she has good taste in bows and toys, too.

Kathy lucky you seeing your DS perform, and hearing him at home. The shower is good for the voice if I remember right.

New bed or new plumbing, I'd really be torn. I love a new mattress, but I love the water saving features on a new toilet nowadays. Sounds like you're getting both anyway.

You sound like a great gram. You're supposed to be totally in love with your grandkids. It's in the rule books.

Norma, love the barn. It looks like its built by a pro and the colours are just right, too.

Marie I love the list. I just did 4 9 and 12. It only took a couple of minutes too. Just as written. :)

Hope Phoebe's completely over the chokes. Hate when pets get sick. Leah is terrible on her walks, but is learning to not eat things, when I catch her about to, and say 'Leave it', in a firm voice. she gets as sick as a dog when she finds food. Did I say I hate it when she gets sick?

Love the Ivy pics, especially her braving the snow, no problem. She must be Canadian. ;)

Julie I've been noticing your absence, too. I can't seem to help it. I wonder where people are when they're not here. I hope you stay healthy. I've been neglecting certain JJobs so your presence serves as a reminder to get right on it.

(((Drema))), so sorry about your mom. How scary for her, and you.

Good luck on the job hunting. I'm rooting for you. I'm glad the subbing is coming together for you. Who knows where that will lead.

I just wanted to thank you for your kind words re my writing when I showed an excerpt. Those words truly warmed my heart. I am so shaky on all of my abilities because in most things I am such a clutz, and a chicken. I don't want to stay that way, so I fight it. Words like that help me to move forward.

Woody did you see those commercials about how Canada doesn't let cold weather stop us. Yeah right. I don't blame you for avoiding going out in the snow, one bit.
    Hope you get to go to AGO, today.

Marie, cute pic. Watch out, it might attack.

Off to sleepy land,

Morning all,

Yeona

Here is a link that might be useful: CHEST PAIN

13 years ago

Yeona - we did go to the AGO yesterday to see the show linked below. It was very interesting. The jewellery on display was unbelievable, as was the custom Star of India Rolls Royce! (I wonder how much insurance cost to cover the show?!) You can read about the Rolls Royce here: http://factoidz.com/star-of-india-rolls-royce-returns-home/

Here is a link that might be useful: AGO exhibition

• triple_creek
    13 years ago

We are having Thunder Snow. Big Flakes too. If it keeps this up as it is suppose too. The dafodils will be smashed in no time at all.

• chelone
    13 years ago

Absolutely beautiful today, although a bit colder than it ought to be for the last week of March. Low-mid 30s and very stiff northeast breeze, definitely a "hat day". But crystal clear and the strong sun reminds that once the cold breaks it will be springtime. I'm good with that.

We consolidated the newly felled trees' rounds, gathered up remaining brush and put in the burn pile. We dropped two very elderly apple trees and bucked those up, too. I trimmed up the Viburnums we planted last fall, moving on to the Grey dogwoods and then we cut down the grasses. All the brush has been hauled off to the site of the future pyre and the tools have been put away. I'm tired! Thoughts on it all:
    1.) We have a -hitload of firewood to split and stack. And the site will look great when it's cleaned up. I'm looking forward to it, actually.
    2.) The newly opened space will provide a much better location for the Picea "Ommorika", as it's mature size will be accommodated more graciously that the other site that was under consideration. It doesn't matter to me that I'll never see its full potential, I only hope the next owner here admires it. It's a handsome tree with a lovely, graceful "droop" to the branches.
    3.) I'm not pleased about the unparalleled view of the road and the passing minions, but I can see that the Great Drainage Caper and another year of growth on the plantings is helping us "gain ground" on the more privacy. So, I have renewed hope.

Yeah, Norma, it's pretty hard to stay angry with the helpmeet for very long. Charming, debonair, and without a mean bone in his body, who could? Any residual irritation is quickly dissipated with one of his "heat seeking" humorous comments. It's not possible to remain pissed off and laugh at the same time. :)

So here's a toast for Yeona and Richea and 30 yrs. worth of compromise, "inside jokes", and commitment. A "quality person" makes it all so much easier, doesn't it?

The helpmeet is due to return with sandwiches from a favorite shop, BIN shellac, and some ammonia for the clean up and a couple of laundry loads (pet bedding). I'm hungry, too. Oops, he's here!

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

Evenin Idylls ! The sun has come out this afternoon-a brief visit as another storm will be rolling in. Rumor has it that we will start to dry up next week. One can dream !

Enjoyed my visit to the SF Garden Show, but was a failure at updates ! And as is usually the case , my photos came out crappy ..the lighting at these events is no bueno for photography. Saw some great speakers, bought some plants, and the weather was miserable !

This was one of my favorite ideas..an outdoor chandelier , using battery operated Christmas candles. {{gwi:151616}}From SF Garden Show

How simple is this ? This olive tree was festooned with several of these, wide mouth mason jars , with some moss in the bottom and tea lights {{gwi:151617}}From SF Garden Show

Another chandelier {{gwi:151618}}From SF Garden Show

Denise ponders at the Succulent Garden booth {{gwi:151619}}From SF Garden Show

later friends !

Kathy in Napa

• yeonasky
    13 years ago

Just thought I'd show you my hint of spring. As you can see, not much going on garden wise, but still it's nice to see some colour.

Woody, glad you got to AGO, after all. Maybe they're right about Canadians in that ad, after all. :) Thanks for the link. Loved the Rolls Royce. DD would love a ride in that.

Norma sorry about the Thunder Snow. Hope my only daff helps to ease the pain.

Chelone thanks for the anniversary toast. Yes, he is quality and does the heat seeking joke thing too. I seldom spend time in anger.

Glad someone's getting the trees trimmed up. The camelias are reaching the sky as we speak. And an unknown tree is eating the side of the house. Hopefully DH will get up on the ladder and start chopping as soon as the blooms are done.

Kathy cool plant-o-liers. I especially love the succulent chandelier. Whenever I see a bunch of living plants that can be suspended or hung, I want to go out right away and do that. Too bad it takes money.

I've got walk Leah, so I'm off.

Evening all,

Yeona
    {{gwi:151620}}

{{gwi:151621}}

{{gwi:151622}}

{{gwi:151623}}{{gwi:151624}}

This is my next planned purchase. I just love Abies Koreana, for the neat cones.

Abies koreana 'Luminetta
    {{gwi:151625}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Abies koreana 'Luminetta'

• chelone
    13 years ago

I think the shots of the SF GaHden Show were just fine, Kathy. Better than I'd've supplied. ;)

I love the indigo cones on Abies koreana "Luminetta", Yeona. So pretty. And what is the pretty pink confection in the first shot?

The Salon is downright toxic this morning. Yesterday I applied the first coat of sealer to the inside of the window box pieces and this morning I've finished the second. I have the stove cooking along and the windows cracked so there should be some improvement in time. Next step will be assembly and then the application of the stain to the exteriors. It's my hope that the installation will coincide with that of the awning hardware. I'm behind on the awnings and need to get cracking on them.

We pooled our efforts yesterday and took down the pediments over the windows... do you think it was time?? Lol. I will try to get the frames stripped to day and the spent greens out to the "burn pile", but it's going to be cold to day and I don't relish the job with bare fingers. May just save that for another day.

Rumor has it that some friends will be stopping by later today and we'll share a meal before they head off to their final destination. I've heard rumors of shish kabobs on the grill; I hope that is fulfilled. Yum-yum.

And there is the question of the wireless printer, too. I may just call in the BIL to do that for me today. I have come to the conclusion that enlisting the assistance of those capable and interested in that stuff beats the hell out of self-inflicted frustration. There's too much frustration involved in dealing with Dirtyland to heap on more when I'm at home, you know?

OK,time to head into the house and take care of a few more piddly chores while the sealer sets up and the influx of fresh, cold air and the stove do battle. Later!

• yeonasky
    13 years ago

I agree Chelone. Hire help if you can.

I like unusual plants. I've linked a site with some unusuals. Habla espaniol? I don't understand what they say but we both speak plant.

This one looks like an alien.

{{gwi:151626}}

Yeona

Here is a link that might be useful: Re: plantas y flores curiosas

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Just a fly-by to say hi to everyone. I am hoping to be back in the spring Idyll swing by mid-April. Putting in 10-hour days at school (thank goodness I don't have your commute, Cindy-you are a stronger woman than I) and going in on Saturdays, too. Ugh. Home is wearing as well right now, so I check in here and on FB, but no energy for long comments.

