Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
full_bloom

You Were Always on My Mind or Tim Tayshun

Full_Bloom
17 years ago

Heard this song on the radio the other day. Just cracked me up cause itÂs so kooky and done with an over dramatized southern accent. It got my vivid imagination :-) thinking of my lifelong battle with *temptation*! :-)

Temptation by Ingle & Stafford

Toss one on the bow

And here we go!

{{gwi:153406}}
Oh, tell me, will ya, darlin'

Why you look so bad tonight?

They's bags 'round your eyeballs

Which is red instead of white!

{{gwi:153407}}
Well, it's-a-this-a-way:

You came when I was alone

Shucks, I shoulda knowed

That you was Tim Tayshun!

{{gwi:153408}}

You smiled and led-a me on

My heart is plum gone

'Cause you was Tim Tayshun!

{{gwi:153409}}
It'd be thrillin'

Iffin you're willin'

But iffin it never can be

Then pity for me

For you was too bored to be kissed

I couldn't resist

'Cause you was temptation

And I was your'n!

{{gwi:153410}}

Yes, as the serpent tempted Adam

As the apple tempted Eve

As the mudhole tempts a muh-skeeter, darlin'

That's how you're temptin' me!

{{gwi:153411}}

Yeah, and as corn-liquor tempts a drunkard

As an orchid tempts the bee

As a willow tree tempts the caterpillar, darlin'

That's how you're temptin' me!

{{gwi:153412}}

You came when I was alone

Shucks, I shoulda knowed

That you was Tim Tayshun!

You smiled and led-a me on

My heart is plum gone

'Cause you was Tim Tayshun!

{{gwi:153413}}
It'd be thrillin'

Iffin you're willin'

But iffin it never can be

Then pity for me

Cause you was too bored to be kissed

I couldn't resist

'Cause you was temptation

And I was your'n!

{{gwi:153414}}

Here is my heart, take it away!

Yes, take it away

I say that we will never, never, never part!

I'm just a slave, just a dad-burn slave!

I'm-a goin' with you

'Cause you're temptation

And I'm a red hot flame (HOT CINDERS!)

For you!

{{gwi:153415}}

Oh well....at least my tastes get more sophisticated as I get older! :-)

I know...my mind is scary; isn't it? :-) Oh well, enough from this silly lady! Hope I put a smile on your face anyway....

Ei

Comments (13)

• just_t
    17 years ago

:oD What a clever imagination you have! I enjoyed the photos (and your add-ons!).

T.

• veronicastrum
    17 years ago

Ei, you are a true nut! Thanks for a good chuckle!!!

And happy St' Joseph's Day a little early - those St. Joseph's Table events always have a good dessert selection, don't they?

V.

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

Super Duper Ei! Loved it! :-)

• cynthia_gw
    17 years ago

You have a great mind! Focusing on the important stuff. That was way too much fun :-)

Is the second picture of baby and woman you and your mom? I'm thinking yes, but it's a color photo!

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    17 years ago

LOL, Ei, you are a hoot! Please come around more often.

Sue

• Full_Bloom
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks guys...itÂs good to know that there are people that like me...even if I *am* a little wierd! ;-) LOL!

V...are you tym tin me? :-) Guess itÂs only the right thing to do to stop and get *mom* (yea thatÂs the ticket) get *mom* some St. JosephÂs Day sweets! :-)

LOL Cynthia...no that isnÂt mom...that *is* me, with my newborn son. Though, I remember at that time I felt *older* than my mom. Colicky babies cause sleep deprivation and I would literally pass out the instant my son would fall asleep! :-)

Betcha T can probably relate to those dark circles; huh? Yes, how are those darling little twins doing? I bet they keep *you* and their mommy & daddy hopping. But, they sure are adorable; arenÂt they? :-)

Sue I was so sorry to read about your insurance woes...but I give you all the credit in the world...I admire your strength and tenacity! Keeping positive thoughts that *everything* goes smoothly.

ItÂs been cold here, but sunny...the snowdrops are blooming, daffs and tulips and other small bulbs starting to pop up. Cut the hellebores back yesterday and they are all full of fat flower buds! :-) Also cut down all the OGÂs....what a job! Has me thinking IÂm going to remove all but 2 of the miscanthusÂ...they are the messiest to work with. But keeping the panicums, calamagrostis, and the helictotrichons (even though they re-seed like crazy)...been cutting the flower heads off in fall and thatÂs helped.

I will definitely try to pop in more often...itÂs been pretty hairy here and this week isnÂt much better. Mom has started the "day care"...we call it the "Senior Center" (more dignified, I think). Everyone there is great and mom seems to like it so far. And, I may be imagining it or wishing it, but I really think I see some improvement in momÂs alertness and verbal exchanges...there may be hope. Still waiting on her last set of tests. Tomorrow I take Scout in for x-rays. WeÂre pretty sure itÂs arthritis, but theyÂre doing x rays of his whole left side, his neck and left shoulder too. Want to see if there are arthritic changes or if there is a possible bone chip causing his pain...keep good thoughts for my baby!

Well, gotta go...after I drop Scout off at 7:30, I tutor from 8:30 Â 09:30 and then meet Dottie at the track to *walk* (we arenÂt up to running yet):-)...so I've got to get to bed.

IÂll try to write a proper post at Idyll 310. I know IÂve missed lots of things, including birthdays...Happy Birthday Honey!...Happy Birthday Chelone....Happy Birthday Ryan!

Ei

• deanneart
    17 years ago

ROTFLOL, seems like you have all the important stuff on your mind. Love this! Thanks.
    Deanne

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

What a fun post to find this a.m. Ei! I love seeing the pictures of your youth. We miss you!

Michelle

• babs_clare
    17 years ago

Oh my gosh,Ei! How long did it take you to set that all up? Nice job! and fun too. To be honest,you haven't changed a bit-you still have your baby face; ) I'm cracking up at the pic of you with your tongue wagging...is that your sister with you?

Hey that's good you have your mom going to elder care! It really does help stimulate their minds-more than you would have the energy for day after day. My dad was great when he went to his-it did make a difference. Even though my dad is gone my mom now volunteers there.

Thanks for entertaining us...come to Idyll 310!

~Babs

• triple_creek
    17 years ago

Ei, very creative. Thanks for sharing with us. Very handsome young son too. Wonderful looking group of girl friends. I can see that group getting into a little mischeif, LOL. Good to hear your mom is ok with the center.
    How is the house spiffing up for resale coming along?
    I haven't had a chance to cut my OGs back yet. Wish they were done. Norma

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

Ei, funny and very cute! You are something! I loved seeing all of the old pics. Glad there's been some improvement for your mom. And lots of good thoughts going out for Scout from me. Hope to see a post from you on Idylls really soon!

Eden

• dodgerdudette
    17 years ago

How creative EI ! I read this this morning in my office at 6am while sipping my first cup of coffe and curseing my employee who brought in a huge plate of home baked cookies.
    They were good though, and the perfect companion for your clever post ! What a way to start a Monday !

Kathy in Napa

• cadeuces_sbcglobal_net
    13 years ago

I didn't know if anyone even knew of that song any more. MNy momn used to sing it to me when I was a little kid, so it's very old. I am curious where, what station you heard that on? They got a lot of the words wrong, but it is pretty close. I was actually searcing on the lyrics when I gound your site. ~:o)
    Duane