Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Santa Barbara pics

Posted by dodgerdudette NapaCaz9 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 18, 10 at 20:22

There are a few photos from my visit to a garden center in Carpenteria, a seaside town a few miles to the south of SB.They had an enormous selection of succulents , which would have made me happy as can be on it's own, but when I walked around the back of the building and saw the display gardens..wow. It was just past high noon so photo taking was a challenge.

From Events

From Events

From Events

From Events

From Events

From Events

From Events

From Events

From Events

From Events

Enjoy !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Santa Barbara pics

Ahhhh, I feel warmer now! Merci!

o

I did enjoy! Thanks for sharing Kathy.

Norma

o

Those must be some display gardens. They look so colorful. It just seems so "California" Thanks Kathy.

o

Aww...and pigs really do fly!

I'll second the notion that I feel warmer.

Thanks for taking us along for the trip.

Saucy

o

I love that pig! The first picture was particularly good - very 'juicy' :-)

o

Wowser -- more incredible photos..... and after High Noon - you did amazingly well, Kathy. I can never get the glare out that washes everything out in mine -- extremely wonderful and imaginative plantings.

-Cindy

o

Wow, how fabulous Kathy. Were those a few Tithonia in that first pic? What a wonderful garden. A treat to see so much color this time of the year

Deanne

o

Deanne, those are actually all Black-eyed Susan vines covering a fence and some neighboring Genista. One does forget about the lack of a real winter down there; things might stop blooming for a couple of months but since there is no frost ( and probably never gets much below about 50 where this particular garden was)the plant only needs to push out a little growth and it's ready to go again.

I want to back to that place in the worst way, but I have an event here in June and I need to start cleaning the house..

Kathy in Napa

o

Yeah I have been there twice. It is only about a 2 hour scenic trip for me. I think it is called Seaview Gardens. I was not expecting the display gardens at all. They were nicer than some botanic gardens I have been to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here