Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_zone4

Discovering the farm

michelle_zone4
15 years ago

Kenzie had a great time exploring the farm. Grandpa gave us a ride on the trailer behind the 4 wheeler, we checked out the big tires on the the tractor and discovered that there are 12 tires, we smelled all the tulips, picked wildflowers, watched the baby geese swim, walked through the "forest" and found pheasant feathers, which store nicely in the front pocket of our "farmer jeans".

{{gwi:158127}}
{{gwi:158128}}

{{gwi:158129}}
{{gwi:158131}}

{{gwi:158133}}

{{gwi:158135}}

Comments (15)

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Michelle, what a large farm that must be. Is it an operating farm and if so, what is grown there? She looks so small next to that tractor. Love her pigtails and the cute watering can! I see there are already little baby goslings. Thanks for sharing your photos and I hope you will post more as the season moves along.

pm2

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    15 years ago

Oh to be a kid on a farm again....! Great pictures; I wish I could have come on the tour too :-)

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

I could do without the Canada Geese...but the rest is perfect!
    I need grandkids at our place and not so far away!!!!!

• chelone
    15 years ago

What a fabulous place for little girl to explore. A "profitable" way to spend your weekend, indeed, Michelle. :)

I was thinking, looking at your pictures, that it would be fun to be a little kid again, for a day. How exciting it must be to discover so many new things each and every day.

• saucydog
    15 years ago

Really fun! I wish I were exploring, too!

Thanks for the trip :)

Saucy

• Jerri_OKC
    15 years ago

That does look like a lot of fun! We should have a farm
    IU some day! :) Thanks for sharing your day.

Jerri

• deanneart
    15 years ago

Oh Brilliant photos Michelle! You've really captured the sense of exploration and wonder on her face. Love this thread. Thanks for sharing.

Deanne

• anitamo
    15 years ago

Kenzie is one lucky girl to be experiencing life in such a pure form. Love the photos. You could see the awe in her eyes.

For some reasons, huge tires, like on the tractor, have always scared me. LOL. My grandmother had a working farm, and I always stayed clear of the tractors.

• michelle_zone4
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kenzie is so very observant. She notices everything and hears everything.

Bug, the canadian geese aren't really a bother to us as they will move farther north soon. Jaden nearly eliminated one of the goslings. We were walking on Sunday and she ran down by the creek and came back up to the path with one in her mouth. I told her to drop it and she did. It didn't seem any worse for the wear.

PM2, we grow corn and soybeans.

Michelle

• just_t
    15 years ago

Michelle, what wonderful photos!! Kenzie has grown up so much.

T.

• gardeningmary
    15 years ago

Michelle - what a wonderful way to grow up and learn about the world - you can feel her joy. Beautiful pictures as well.

Mary

• Lara Noles
    15 years ago

Well hello Kenzie! Michelle she's growing fast. She looks so tall and so pretty. Looks like she's having a fun day on the farm. What a great place for a little one to be able to run free and explore nature!

Eden

• Full_Bloom
    15 years ago

Michelle...what a precious pic of Kenzie! The glee on her face...what is she seeing up there? :-) Well, all the pics are perfect and what special moments and memories you are making with her. I can't help but think what fun she will have later, when she becomes a woman, looking back at all these pics....I can just imagine the smiles. She looks positively *tiny* next to the tractor(?).

I really enjoyed all the pics of the farm and equipment...something I never get to see here! :-) The tulip shot is very artsy and beautiful too. And how neat to have a pond/creek on your property. I would love that!

Thanks for sharing such wonderful moments with us!

Ei

• chloehoover
    15 years ago

I love discovering the farm too, Michelle! What a wonder - and I do agree, Kenzie's joy is evident in the photos - you did a great job of capturing it!! I can see how Rick would love working the farm.

Cindy

• cynthia_gw
    15 years ago

That first picture is the way we all look in spring, right ?!? Pretty little Kenzie is not so little anymore and definitely a nature girl with her stick, pinecone and wildflower bouquet. :) Thanks for sharing those Michelle, they make me smile.