Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
At the farm today

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 16, 09 at 11:09

It is a lovely morning, so I thought I'd share. Mostly hellebores this time...

Snowdrops are at their peak.

And soon, bloodroot!

Hope you enjoy WALATing too!

'bug

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: At the farm today

Lovely! I am envious of the Iris reticulata. Apparently mine were devoured by voles. :-(
We still have bloodroot blooms.
I really must try Hellebores.

o

Beautiful! I noticed the nubs of bloodroot yesterday too! I think spring is finally here. It's almost 70F here today and the sun is shining. Thanks for the pretty pictures Marie!

Eden

o

Very pretty, Gardenbug! I also love that iris. The color is like a sky. I don't have any of the white hellebores and they are really nice. Do the critters bother your hellebores? The primrose look happy. Hope your friends have been there today and are helping with the clean up. Great day to be outside! Thanks for posting photos, I always enjoy seeing your garden, very much!

:-)

o

I'll have to go looking for my few bloodroots... Things are definitely growing faster at your place than here -'cooler by the lake' again today here....

o

I have to plant some Bloodroot. Maybe this summer you'll be able to help me select a site.

What lovely flowers to see; I also need some Iris reticulata.

I just love this time of year.

o

Hmm...I posted here earlier today while I ate my lunch! I wonder if I forgot to hit the submit button?

I said that I liked the yellow hellebores best and that I, too, liked the blue of the iris reticulata.

I also said that I need to plant more spring blooming plants/bulbs so that I can have more to look at while WALATing :)

Thanks for sharing, GB!

o

The hellebores are wonderful. A reminder to me to get more. I have only a few Ivory Prince.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here