Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Sun Shines Bright, Deep in the Heart of Texas

Posted by drema_dianne z6OH (My Page) on
Thu, May 13, 10 at 10:04

We went to San Antonio for Skip's Marine Corps Reunion last week, and I thought you might like to see pictures. It was fun.

First, River Walk. Wish you could smell the BBQ cooking all along the river. We ate right outside the cafe.

Then we traveled over to San Marcos, ate lunch at this interesting place.

Moving on to a little town with interesting shops- They sold a lot of used items, this one had broken in cowboy boots.

Nice sculptures at this shop

Went to a Honky Tonk and heard this ragtime band. Very good music.

And I'll finish it up with a pic of the Winery

Hope you enjoyed the trip, and if anyone can tell me why Photobucket no longer auto resizes the pics, I'd appreciate it.

Drema

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Sun Shines Bright, Deep in the Heart of Texas

San Antonio looks like a very interesting and fun place to visit. Garden Smart had a show on the River Walk about a week ago. Thanks for taking us along.

o

Looks like a lot of fun Drema, thanks for sharing your trip!
Deanne

o

Definitly a different-looking plance than here :-) I thought the first picture looked very oriental! Sounds like a fun little holiday.

o

Drema, I have always wanted to go there. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Sounds like you had a good time.

Norma

o

Nice photos Drema..it's been year since I've been in SA..that Riverwalk has been copied in many cities , including mine !

Kathy in Napa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here