Smiling at the pictures and looking forward to reconnecting.

See you all in about four weeks.

• jak1
    13 years ago

Happy Sunday everyone! Bright and beautiful-looking out there today but brrrrrr....it is cold. Really really ready for some nice Spring temps.

On the plus side, I have managed two JulieJobs that I hate: cleaning up the dog treasures, and cleaning out the fridge. DH did a big grocery shop so the food had a decent place to go.

TCS had a disappointing day yesterday. He belongs to a Cub troop and they had a large district car rally yesterday. The kids make their own cars out of little kits supplied by the troop, and they hold a race day once a year. TCS had the fastest car in his troop, and was really looking forward to the big day. There were 80 plus racers there. TCS did great in his preliminary races, came first in the semi finals, went on to the finals and tied for first. They had a run-off and he came second. Just as he was about to collect his much-desired trophy, a parent from another troop came forward to say that her child had missed a race and should be allowed to compete again. They did a check of the preliminary results and TCS had one fewer first place than the other child, so they removed him from the finals and allowed the new racer in. Her car came second, and the first and third place children were the same ones as before. The upshot is that the boy who won the third place trophy had just been beaten by TCS's car not ten minutes before, and TCS got nothing. We brought home a very sad little boy. However, as we told him, life's lessons are hard. The result did not seem fair to us, but life isn't always fair. There are many disappointments, you might not get that job, you might not get into the college you hoped to, you might not make the team, for whatever reasons, you have to deal with it as best you can and get on with things. After all the prizes were not large and he is no better or worse off than he was the day before. I am proud of his acceptance, and of his statements such as, "well, I was still in the top six, and my car was still the best in my troop, and Paul (Scout leader) said he was proud of my behaviour". Paul will acknowledge the situation at the Cub meeting on Wednesday. Oh the drama in my life!!

Although I did have some more serious issues to deal with last week resulting in several sleepless nights and not much appetite. When I get stressed, I clean, so my house looks great. I also transplanted my little seedlings from the peat pots to larger pots and rearranged all the plants so that adequate light is available for them. I discovered an old Amaryllis bulb in the basement, potted it up and put it in a window, and I will be rewarded with a large bloom in the near future. Little things can do a lot to brighten a day.

Time for me to toddle off to prepare hot hors d'oeuvres (sp), a Sunday night tradition here. DD and BF will join us as they are picking up their dog after a week vacation. It will be nice to see them, haven't had a chance to sit and gab for a while.

Cheers,

Julie

• gardenbug
    13 years ago

Wonders will never cease! The return of Cyn to anticipate, clematis in Yeona's gardens already, snowthunder at Norma's, Rolls Royce talk at Woody's...

Here we have had a guest speaker at out environmental group this morning, followed by a nice lunch at the Aberfoyle Mill with friends from 30+ years ago. I guess we are all grayer and more entrenched in our ways...

It is sunny and cold and very beautiful outside! I REALLY REALLY want to phone the tree man to come do his magic here...but DH is hemming and hawing and I need his financial input!

My garden friends have made contact...so that is very nice news. I hope to see them in April!

Phoebe had a wonderful haircut and received a poor report card on bathtub behavior. Dogs, it seems, are not supposed to lunge out of tubs 3-4 times before getting shampooed. But she was an angel for grooming and is poofy and fluffy and looks huge. At least she smells good!

Tomorrow I entertain for Book Club with dinner, Nigerian slides and discussion of the Biafran War. Then I can move on at last to other fun. One of those fun things is making dresses for Ivy. I'll share about that when I know more. I am a bit more relaxed about Skyler and his schooling since I heard that his teachers, father and DD are all on the same page. It is his Mom who is on her own page. To have DSIL more confident means a lot to me. DD is also planning on being a soccer coach for Skyler's team. (I'm sure he'll love it but that his mother will be furious...which is not the intent at all.) DD is a natural for it and needs to get out and do things she enjoys now that she's back at work.

On the latest front, DS & DH will be off together in Montevideo Uruguay in early May and DS may move to Haiti for the whole year. I'm not enchanted by that thought at all, but we will see what actually occurs over time.

