Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
April in .... Ogunquit? :-)

Posted by prairiemoon2 zone 6/MA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 11, 09 at 5:06

The weather couldn't have been more perfect! With a light fleece jacket it was warm enough despite the wind. The sun shined most of the time we were there, so much so, I have a sunburn on my face...lol. On the way, we stopped at some outlet stores and picked up a few kitchen tools, including a new wooden pepper mill. It was high tide when we arrived at the beach and there was even one lone surfer in a wet suit.....the open ocean...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And the inlet with DH in the distance...the different shades of blue in the water was so beautiful.....

This is from across the way, looking back on where we were standing on the beach earlier....can you see the surfer in the wet suit?...he is a black speck in the farthest to the right whitecap [g]...

I saw this and said to DH... 'Oh, I have to take a photo of that for Chelone' ...DH : 'Who?' ....'You know, my 'imaginary friends' lol

We love the name of this cafe and had to have breakfast there, on a past trip....this was on the way to another part of town...

The other part of town....one of the restaurants, looking very different than in June...

Around the corner, another restaurant has a small garden....

Saw these and thought of Mary and her crafts....

Outside a gift shop...

Inside the giftshop...

On our way out of town, in front of another shop. Isn't this neat?

The end of the tour. :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: April in .... Ogunquit? :-)

Ogunquit means, "beautiful place by the sea".

o

When I was visiting a friend in Ogunquit long ago, I saw a sculpture for sale of a birdwatcher. I've always wished I had bought it... Your climbing children remind me of that! We stayed in a small wonderful B&B and went to my friend's art exhibit nearby. It was a wonderful visit!

Thanks for the tour and the memories!

o

Nice tour - I love the glass balls in the gift shop, as well as the small things on the wall. Reminds me a bit of my favorite gift shop here in town.

V.

o

What a wonderful way to spend a day. The ocean looks like it could be summer. You found so many interesting things to share - thanks.

Michelle

o

What a lovely photo tour. I love the water scenes and buildings but I especially enjoyed the peek into the gift shop. I've been scrutinizing your photos up close for details and idea:0)

Thank you for sharing

Mary

o

Lovely photos!!!! thanks for the tour.

Deanne

o

I really (really, really, really) like that school of fish on the wall - that's the shade of blue that I like in the garden :)

It looks like a lovely day, but I can't imagine being in the ocean even in my wetsuit (and I was in the Atlantic on New Year's Day a couple of years ago!).

Thanks for taking us along.

Saucy

o

I love all the pics, but espacially the ocean scenes and the gift shop. I would love to have some of those balls, and the fish plaques. My bathroom is decorated with fish plaques and a fish covered shower curtain. ;-)
Thanks for sharing with us.

Marian

o

What a treat for this California girl to visit such a pretty New England village by the sea. I had to laugh that so many of us liked the gift shop !

Thanks for posting these !

Kathy in Napa

o

What beautiful scenery and what a great day trip! Thanks for sharing it all with us. I enjoyed it very much!

Eden

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here