Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vegangirl_gw

Sincere question on offensive topics-please answer!

vegangirl
15 years ago

I don't post in here any more for various reasons but,I am truly confused about this most recent issue. Marian posted a link to a particular topic that Cindy (I think?) found very offensive. Then Cindy posted her feelings about Marian's link. Now, I can understand her being upset if Marian had posted some statements in the body of her post but it was only a link. Cindy didn't have to go and look at the article or whatever it was.

I personally have been very offended by some links other Idylers have posted. I no longer go and look at the links unless the poster specifies exactly what it is about. I have also been offended by comments directly in the body of posted messages. However I have never felt the need to tell you all that I was offended. I understand that we all have different values and I can live with that.

What I really, honestly don't understand is why a link to a religious article is so offensive. I don't believe in Krishna, for example, but I don't get offended or angry when someone mentions him or puts a link to an article about him. (I don't know that this has happened. This is purely for example).

Can somebody help me understand this whole thing? I realize that posters should refrain from religious or political posts but a link? That nobody even has to look at? Why is that such a big deal???

VG

Comments (3)