Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This Moment - March 17, 2011

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 17, 11 at 19:50

This Moment - A Friday (or anytime) ritual. A single photo - no words (or maybe a single sentence)- capturing a moment from the week. Perhaps a simple, special, extraordinary moment. Maybe a moment you want to pause, savor and remember. Maybe something that made you smile or laugh. Maybe a craft you are enjoying working on.... Please share your 'moment' with us.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This Moment - March 17, 2011

o

I sent Randy out hunting flowers... No winter aconites here but he found these:

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

And in the house we were surprised yesterday to notice this:
I didn't realize alocasia flowered! I had to check around on the Intenet to see what it will look like - a bit like a calla lily in white or red it seems.

o

Right angle binder that I have yet to persuade to deliver a satisfactory result in spite of several "college tries". It will go back to its manufacturer with my own observations on its shortcomings. Things like this frequently require a good deal of "tweaking" before they do what you want without fussing. The stitching samples don't lie.

o

I do like the right angle idea Chelone, but if the result isn't satisfactory, bye-bye!

No hellebores here so far Woody!

o

Binding can be a fiddly/tricky operation. A right angle binder allows inside curves to be bound with relative ease. It's important that the binding operation be accomplished with this attachment. It is the proper "tool for the job" but sometimes you have to tweak the adjustment by moving the binder more to the left or right. The present configuration is "maxxed out" with respect to left adjustment... and more of that's what's needed to get a satisfactory result.

This a $300 pc. of equipment that is guaranteed by the machine shop. So, back it goes to have some "reduction surgery"on the mounting plate and the guard that rests against the inside edge of the presser foot. Pretty straight forward, just takes some time and some shipping. There are so many variables in this sort of operation... machine type, fabric type, fabric layers going through the folder, etc.. In my experience success "out of the gate" is a rare thing indeed.

I have high hopes for this shop, the workmanship on the piece is very, very nice.

o

Nice that something is blooming somewhere. Nothing here, in fact despite temps in the upper 50's this week there is still some snow around.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here