Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Early Spring at the Farm...

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 23, 08 at 11:31

Thought I'd share some of today's pictures with you because there's so much going on with our early warm spring! Enjoy!

Anemones

Bloodroot

Brunerra

Clematis growth

Daffodils

Drumstick Primulas

Fritillaria Raddeana

Hepatica

Lathyrus

Narcissus

Pasque Flower

Corydalis

Primula Lady Grear

Pulmonaria

Ranunculus gigantica

Tree Peony bud

Tulips yet to come

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Early Spring at the Farm...

Scrumptious!

o

There is something magical about emerging foliage and you have captured it perfectly. I can't believe how much farther ahead your garden is compared to mine. My clematis are only in the bud stage.

o

Marie, what a lot of loveliness you have! So many of them would not thrive here. I am so happy for you that your spring has sprung!

o

Beautiful! Love all of these. I can't believe that your Brunnera has flowers, mine hasn't started blooming yet. Thanks for sharing your spring beauties.

o

Beautiful Marie! My bloodroot just bloomed yesterday and no flowers for me on the brunnera yet either. Somehow I lost my pasque flower. I love it and need to get another. Spring has definitely come to the farm!

Eden

o

Magnifique' bug ! I especially love the drumstick Primulas and the Fritallaria

Kathy in Napa

o

Thanks for sharing. What variety of tulip is that? The tips are so pointed, very cute. The clematis is so thick! Looks like it is going to be a beauty. From the looks of things, you've been working in your garden for quite awhile.

pm2

o

Beautiful! Like others, I can't believe how much further along your stuff is there than mine is here! We do suffer with the 'cooler by the lake' effect in spring though.

o

Things are happening fast here alrighty. Too fast. We expect frost on Sunday night... It is hard to do all the work, like removing flood damage and snow fencing, with such advanced gardens. Yesterday we had purple finches and very gold goldfinches join us in the garden. Baby coons are in the barn. An amazing spring indeed.

The tulips are 'white purissima'. I'll try for a photo as they open. My friends think I'm a lost cause because I love lots of white in the garden. "After a long winter you are supposed to like COLOUR, not more white!!!!" they cry in exasperation....

o

Hi bug!
You are ahead of me. I love the Hepatica, and of course everything else, too. Skip and I had to go to New Jersey last week, and I was surprised at how the trees were in bloom, and the grass was green. It was a little shocked to come home to gray, sort of like leaving Oz and going back to Kansas. But this week we have blooms popping on the ground and in the trees. It is one of my favorite times of the year.
D

o

Oh dear, I hope the predicted frost will not be like ours last year.
Ten years ago I could have repaired all the damage that you have, but not now. Naturally I would have been very stiff and sore for awhile.
We had another 5 inches of rain over night ! All my road work has been undone, and the head of the drive is so bad I will not try to navigate it until it is at least somewhat repaired.
The good part, all of our yard and flowerbeds are looking great, except for all the weeds !

o

GB, things do happen fast when it warms up. I can't believe how fast you catch up with us once your weather breaks.

I really want to remember to get some drumstick primulas started. It may be to dry for them here.

LOL all the white, its lovely.

I'm trying to work on a spring post. Norma

o

Just wonderful, 'bug! I love white gardens, Moon Gardens and any form thereof.

Thanks for helping me ID my Anemone :-)

Martie

o

Everything is just gorgeous. I am taking notes so that I can add all these lovlies to my spring garden!

I like white, too. With all the spring green, it's a beautiful combo.

Saucy

o

O my..... o my.......

Cindy

o

I'm enjoying your spring pics again Bug. Do you know what the varietal name is of those Narcissus? I just love those!

Deanne

o

'bug, such beautiful sights! Spring is my favorite time of year in the garden.

What brunnera variety is that? It looks creamier in color than Jack Frost.

o

Wendy and Deanne, I plead the fifth! The Brunnera I bought ages ago and much of it has "receded" to all green. OK, "reverted".

The narcissus were bought last year at a nursery..and I simply never recorded the name. I like this one too and wish I could find more.

o

Maybe it's brunnera hadspen cream? I saw that one at a nursery last weekend. I have many different brunnera mixes between the plain green and jack frost or looking glass in my garden. They reseed everywhere.

Eden

Here is a link that might be useful: hadspen cream

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here