Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
triple_creek

Spring at Triple Creek photo heavy

triple_creek
15 years ago

Here are some spring pictures, I have more when I can find the time to upload. Norma

Rebel LALATing

{{gwi:156124}}

Dogwood and redbud

{{gwi:156125}}

Bleeding Heart

{{gwi:156126}}

{{gwi:156128}}

vinca and euyonamus

{{gwi:156129}}

tulip and muscari

{{gwi:156130}}

redbud by big pond

{{gwi:156131}}

Plum Pudding and narcisius

{{gwi:156132}}

White narcissus

{{gwi:156133}}

phlox

{{gwi:156134}}

white bleeding heart

{{gwi:156135}}

{{gwi:156136}}

Brunerra Looking Glass

{{gwi:156137}}

Narcissus

{{gwi:156138}}

Iberis and Black Beauty Heuchera

{{gwi:156139}}

Comments (19)

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

I knew you'd come through Norma ! And LOL LALAT'ing ! My cats do that all day !

Love the daffs-ours are long gone here.And the white Dicentra-very pretty...

Thanks for sharing this with us Norma !

Kathy in Napa

• veronicastrum
    15 years ago

Beautiful! and I like your taste in narcissus.

Thanks for taking the time to share.

V.

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

Norma, this so wonderful! I love each shot, but those pale yellow narcissus are such a sweet color. Thanks Kathy for bugging her ;-)

Michelle

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Dog, Dogwood and redbud...aaaaah! :)

• saucydog
    15 years ago

Rebel is surveying the pride lands, or pack lands as it may be!

What a beautiful spring at your place, Norma! Your redbuds are quite impressive!

Saucy

• ctlavluvr
    15 years ago

Simply gorgeous!

Martie

• deanneart
    15 years ago

Oh my! wonderful! I just love everything! That photo of the phlox over the rock is so lovely. REally caught my eye.

I ROTFLOL over your LALATING!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post these for us!

Deanne

• Lara Noles
    15 years ago

Norma, it's always a treat to see glimpses of your gardens. You hold out on us I fear :) I really like the white dicentra. My dicentras are just starting to bloom. I always look forward to seeing them each spring. You have a great eye for garden design. I love that first picture but too many interesting things in the distance that I can't quite make out. Such pretty plant combos too. I'm so glad Kathy talked you into showing us. I enjoyed the tour. Thanks!

Eden

• chelone
    15 years ago

Norma, I've finally had a chance to study your photographs in earnest. And lovely they are indeed!

I'm particularly fond of the Redbud and Dogwood... yummy. And Dicentra is a personal favorite of mine, esp. the white ones. The Narcissus remind me of ballerina tutus, fluffy, soft and luxurious folds of tulle. Very, very pretty.

I cracked up LALATing, too, something more common in the pride here on the compound than with the Huge One, I'm sad to report. Thanks for sharing your little coHnuh of the Idyll domain.

• gardeningmary
    15 years ago

Just beautiful Norma, everything is so fresh at this time of year. I love the way your plantings work with the natural elements on your property. Were the ponds there or did you dig them?

Mary

• chloehoover
    15 years ago

Norma, I echo the sentiments - you hold out on us -- it's just glorious -- I hope we will get to see more of your garden this year, when you're not so busy w/ your work and responsibilities.

--Cindy

• Lara Noles
    15 years ago

Norma, I was excited to see a small white dicentra blooming in my garden today. I'd forgotten that my neighbor had given me one of her seedlings last year. Does yours seed around alot. She says hers does. Not that I'd mind having a small patch of these.

Eden

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Mine seed around EVERYWHERE. I love them...in moderation!

• triple_creek
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mary, I think spring is the best time for my garden as the native dogwoods and redbuds add so much to the overall effect. Some of these trees I nurtured from tiny seedlings.
    Its hard to believe that the whole area I garden was once just a patch of mostly cedar trees. I did dig the ponds myself.

Eden I have not had the white dicentra seed around yet.

This year has been so much better than last year because we have had sufficent rain so far. I still have so many projects to finish up though. I'm trying to get to a lot of them before hot weather hits. I'm not as good in the heat as I used to be. Last year I was ready to throw in the towel after a few drought years. I seem to have renewed spirit this year. I think I will try to do more with what I have ( dividing and propagating) and not let the pot ghetto get to big. LOL. I had to wrestle two fairly large shrubs out of the vegie garden because I stuck them there out of desperation. It was hard to find the sunny spots they required.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Norma...what a beautiful property you have! You have some nice changes in elevation that really gives interest, but I think you posted somewhere else that it is not easy gardening there. I have a completely level yard and it can be a little boring. Is that a Bloodgood JMaple in Photo #1? Everything is so pretty. Love your white Bleeding heart. Haven't seen a prettier double Narcissus than yours too. Nice combination putting the white and pale yellow together. I love that shade of yellow.

• Full_Bloom
    15 years ago

Norma...everything is gorgeous! I know you hide your light under a bushel basket! :-) You need to share more. You have quite a designers eye; I think! I've always loved your pond area (in every season) and that redbud and dogwood blooming...that is *so* beautiful and brings back many fond memories of visiting mom & dad in Tennessee in spring. Love the black and white scheme and your daffs are gorgeous. And so enjoyed seeing the bleeding hearts too, they have been a favorite of mine ever since I was a little girl.

Anyway...thanks for sharing Norma. It really is a treat!

Ei

• anitamo
    15 years ago

I don't know how I missed these gorgeous photos. WOW! You have so much blooming already, everything looks so healthy. How old is that red bleeding heart? Looking forward to seeing what summer looks like at Triple Creek.

• triple_creek
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Ei.

pm2, That is a Bloodgood JM. It looked so bad all last year after being damaged by the late freeze. I thought I would probably lose it, but it looks great this year except for some small dead limbs in the top that I couldn't reach to prune. I really would like another somewhere else in the garden but haven't figured out a spot.

anitamo, That bleeding heart is only a year old, well maybe a year and a half, but it sure likes that location.
    I didn't realise that I planted a red azalea there too, and they clash badly. I can't decide what to do because I wanted the evergreen foilage of the azalea . Guess I need to swap out the azalea for a pink or white one.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Norma..we have a Bloodgood as well and I do enjoy it. Have had it looking like swiss cheese for three years running due to the dreaded winter moth caterpillars that are new to our area. They start eating the leaves just as they are opening and make quite a mess. This year so far, it is actually looking like there is less of a problem, or they are late. Keeping my fingers crossed there are less.

You have such a nice large property. I love trees and would love to plant more if I had the room. There are so many different JMaples, I would be tempted to get a few varieties. :-)

pm2