Blowing once

blowing twice

blowing chicken soup

with rice.

Comments (15)

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The 22 month stage is a fabulous time for a Nana! They are clever, cute, funny, silly and sometimes naughty. At least Ivy is! She is cautious, at times fearful. She surprised me by being afraid of the cats at times, even though she has a wonderful cat at her day home. She worries about her soup being too hot and blows on it first. She knows all about the wood stove, so no problems there. She adored chasing Phoebe around the couches at top speed. Running is a newly acquired skill.

A talented friend visited and he played piano for her. At first the loud sounds alarmed her, but not for long.

Here are some pictures of Ivy. Check out her finger in her nose for the family portrait. ;)

{{gwi:152473}}

{{gwi:152474}}

{{gwi:152476}}

{{gwi:152478}}

{{gwi:152480}}

{{gwi:152481}}

The door stop makes a fine noise!
    {{gwi:152482}}

{{gwi:152483}}

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Leo, now 6 months, changed a great deal during his week here. He became much more lively and alert and it was great fun to watch the changes. By week's end he was giggling hard at various adult antics, grabbing things, rolling over, pulling hair, practicing standing...all great talents don't you agree? He wants to eat big people food and studies us all seriously at meal time.

Ready to go!
    {{gwi:152484}}

This is a common pose where he seems to be checking his nail polish!
    {{gwi:152485}}

{{gwi:152486}}

Checking out his public and his socks
    {{gwi:152487}}

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK, some more!

After finger painting and brush painting it is time for "clean up!"

{{gwi:152488}}

{{gwi:152489}}

Cars and trains and trucks and planes are a big hit!
    {{gwi:152490}}

{{gwi:152491}}

{{gwi:152492}}

Ivy learned to screw on a lid...
    {{gwi:152493}}

and wear a crown
    {{gwi:152494}}

Exercise is important...
    {{gwi:152496}}

Reading is still a priority, alone or together.
    {{gwi:152497}}

With Mommy
    {{gwi:152498}}

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    13 years ago

Adorable; like puppies and kittens...:-) That family portrait will be a classic to show around when she's all grown up (teen+ :-)

• chelone
    13 years ago

I like the socks in the 5th. picture. She clearly has "bigger fish to fry". :)

And I'm constantly amazed by the number of people who insist on putting fences around a woodstove instead of teaching the kid about it... they instinctively know it's too hot to touch!

I think Leo looks as though he's learning piano fingering technique! He looks like a little old man in the last shot... only thing missing is a white belt, lol. (he looks nice and plump, too).

• triple_creek
    13 years ago

Ah! the awaited pictures, and well worth the wait. Ivy and Leo are at a fun age. They are learning so many new things and they are funny and cuddly. I'm so happy you had this time with them and Sarah and your DS.
    Did Skylar enjoy his trip?

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Skyler certainly adored his trip - and well should have! He was spoiled at every turn. They (the Make-a-Wish Foundation) gave him presents every evening, trips each day, limousine service everywhere, food at all times and even was put to bed by a different Disney character each evening. Free everything at the hotel and miniature golf too. (I'd hate every moment!) But, he did get an outdoor tour thank goodness and got to hold a baby alligator and see nesting birds. For this Sarah is greatly pleased.

Chelone, I think all babies look like old men. This one just happens to be particularly sweet. ;)

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here are some of the fabrics DD and I bought for dresses for Ivy this summer.

{{gwi:152500}}

And then some of Ivy's fingerpaintings-

{{gwi:152502}}

{{gwi:152503}}

Her blue period...
    {{gwi:152504}}

{{gwi:152506}}

Teddy misses her...
    {{gwi:152508}}

As does the rocking chair. This belongs to DS actually. It needed repair while he was here after Ivy gave it a good workout.
    {{gwi:152509}}

Friends brought us our first tulips of spring!
    {{gwi:152510}}

And MeToo soaks up the sun.
    {{gwi:152511}}

• michelle_zone4
    13 years ago

The pictures really tell the story. Obviously lots of fun and lots of love shared by all.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Where are Ivy's peers?

• chelone
    12 years ago

Who cares? :)

(that tossed gauntlet oughtta bring 'em out of the woodwork, 'bug)

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You're such a brat! I love it!

• chelone
    12 years ago

Just doin' my job, lol.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Gee Chelone, you sure tried!....

So this is winding down on March... DD's message from yesterday:

"Ivy can now pronounce "k" (so now fox is "fok", frog is "Frok", but Book is "Book"). Wayne is working on teaching her her animals using the Noah's ark picture in her room. SO now she knows chickadee, elephant, snake, bear, lion, squirrel, mouse, owl. He's also teaching her the animals by their Latin names, so fox is vulpes!"

How I love watching her grow!!!!!

• triple_creek
    12 years ago

I wish GW was as easy to upload photos to as facebook is. I'm sure there would be more pictures here then.
    I imagine that Noahs ark collage fascinates Ivy. How neat that daddy gets the one on one time with her. Probably while Leo is sleeping.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner