Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Friends: doggies, flowers, birds, and more

gardenbug
16 years ago

Perfect weather yesterday for a get together! What a fine time we had. The dogs checked each other out and then all was calm. We walked along the lake shore where we also got to peek at gardens. We also got to inspect the trillium woods on the first day of bloom. On the way back we spied the best Katsura tree in the area! WOW! And then it was back for yummy food.

Enjoy!

{{gwi:157576}}

{{gwi:157577}}

{{gwi:157578}}

{{gwi:157579}}

{{gwi:157581}}

{{gwi:157583}}

{{gwi:157585}}

{{gwi:157587}}

{{gwi:157589}}

{{gwi:157590}}

{{gwi:157591}}

{{gwi:157592}}

{{gwi:157593}}

{{gwi:157594}}

{{gwi:157595}}

Comments (18)

• chelone
    16 years ago

Oh, WOW!

It's hard for me to believe that that's a LAKE, not saltwater. One of my dreams is to cruise the Great Lakes in a sailboat. Such a fascinating area.

Thanks for posting those, 'bug. But, where are the dinner table shots, girlfriend?? you must learn to keep your priorities straight... ;)

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    16 years ago

Hi Chelone  DH and I didnÂt think to take any dinner pictures. IÂm not sure if gb did or not. All thatÂs left of dinner is enough leftovers for snacking on tonight and this amount of dessert (which vanishing as I typeÂ:- )::

{{gwi:157630}}

DH and I took the easy route  we ordered take-out from the nearby excellent Indian restaurant. All we did was toast some papadums to start and add dessert and DHÂs fresh-roasted coffee to the end of the meal.

BTW IÂve been following with sympathy and interest your recent trials regarding your motherÂs care. Give Âem he--! I look forward to watching the progress on your garage project.

• chelone
    16 years ago

mmmm... I'd be all over lemon pudding for breakfast, too, Woody. :)

Maybe you'll share a shot of finished shed sometime soon? I'd love to see it. I'm horrified at the scale of the destruction required to construct the structure. I looked at the native wildflowers yesterday and actually cried at the what would happen to their home. Doesn't matter that we've dug and moved ferns and wildflowers, the fact is, the whole area that is now "wild" is going to be erased... at our command.

Sigh. I know you will understand.

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

Thank you so much for posing these 'bug,very enjoyable. It's so interesting to me to see what spring holds for others..
    Kathy in Napa

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This doesn't happen often, so enjoy it!

{{gwi:157632}}

• littlegardenbug
    16 years ago

That cat looks EXACTLY like Spencer did except that he was scared of the out of doors!

Great pictures - especially of the 2 of you!

-s

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

Its looks like a fun day. I love the Great Lakes and envy those that live near them. What a nice picture of the 2 of you.

Hi to littlegardenbug, good luck with your new garden and the new little one too.

Michelle

• Marian_2
    16 years ago

Marie...I love all these pictures ! Great job, and a wonderful time for all, including Misty and Charlotte. :-)

( LOL..."littlegardenbug" . ) We are all looking forward to little garden bug #3 ! :-)

• chelone
    16 years ago

I am blown away by all the Trillium! Yowza. What's the scoop with that plant? I never see them in the woods around here; do they prefer more basic soils, what? We have tons of the little trout lilies here, "on the compound"... I just love them. Breaks my heart so many will be wiped off the face of the earth when the destruction begins... :(

"LilGB", I have a cat named Spencer, too, but he's grey and white. Another person looking forward an EVENlittlergardenbug. Can you still see your shoes? :)

• littlegardenbug
    16 years ago

The new garden is comming along - thanks for asking. The hardest part - the plan of what to do, is working itself out - all I have to do now is get DH home so that we can put it into action! We've started with some plants.

As for the new addition... GB, LilGB, and Even Littler GB? OR is Mini better?!?!!!

I wonder if trillium may work in the shady area of our garden... I'll figure that out this summer.

• chelone
    16 years ago

You are Littlegardenbug, but you will be henceforthe abbreviated as LilGB in my mind. ;) As a child of the '70s, the term, "mini" is still overused... . Personally, "Even Littler" is preferable, could be shortened to ELGB, or maybe not. I'll defer (grudgingly).

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Micro GB? BabyBug? Itty Bitty Bug?

• Marian_2
    16 years ago

I like " Itty Bitty Bug" . :-)

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

GB

What wonderful photos - the trilliums are unbelievable. They are all a treat but the family shot is particularly special and captures both of you perfectly!

Woody - your dessert looks delicious and I remember your DH's freshly roasted coffee mmmmmmmmmmm!! In our house Indian food is one leftover that magically disappears. Just recently I saw Annie putting spicy Chicken Makahani on a bagel for breakfast.

Hi Littlegardenbug and welcome! Now you've dipped your toe in the water perhaps you'll come visit when time allows. I imagine life is very hectic right now.

Mary

• chelone
    16 years ago

Another vote for Ittybittybug. ;)

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

Ittybittybug is just too cute.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Today is the first day for Serviceberry trees and shrubs here. Also the first hummingbirds and indigo buntings!

{{gwi:157634}}

{{gwi:157635}}

Did you know that when Serviceberries bloom it means that the preacher can come and perform services? The earth has warmed up and the dead can be buried now and the couples can be married too.

• chelone
    16 years ago

I didn't know that, but I do now! and that's just the sort of trivia I like so very much! :) I will now look upon our new Amelanchier with different eyes. (Eyes that are something less than wowed by this year's bloom, frankly. I KNOW my immediate reaction is unfair).