Have you heard all the new bird sounds? Today we are still seeing snow buntings and I just love them!
    Later,
    'bug

• chelone
    13 years ago

Cold here, too, you guys! Strong winds that are now out of the northwest. A northeast wind (off the water) can be cold but it's also humid. Out of the northwest is usually dry and just plain cold. We barely cracekd 32F even with strong sunshine. A hat day!

Cynthia, I have thought about you every time the Wisconsin wrestling match was shown on TV! and I think of you now that questions about a 4 day school week and other ways of scheduling the "school year" are coming up in my state. I'm no fan of unions but neither do I think "busting" them is an answer. The only "good" business deal is the one where both parties are agreed. Only through compromise is that accomplished. "Good thoughts to the cosmos" (a Mum-ism) for peace on the home front.

TCS has learned an important lesson, Julie. Not without good help and good humor, either! Kids are the bell weathers of "life". They're the ones who are smart enough to see injustice the minute it starts. And they're the ones who are able to deal with it and move on most swiftly. Another reason I hate kids. (And dogs). I watch kids and I marvel that anyone is able to deal with them for a day, let alone a week. But I know that finding a way to accommodate their need to learn is the swiftest way to get through a day. It's a S L O W DOWN thing. And it's about enjoying the scenery along the way, isn't it?

Trees that respired in the morning and are vanished by evening make me sort of sad. It took a long time to grow 4 trunks upwards of 40' an now the bounty lies on the ground waiting to be recycled into heat. Broken pieces on the ground don't have the cache of swaying branches. There is a "science" to taking something that massive down... and I would really like to go up the bucket, the view must be gorgeous! I may ask next time since I want my "money's worth"!

We heard the first Redwing Blackbird yesterday. It's still cold, but the next time the weather breaks it will be for good. The Pride has been scorin' heavy with voles and other equally foolhardy rodents. Polly had a bird the other day, but when she saw the helpmeet and "talked" to him she dropped it and it flew off. Did it survive the night? dunno.

Rex had a meltdown yesterday, 'bug. He's been a real dink with "walkers" lately and I have gone on the rampage for a strict obedience approach to things. He was put on leash when our neighbor came over with his 7 mo. puppy. I am unwilling to tolerate a dog that charges over to people and other dogs and insists on being "large and in charge". He continually broke command (down/stay) and there was a lot of whining. He wasn't happy when he was "corrected", either. But I kept putting him back on command and reinforcing the command. I like the "down/stay" for him because it reinforces lower status and the necessity to wait for "further orders"; he's also a big, strong dog and the "down/stay" gives me a little more control. I was surprised, embarrassed, and irritated that he had a notion challenging me might be OK. and it reinforces my resolve to ralley the helpmeet to the obedience cause. I could tell the guy with the puppy was uncomfortable, but I explained to him why I was so insistant and he understood. He wants to hunt his puppy and obedience work is a huge part of that training, too. So I think Phoebe gets the nod for "most tractable". :) (more beatings, I say!)

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

Raining. There were JJ's done however; I expect that by next weekend we will see warm temps and explosive growth. No time for indoors at that point. The National Weather Service has presented me with a forecast that includes daytime temps that start with a seven, nighttime temps that start with a 5. At last ! My poor garden is a veritable swamp.

Julie your fortitude and patience with TCS is admirable. That young man would be in a bad way if he had been in the hand I was dealt. I just don't have what you have. It seems encouraging that he stood tall in the car race issue.

Yeona, there was a book published , maybe last year on bizarre plants. I loved your link.

Hi Cyn ! I've seen you swoop in over on FB upon occasion, we look forward to having you back here on a more regular basis.

�bug, very nice indeed that DD will coach Skylars soccer team. And he'll learn about avoiding nepotism too I'll bet.

Ok , all for now, I need to cook some dinner and read awhile. It's closing night for Gypsy tonight, and the JC Superstar rehearsals are going full tilt. After that we have the the summer production of As You Like It. Theater is alive and well at the Kathy house.

Kathy in Napa

• chelone
    13 years ago

Another cold one on tap today. And it looks like more of the same for the rest of the week. I have a couple of patches of crocus that are attempting to open but have thusfar refused. I think they're shivering!

I keep reminding myself how nice the next really warm day is going to feel. Hope springs eternal.

Yesterday I clipped some of the crossed and useless interior branches on the Viburnums. I trimmed up the Grey Dogwoods, nipped the longest tips of the Nootkatensis, and gave the disappointing Clethra "Ruby Spice" a major haircut. The grasses were cut back and I discovered the first evidence that the Korean Rhodo. has been broken by careless snow removal. :(

We've set some plans for the continued development of the Fertile Crescent and have called the guy who was in charge of the Great Drainage Caper to come over and walk through the laundry list with us.

Killing time until I can get to Dirtyland. (this is getting really old).

• saucydog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm up and ready for my first day of work - well first day of training. Two weeks of training and then I'll be ready. I'm so excited. I hope that I like it as much as I have dreamed that I'll like it. I have all the appropriate comfort gear pulled together: hats, gloves, boots, comfy warm socks, flannel lined pants, and a nice red barn jacket over the top. I feel a bit like Paula Bunyan.

DD will be great as a soccer coach! Right up her alley. Sometimes I feel sorry for Skylar's mom because she just can't get on board. Life could be so much easier - even for her ;) and especially for Skylar. He naturally must defend his mother which must cause problems, too. My best thoughts are always with your little family, GB (that is not so little anymore!).

Cyn, I enjoy it when I see you pop in here and there and know you must be busy. I hope I will be able to keep up here as I begin this new job. Pretty soon it will be summer!

Chelone, you've made so many changes to the compound since I've known you - it's amazing! Maybe you're not as in tune to the changes because you live there, but when I see the new road screen and all the changes you've made to pathways and beds, I'm truly amazed! I am always struck with how much I need to get on the ball and start taking the steps that you take! I get stuck in the overwhelming aspect of it all....you seems to know that you need to take logical steps.

So chandeliers, huh? That could be a fun project. I see those little battery tea lights on sale all the time. I wonder how they'd do floating in a glass of rainwater, though? He he...I know I'd never bring them in. If only I could drill a drain hole in the bottom of the jar - wonder if that is possible?

Deanne needed a chandelier for her upper "room" in her garden too, remember?

I hope that you feel better soon, Michelle. 19 days will be fun to use for gardening! Did you find your pansies? I'm sure they're here, too, but tucked away inside. I keep seeing primrose at the home stores.

My neighbor that I do so much work for is sad to see me go to work at another job, but she has devised a plan so that I can help with our annual "Plantapalooza" and make some extra money. I'm always rewarded with plants, too, at a time of the year when I really enjoy them. She and I took a little trip to Logee's the other day just to talk and enjoy the greenhouses. We both came home with a little something ;)

I'm going to go and get ready, pack my lunch. It feels like the first day of school!

Saucy

• deanneart
    13 years ago

Good morning all,

REALLY busy here as always. The weather continues cold so I'm not feeling motivated to get outside today. I've gotten a good deal of the back gardens cleaned out for the spring but haven't touched the front yet. The city plows did a number on the front lawn last winter so I've got to get that fixed before our Conservancy tour in July.

One of my winter projects is helping to keep track of a pair of Peregrine Falcons that look like they are planning to move into Nashua. We haven't had a breeding pair here in my lifetime so this is a wonderful thing. Here's a pic of the male
    {{gwi:151628}}

Wanted to thank Kathy for posting those great shots of the living chandeliers! Fabulous ideas for me and as Saucy said I�d like to put a chandelier up in my outdoor room on the hill. Must give this some thought.

OK I've got to run and start the daily watering chores. Can't wait to get these plants outside! Waving hello to one and all. Have a great day
    Deanne

• chelone
    13 years ago

That Peregrine is just beautiful. We have hawks hereabouts, but I'm not sure what sort... usually don't have my glasses on, let alone a pair of binoculars! I love the verdigris background. And I really love that they evidently don't care a fig about moving into metropolitan areas.

The window boxes have been assembled and they're huge. Yikes. I think I'll postpone the staining until we have a break in the weather and I can set them up outside in the sunshine. The bleaching oil stain is pretty strong and I've no desire to fill the Salon with it.

