Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dodgerdudette

Agaves anyone ? Ruth Bancroft Garden visit..

dodgerdudette
14 years ago

Come along with me to this cool garden- I have put captions on some of the photos , but wish I'd gotten more names !

You can see the captions by clicking on 'show captions' on the controls on the bottom. If it says 'hide captions' the captions will show ..hope you enjoy !

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden slideshow

Comments (13)

• gardenbug
    14 years ago

Really beautiful shots...and plants too.

I'm reminded of a garden near the UCLA campus where I spent time in the Fall of 1964.

• denisez10
    14 years ago

Umm....Ms. Stoner? For me, your slideshow is password-protected. Glad you had a nice, sunny outing at the Bancroft garden after all that rain last weekend. I can't seem to stop garden hopping this spring either -- three yesterday in West Hollywood plus one southward in Capistrano Beach, but forgot my camera this time!

• saucydog
    14 years ago

Hmm, I got the full show :)

I loved it! For some reason I think I've seen this garden featured on a show - maybe Victory Garden?

Sarah got an aeonium yesterday, and myself got an echeveria....they just look right at home with the agaves that I got last year :)

Thanks for bringing us along!

Saucy

• triple_creek
    14 years ago

The variety is amazing Kathy. I really like them all. Thanks for sharing. Norma

• denisez10
    14 years ago

Reopening the browswer window did the trick. Fantastic!

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

Interesting... but I prefer your rose garden!

• michelle_zone4
    14 years ago

Lots of cool plants - thanks! I too have seen this garden on some gardening show.

• Lara Noles
    14 years ago

So many cool plants! Great job on the photography too Kathy. After viewing this I feel the need to add to my agave collection. Thanks for taking us along.

Eden

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

I would like to see all these 'in person'. They are very interesting, and sort of remind me of the one month that I spent in Arizona, when I was 20. I doubt if any of them are hardy here, but I do have a few small specimens in my house plant collection.
    Thank you for the slide show. It is a great way of showing a lot of pics.

• chloehoover
    14 years ago

O me o my.... such an amazing place and cool plants -- I was particularly enamored of that group combo of "blues" -- and maybe what might have been an aloe attenuata of some sort that had blue on top ? Simply incredible!!!

Your photography 'tain't bad either! I thought they were all terrific. I guess Deanne has to give us lessons on how to be more of a perfectionist in choice of photos --

Thanks soooo much for sharing w/ us, Kathy.

--cindy

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

Kathy, great slideshow!

My favorites...

Agave parryii
    Aloe striata
    bark on the Eucalyptus 'Ghost gum'
    agave w the asaparagus spikes
    close up with leaf tracings on the stems
    agave mediopicta
    grouping that you liked with a variegated and a purple agave [gorgeous]

I think my favorite photo was of the neomexicana with the cactus.

Some of your close ups looked like I could reach out and touch them. Great job!!

• dodgerdudette
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone for the nice comments-- It was sure fun taking all these photos .

Cindy I wish I had written down all the names -this garden has everything nicely tagged . This slideshow was only about a third of the pics I took !

LOL Woody, if I had to make a choice the roses would be number one, but I love my cactus and succulents too !

Kathy

• veronicastrum
    14 years ago

Great photos! I want to look again when I can savor the photos more.

V.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction