{{gwi:156797}}

{{gwi:156798}}

{{gwi:156800}}

{{gwi:156802}}

{{gwi:156803}}

{{gwi:156804}}

Pink ribbon day:

{{gwi:156805}}

We take a leisurely drive back to Edmonton...

{{gwi:156806}}

{{gwi:156807}}

{{gwi:156808}}

{{gwi:156809}}

These fellows found us most interesting and came closer and closer. :)

Comments (11)

• chelone
    14 years ago

There's the pink ribbon! :)

Amazing what water, ice, and rock on rock erosion can create for us, isn't it? I'm always amazed by the beauty such a slow and relentless process leaves behind. I always think of Japanese gardens when I see the craggy edges, junipers, and roots coursing expanses of bare rock to find their way to soil.

I like the curious posse, too. The horse on the left in the last shot has dun coloration. It's one of the most ancient coat patterns on horses and frequently you can see traces of stripes on the legs if you look closely. It's seen more in ponies nowadays and usually in the breeds that are most ancient and haven't been bred to death to "improve" type. Doesn't he present a handsome picture of monochromatic beauty? did you get to pat them?

The decaying barn made me sort of sad, though. I always think of how hard someone worked to build it and how proud they must've been when it was completed... what would they think now?

• deanneart
    14 years ago

What an extraordinary place Marie, and you are so slim!!!! you look fabu-fabu! Thanks for sharing these lovely photos.

Deanne

• gardeningmary
    14 years ago

I get vertigo just looking at those pictures of the canyon but well appreciate the beauty and love the wildlife and horses. What a happy trip it must have been with the wonderful news you received, perfectly reflected in your smiling faces. I was thinking what a nice chicken coop the barn would make with just a little bit of fixing up.....

Mary

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

Great pictures! I only passed through Jasper once; what I most remember is the traffic being stopped several times on the Jasper-Banff highway by flocks of those sheep wandering out on the road. I didn't get to see any of the spectacular eroded rock formations that you posted there - or the horses in the fields. I would have enjoyed those, so thank you for the pictures!

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

Beautiful shots Marie, theres nothing quite like the high country places of our continent is there? The horses are wonderful ! Thanks for taking the time to post these ..

Kathy in Napa

• triple_creek
    14 years ago

Bug thanks so much for sharing these. I love the ruggedness of the rocks and mountains. Enjoyed the horses to of course. It looks really cold there though. Norma

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

Another great group of photos. DD and I were very interested in the horses. I imagine that was on someone's property. I love their colors. The seventh photo from the bottom, caught my eye, such pretty lines in that mountainside. Enjoyed the trip! :-)

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

I enjoyed all these pics ,too. The Magic Canyon, the Big Horns,the mountains,the lake, the duck, the Raven, the old barn, the horses....and ...oh yes, that pleasant looking couple! :-)

• veronicastrum
    14 years ago

I'll have to add the Magic Canyon to my list of places to visit - looks wonderful.

Thanks for sharing!

V.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Maligne canyon....is pretty 'magical' though. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Parks Canada

• michelle_zone4
    14 years ago

Wow, what incredible scenery and you have captured it beautifully. You saw so many interesting but different things. Thanks

Michelle

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living