It is such a nice time of year. I am sure Saucy is going to enjoy her time out and about. It's hard to remain gloomy when you're out in the sunshine. I hope you've had the good sense to slather on the sunscreen. And I hope this job turns out to be all you hope.

Saucy, you're not the only one who gets overwhelmed by the immensity of a project. Happens to me all the time. And it's frustrating to have to focus on site work, tree work, materials acquisition, and all the back-breaking work to get the area ready. It always feels as though the results are so puny in comparison with the work. I'm "an ant" and I always have been. I am genetically programmed to make a list, pick away at things, keep my head down, and focus on the job at hand. It often seems that what I have as a vision in my mind takes so long to achieve. And for the most part I rarely take the time consider how much has been accomplished because I'm busy keeping my head down and plugging along. I'd have made a great ox. ;)

19 days of leisure, Michelle?! Lucky duck, so I'm hoping you're feeling better very soon. A bit too early for pansies here, I think. Though the remaining snow is receding steadily and Rex is running out of places to do "rolie-polies" close to the house.

• saucydog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm tired, but it was fun! Actually fun. We walked around and identified host trees of the Asian Longhorned beetle. 12 species of trees that we must know how to identify with NO LEAVES :) I was surprised at how quickly we all picked it up.

I do need to study, though, as we need to break out the maple into the different varieties....and the Hackberry is hard to spot, too ;)

Wow Deanne!

• michelle_zone4
    13 years ago

Colder than normal here although the end of the week is suppose to be around 55.

I'm waiting on dinner of baked fish and crash hot potatoes. Watching American Pickers, that show is right up my alley. I come from a family of junkers after all.

The reason I have 19 days is that I finally convenienced the company to do PTO instead of vacation and sick leave. I rarely stay home because I'm sick and I gained an extra week off also.

Wow, Deanne that's an amazing shot. I love the verdigris.

The chandliers remind me of the store that I took Kenzie to recently. Its a non-profit for Habitat for Humanity. People donate all kinds of building stuff. I perused the hanging lights but didn't see anything that would was neat enough. We had fun though.

Saucy, your job sounds interesting. I hope its a good fit for you. No pansies, I'd even settle for primroses but haven't seen those either. I really need something in the pillar pots. I'm jealous of your trip to Logees. I got their catalog this year and enjoyed looking at all the really cool and unusual plants.

Yeona, the Abies Koreana 'Luminetta' is very cool. Thanks for the link.

Michelle

• triple_creek
    13 years ago

Deanne that picture is a wowser!

As I was scrolling down Bug's picture of the cat tail caught my eye too. LOL thats typical and cute.

Sounds like everyone is gearing up for the busy season.

Saucy, I have learned to identify more trees by their bark since we have lived here, but still could learn a lot more. The young trees are sometimes harder for me.
    So happy you like the work.

Julie that had to be heartbreaking for TCS. I'm glad he was able to deal with it as good as he did. I hope whatever is causing your sleepless nights passes quickly.

Kathy I like the chandoliers too. And Michelle I was just reading about the Habitat for Humanity store deal. We like American Pickers here too.

I had running to do this morning so not much got accomplished around here today. I had paint mixed to match the barn so I can paint the doors Bob is building. He is coming down with a cold though so it may get put on hold for a few days.
    I also stopped by the nursery. I was going to use my coupon towards another hayrack planter, but couldn't decide if the ones they had matched the one I have. So I browsed the greenhouse and enjoyed the blooms and the smell was heavenly. There were lime trees in bloom in there among other things.

I took soome pictures this morning. Things didn't look to bad after having six inches of snow on them. I wonder about tonight though since most of the snow is gone and it's to be pretty cold. I put them on a seperate thread.

Yeona I still want to visit the unusal plant link you posted.

Hi Cyn.

This thread is nearing the end and we will hit the five hundred mark. Amazing.

goodnight all. N

• gardenbug
    13 years ago

Fun time with book club tonight...I even forgot dessert! Oh my!

WOW Deanne. Super shot! Good to have you here!

Saucy, love seeing you here too. Hope this job is even better than you hoped. I too sometimes feel sorry for Skyler's mom because she just can't get on board. But I get over it fast because she makes zero effort and is so full of anger. I wish she'd work on that and her "poor me" attitude. Anger is a waste of time.(Last week she couldn't attend Skyler's ski day. When DSIL asked about it she deliberately gave him the wrong location. How dumb is that? Anyway, they are wise to her and went to the right location and enjoyed the day together)

Thursday I get to work with a really good seamstress who has started making things for little Miss Ivy. I'm eager to see what she's been up to. I go there on Thursday. She's from Holland.

