Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Early Clematis in the Rain

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Thu, May 28, 09 at 12:23

I've been chased indoors by thunder and lightning...
Markham's Pink

Blue Bird
Blue Dancer

Helsingborg

A White mystery, returning from near death by rabbit.

Macropetala Species

Purple Spider

There are a few more, but rain ended my adventure out there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Early Clematis in the Rain

Is this the year that the clematises on the veggie garden arbour should be really taking off and producing a massive show? I've been looking forward to that ever since you built that.... By the looks of what you've posted above, your clematises are in fine form already! So don't forget to post shots of the arbour ones when they peak....

o

Wow, everything is looking fabulous Bug! Wonderful different clematis. Love it all!
Deanne

o

Marie you have such lovely clems. Now if mine on the TV antenna pole was that kind, I could see it's 'face' . :-)
Of these pics Markham's Pink and Bluebird are my favorites.

o

Just lovely. You have such a nice variety.

o

Helsingborg is very pretty and I wonder if Purple Spider opens more fully. You must get your exercise just walking around the whole garden. :-)

o

Always love seeing your clematis Marie. Bluebird is one of my favorites. Mine finally started taking off this year, year 3 in my garden for it. I really like the Purple Spider too.

Eden

o

These are likely a harbinger of the rest of them to come from your garden, Marie -- just lovely. You've inspired many of us -- I too planted Constance & Bluebird this year and am hoping for a magnificent showing in a couple more years - like yours. Can't wait to see the rest of them! Thanks for sharing.

-Cindy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here