dodgerdudette
14 years ago

Taken this week-enjoy !

Kathy in Napa

Here is a link that might be useful: Roses in Napa

Comments (11)

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

It looks like your rose garden is building up a good head of steam now, Kathy. You have a number of roses that have been on my wish list for quite awhile. Sombrueil and Souviner de Maimaison are two of my favorites. Tuscan Sun, Brass Band, Abraham Darby...what colors. I have that Golden Celebration. I saw one photo of a yellow bloom facing down without a name and I think it must have been Golden Celebration because my blooms are always hanging down. I love the buds on Fair Bianca and Mary Rose. Which is the most fragrant so far? What a lucky duck you are!! Not that they just 'appear' in your garden. I know they have to be a lot of work, so enjoy every minute! :-) They are all exquisite! Sorry to hear about 90 degree temperatures already.

pm2

• ctlavluvr
    14 years ago

What a glorious sight to behold on a rainy CT morning! Thanks so much for this, Kathy.

Mart

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

It must smell heavenly there! But you need to back up and show us what is around the roses.... :-)

• saucydog
    14 years ago

I love them all! I do like the peachy-pinks best, though :)

You are mastering your camera - and how fun that must be with such beautiful subjects.

I agree with Woody - we need a little virtual WALAT in your garden.

Saucy

• deanneart
    14 years ago

Kathy! your roses are just gorgeous! I'm so jealous, I just can't grow them well here. I get a few but nothing like this. Beautiful photos.

Deanne

PS do you have any more pics of that lovely small flowered yellow rose?

• chloehoover
    14 years ago

Lovely loverly Spring treat, Kathy -- and you're doing wonders w/ your camera -- to even see the veining in the roses; I can almost smell them!! Thanks for sharing.

-cindy

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

Kathy, your roses are gorgeous. They remind me of my sister's in Idaho. Her house is bordered by lovely tea roses. I am almost throwing in the towel on roses at this place. I can't even succeed with wild ones! I have attempted various varieties, and on both own-root and grafted. None succeed.
    I wish I could smell yours. :-)

Marian

• triple_creek
    14 years ago

Kathy, they are beauties. You are the rose Queen. I can only enjoy my knock outs, before and after the Japanese beatles that is. The beatles only arrived here last summer but I'm sure they will be back.

Norma

• Lara Noles
    14 years ago

Kathy, what a beautiful collection of roses you have. I saw a few that I've tried (and killed) in the past. You most definitely have the touch. I really enjoyed seeing all of your pretties! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Eden

• dodgerdudette
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone for such nice comments- I am really enjoying photographing the roses and hope to get a macro lens someday !

Deanne, are you inquireing about a rose in this slideshow or another I've posted before ? I have numerous pics of Lady Banks which is a small yellow rose, but I did not include here. I have several yellow roses, but most are 'full size' so to speak !

Saucy and Woody, I will try to get some photos that show the roses as garden features- I have not experimented much much with these types of shots yet (still on auto settings, lol) but I took a bunch on my lunch hour today and will see how they look later..

LOL Norma, Beatles/Beetles ! Are we children of the 60's or what ! I was pretty excited to see J. beetles in action at IU6 last summer (we don't have them here) and was horrified and fascinated at the same time.

Marian. I think deer are very fond of roses.. You may envy my roses but I envy your wonderful shrubs and trees !

PM, my most fragrant roses so far are Reinne des Violettes, Bolero , and Madame Issac..

Thanks again.. I confess that I have numerous that have yet to open. I'm afraid it's going to be But Wait, Theres More !

Kathy in Napa

• michelle_zone4
    14 years ago

Wow, Kathy what a lovely collection of roses. I too would like to see some further away pictures.

Michelle

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!