I got email from DD. It seems DSIL is now teaching Ivy the Latin names of animals. OYYYYYYYYYY!

DH wants to dig into dessert now...so maybe I'll help him!
    Gnite!
    'bug

• yeonasky
    13 years ago

It was warmer here today at 11 C, but that's due to a thick rain cloud, holding all the heat in. It's supposed to drop to the cool single digits again tomorrow.

Gardening is a great anti depressant. I pulled down old stocks and tidied up a few shrubs. I want to move a caryopteris that impedes the path, so that's my big project for this week.

Chelone sorry about Rex. It is very hard to watch people not caring about their more aggressive, barky dogs. When I see a dog go into an aggressive mode, I act immediately, use my interruption techniques. It's just a sound I make, really. I learned about that from the controversial Dog Whisperer. So far it has worked in many instances and people thank me; though I feel foolish, as it is not a whisper, but in fact the opposite. I am alpha, hear me roar?

Julie, glad TCS was able to turn lemons into lemonade. That's a very important talent. My DS was told not to race at all when he won first place at his cub group, many years ago, as most kids were never even placed, but we decided to go anyway, and Evan came in second. His scout leader said maybe it was a good idea to try. Duhhhh. If you don't try, you'll never know. It says right on the pendant to 'Do your best'.

Sorry about the more serious issues. I hope you come out the other side quickly.

Deanne gorgeous pic of that Peregrine Falcon. I love the claws. Just a subtle reminder of it's predator status.

Saucy I love that good kind of tired. The one that comes with satisfyingly hard, but fun, work.

Cyn, have a good month. Look forward to seeing you when you're able.

Kathy which do you like better, Gypsy or JC songs?

Norma glad the garden didn't suffer too much from the snow. I sometimes think we suffer far more than our gardens in the winter. You'd think we'd find it easier to go through winters, given how long we've been doing it for.

Marie, bookclub night must have been good, for you to forget dessert. If I could eat dessert I don't think I'd ever forget it. Ivy is getting an ivy league education I see. Lucky girl!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivy_League

Evan's challenge. He was asked to go down a ladder and his fear of heights stopped him cold. He's going to have to practice going up to higher and higher heights before he can do it on the job. I get dizzy when I have to look down from a height, but have never let that stop me. For years I went twice a year at least, to Lynn Canyon and walked the suspension bridge, to thumb my nose at my fear of heights. People would stop and ask me if I were all right all the time, because I'd be white as a sheet with pinprick irises.

I've got to go walk Leah.

Toodles,

Yeona

Here's a couple of pics of Evan's car and wolf pendant.
    {{gwi:151630}}{{gwi:151631}}

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:151597}}

• triple_creek
    13 years ago

Yeona I'm afraid of hieghts too. Love that picture though.

• triple_creek
    13 years ago

Doesn't feel like spring today. Bob was down for the count this morning and since we were out of seasoned firewood Rebel and I went to the woods looking for downed limbs and small dead trees. I managed to cut up two tractor bucket loads so the fire is cooking right along again. I hope the rain snow mix we are supposed to get blows on around us. We need to dry out a bit.
    I made chilli and cornbread for lunch. A good day for it.
    I really need to go down and finish the work in the basement. Might be able to get to that since I feel more alert today. I quit taking my alergy meds to see if that was what was making me so groggy. I kind of think it was that.
    I was really begining to think Our old cat Jasmine wasn't going to wake up today. I called to her twice before she moved at all and it was late. She roused a bit but didn't get up. I later took her food in to her and she ate a little but wasn't really interested. I've never been around an older declineing cat so don't really know what to expect. She is almost eighteen. Is that really old for a cat?

13 years ago

I just submitted the last assignment for my course. What a relief - I now have my life back...! It'll be interesting to see how I do on the course. Up to this point, my average for the assignments submitted is 89, but I skimped on this last one so it's hard to say what my final grade will be.

