Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deanneart

Philadelphia Flower Show 09

deanneart
15 years ago

Hi all,

Well I decided to put these links in one place on a separate thread so it would be easier to find them. Enjoy!

Deanne

Here is a link that might be useful: Phily gallery 1

Comments (10)

• deanneart
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This is the smallest of the photo galleries but has all the flower and plant 'fashion' displays. I just loved the green gown which is all made of leaves! Just gorgeous! I also just loved the panel that's the first pic in this gallery, It looked like some kind of hand made paper with the orchids in it. Again, just gorgeous!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gallery 2 - Fashion

• deanneart
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This set of pics had my favorites from the show. I just loved this room with the gorgeous opulent drapes, tiled floor and fantastic glass pieces with flowers. It was incredible.
    {{gwi:152641}}

{{gwi:152642}}

This display of amaryllis was over the top beautiful.
    {{gwi:152643}}

And this is part of the most creative display of flowers I've ever seen, the upside down amaryllis are used as vases for other flowers...
    {{gwi:152645}}

This waterfall of vanda orchids was also part of that same display
    {{gwi:152646}}

Anyway, more and more, orchids and blooming bougainvilla standards, and on and on.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gallery 3

• deanneart
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Some of the displays in this one made me think of Eden, the front porches were wonderful.

{{gwi:152648}}

{{gwi:152650}}

Table settings to die for
    {{gwi:152651}}

{{gwi:152652}}

Window boxes
    {{gwi:152653}}

Vegetable Gardens
    {{gwi:152654}}

And more and more and more
    {{gwi:152655}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Gallery 4

• denisez10
    15 years ago

Fabulous, Deanne. Can't thank you enough for traveling with a camera! (Have to check the antique furniture thread, because I swear I saw a table very similar to that farmhouse yellow one in a picture from bug's house...)

• Jerri_OKC
    15 years ago

Fabu-fabu! These are just amazing. I'm bookmarking the links to drool over for days to come. Thank you Deanne!

Jerri

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Thanks Deanne, for taking us along to Philly-it's always so hard to get decent pics at these things and yours are fabu! You have tipped the scales here for me , I will definately attend the SF show this month , for what may be it's last year. I'm just a sucker for those over-the-top flower arrangements and what great photos !

Kathy in Napa

• chloehoover
    15 years ago

I soo agree re the photos -- having attempted to get this type and being no photographer, it's an amazing difference to actually be able to "see" the photos, LOL (mine are always dark, dark) -- so I feel like I had a personal showing of the show, Deanne -- and I so appreciate the time and thought you had to take to put these up for all (including lurkers) to see and enjoy.

I think a mini-IU meet-up at the Flower Show in Phila next year would be a perfect Thumbs thing to do!

--Cindy

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Gorgeous pics and displays....but I am wondering, what happens to all that after the show? How much goes to the dump? I know, my mind does not work like other peoples. :-(

• jendubin
    15 years ago

hi there, i'm new to garden web. thought i'd link up my flower show photos as well. i live in phila go with my family every year.

i also wondered about what happens to the flower afterwards! at the very least they should compost them. i'm sure places like greensgrow would be happy to take that on.

Here is a link that might be useful: phila flower show 09

• denisez10
    15 years ago

Okay, jendubin, being pushy, I went way beyond your philly flwr photos on your photo album and saw lots of cats and food and beautiful places and people....you MUST pop over on the conversation thread "#429 Idyllversry" and tell us all about yourself...

thanks again for the philly photos!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm