Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ctlavluvr

For Idyllkids and other Dr. Suess Fans

ctlavluvr
16 years ago

A pretty cool school near me knew it is Dr. Suess's birthday, too!!

What is your favorite Dr. Suess book?

Mrs. Martie

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:152517}}

Comments (7)

• Cindi_KS
    16 years ago

I love Green Eggs and Ham, just for the sounds. I would estimate I've read that book 2,000 times over the years. (Hmm 3 kids,5 years apart......) My favorite baby gift to give is Fox in Sox and Hop on Pop because I think they are sooo much fun to read to really young kids. Kohls has them cheap with stuffed toys to match.
    Cindi

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

I think my all time favorite is Go Dog Go which isn't written by Dr. Seuss but P.D. Eastman who was a protege of Dr. Seuss. I just love the dog party at the end. It was the first book I bought for Jennifer even before she was born. Bella likes so many of the Dr. Seuss beginners series books. We still read from the old ones I got through a every month by mail bookclub when my kids were small.

Here's the link to the Dr. Seuss stuff Bella and I were fooling around with last week.

Eden

Here is a link that might be useful: Dr. Seuss

• saucydog
    16 years ago

I am a big fan of Dr. Seuss movies - I have spent lots of time on YouTube with the kids watching :) I don't know why, but I watched alot of these movies in school. Some are very political....fun to see what you notice as an adult. I remember the movies being very though provoking to me....

Sarah will participate at school - they have a drop everything and read program. The kids bring a favorite book and at many times during the school day, they will drop what they're doing and pick up their book to read. She's at the end of The BFG.

Saucy

• Full_Bloom
    16 years ago

What a fun post Marty! I think my favorite is probably Green Eggs and Ham. Like Cindi...I just love the sound of it and oft repeated it in my head! :-) I also thought the Butter Battle book was quite profound, though a tough subject.

Ei

• ctlavluvr
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The neighborhood can't form a consensus ;-)

I, on the other hand, love One Fish, Two Fish ..... When Ky was learning to live with an eye patch, it was the one "close up" thing he would concentrate on. I can still hear us laughing ....

Just got another vote in for "Horton Hears a Who." Though not unanimous, it's the majority of readers aged 1.8 - 16 years :-)

Martie

• triple_creek
    16 years ago

I think my favorite is The Cat in the Hat. But I like Green Eggs and Ham too.
    Norma

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

Horton Hears A Who comes out at the movies in a couple of weeks. A good outing for Bella and I and we can stop here for Suess food and make a day of it...

Here is a link that might be useful: Suess inspired dishes