Norma - you've certainly been active today - wow! Your talk of wood gathering made me think of Marian and Nolon - I wonder how they're doing...? 18 is old for a cat so, sadly, it sounds like she's in her final days.

• gardenbug
    13 years ago

Congratulations Woody!

Jasmine, take it easy old girl and stay warm in a sunny window.

• chelone
    13 years ago

I have been thinking about how best to display my collection of Breyer model horses. I have a lot of them and I have a lot of interesting things to do with horse racing.

It was on this day, March 29, 1917 that the incomparable Man O' Was foaled.

Another fun and useless fact to know and tell.

• triple_creek
    13 years ago

Welcome back Woody! I'm sure your grade will be good.

I'm going to give this thread a final push in hopes Spring really will get here. Bye.....................

• gardenbug
    13 years ago

Only since being on the web (which I consider a short time) have I observed people who have collections. I have a friend who has collected rabbits over the years. I think it has been a fine thing as she travels extensively and it gives a focus to all those trips to exotic markets around the world. But soon it reached the point where she was forced to collect only particularly good/interesting/quality/exotic ..whatever rabbits. Space was an issue! There were filled china cabinets, tops of bookshelves and more furniture laden with bunnies. There were china plates, rabbit teapots, rabbit pot holders, bunny sweaters... they were everywhere! I'm not sure that she has entirely stopped her collecting days, but people have certainly been told that they are not accepting rabbit gifts any longer.

Needless to say, a display of Breyer horses is beyond me. I wish I had a good idea for you Chelone. The people I know have allowed the collecting thing to get WAAAAY out of hand as I see it, but I think having a deep love of something in particular is a wonderful thing. Keeping treasures in boxes is rather silly. They should be viewed. So I guess I'll stick to clematis (and of course grand children) while I still can. Do share your solution as it evolves!

• chloehoover
    13 years ago

Wow, everyone got a burst of chattiness - neat to see more folks come out of the wood work and I will surely miss most of all the important items to hit.

Michelle - egad, I do hope they figure out your chest pain, etc., symptoms -- a lot of stress in life lately of some sort? I sure hope you can take some of that extra time off and relax and enjoy and maybe figure out how to get you back up to snuff.

Yeona - love love that abies - I've lusted after the abies Silberlocke ever since seeing Monique's photos of hers and in person (the abies that is)...

Yea, on a few more idyller sightings (hi Cyn -- you're having tough work time too, uh?) and nothing like those mini-meet-ups. (Kathy I checked out "garden porns" blog photos of the show, LOL, so I feel suitably informed. It's tough to look, take photos and report ... it's a lot of skill I think.

Keeping my fingers crossed on Drema's success re job interviews and new opportunities - persist, persist, is all one can do. Saucy's new job sounds challenging tooo.

Love that chandelier idea and I think Deanne is the perfect garden to do that!!! Can't wait to see what your artistry turns up. I smell a new trend coming....

Cold, terribly windy and gloom coming - this month is the Longest month - how did that happen? There was sun but that was the last of it - now rain, etc.

Norma, I hope your cat enjoys her days in peace. Woody, glad to hear you survived that course. Congrats.

O, I know I've missed all other important things... will try to get back on a new thread (i'm dancing dangerously tagging all this on the end of this thread, teehee)....

-cindy

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

lol, no one wants to start 500 ..it should be Saucy's job though ! The foundress...

• deanneart
    13 years ago

Hi all, many thanks for the comments re the Peregrine photograph. They are such magnificent birds. I�m really enjoying observing their behavior.

So the Idylls have hit 500!!! Wow! There is a lot of our lives in the annals of the Idylls.

Norma, yes, 18 is pretty old for a kitty� We�ve said it often, they just don�t have long enough lives and it doesn�t seem fair. Poor Jasmine, poor Norma�.

Yea, Woody, glad you�re done your course, just in time for spring gardening�

Cindy, how is miss Stella? And that lovely Isla? Hope all is well in your world. Don�t let that commuting get you down.

We are supposed to get yet another snow storm on Friday. I can hardly believe but the weather persons are predicting 6" to 12"� Good grief� I�m so ready to be done with that.

OK time to get off the computer and get downstairs to my paint brushes. Several classes coming up I have to get projects finished for. Waving hello to one and all�.

Deanne