Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

The Nana Thread - May 2011

gardenbug
12 years ago

Ivy (2 this week) is learning her birds. She can name these from her back yard. Can you?

{{gwi:159049}}

{{gwi:159051}}

{{gwi:159052}}

Comments (7)

• Lara Noles
    12 years ago

Well, let's just say Ivy's a better birder than me! Their minds amaze me at that age. The learn so much and so fast!

I've got a couple of Julia to share from the weekend. In the first one she's bundled up a bit for a walk to the park over the weekend. And her bottle's not really THAT big! In the other she's wearing the "Little Lady" outfit she finally fits in that I got back at Valentines Day.

Hard to believe that she'll be six months old in 10 days!

{{gwi:159054}}

{{gwi:159055}}

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Six months! Oh my....
    We have an eight month old now and he is saying Mamamama these days and idolizing his big sister. Yeah Leo Spencer!

Today is Ivy Rayne's second birthday. This is how her party went at Easter time with her half brother.
    {{gwi:159058}}

But wrapping paper is the best!
    {{gwi:159060}}

Today she celebrated by going to her 2 year checkup. Mum skipped off work to go to Ivy's DR appt and eat lunch. She was such a happy girl.. They played giant Lego in the Dr's office for about an hour and she had a blast (yes he was running that late). Ivy is healthy as a horse, complete with scrapes and bruises...

Weight: 25lbs (about 50% for WHO charts - up from 3rd % at 1yr!)
    Height: 34.5" (about 75% for WHO charts)
    Weight for height: about 35-40% - in other words, middlin' skinny... but she's FAT compared to what she used to be!!!
    Oh, and the height estimate is 5'7" - She'll be shorter than Sarah!

And then they went out and ate Carribean food at a hole-in-the-wall restaurant and it was delicious (though spicy).

Tomorrow Daddy and daughter start gymnastics classes. Mom has a VERY busy day of work, then soccer coach for Skyler's team, then over to gymnastics to pick up Leo, then dinner out and off to her hockey game after that. Oyyy. Then work the next morning...

• flowerluvr
    12 years ago

Ivy has me beat, Bug. I'm a terrible birder. Two years old, already and just keeps getting more adorable! So, how does she like gymnastics?

LOL! That bottle picture is a great optical illusion, Laura! My goodness, she's got big, beautiful eyes :)

In keeping with Ivy playing with paper....
    {{gwi:159062}}
    Shortly after this was taken, Mommy finally broke down and let him have a haircut ;)

• chelone
    12 years ago

I can almost smell it from here.

Pudgy and clearly ready to "shoot up" they look OK to me. But do they know how to, "sit", "stay"?? OH yeah... they're too under-developed to comprehend something so simple. ;)

I've given lots of latitude. Use it wisely!

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Still May, right?
    Leo at 9 months...
    {{gwi:159064}}

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ivy was the youngest in the gymnastics class Brenda, so they decided to wait a while for that and maybe work on swimming with her in the meantime.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Skyler and Ivy at the pirate ship on the fair grounds.

{{gwi:159066}}