Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

A Walk-about with Phoebe

gardenbug
15 years ago

This afternoon I was going to do a lesson with Ms Phoebe who has been a rascal lately, up to plenty of mischief. I put her on a leash with her choke collar. She pranced outdoors and checked her bowl by the tree to see if any food might be left.

{{gwi:159209}}

She turned around to look at me and said "But Mom, I don't want a lesson, I want to PLAY!"

{{gwi:159211}}

Well, it is very hot and muggy out, so I relented. We went to look at the new bird DH bought for me yesterday. It looks out over the pond.

{{gwi:159212}}

Well then of course she wanted a drink in the poind so ran off to do that.

{{gwi:159217}}

I called her back and she actually came!

{{gwi:159220}}

We looked at a few flowers together.

{{gwi:159221}}
{{gwi:159222}}
{{gwi:159223}}

She thought that was boring, so played with her favourite toy, an empty bottle that makes lots of noise when you kick it about.

{{gwi:159224}}

"So Mom, what's next? I'd really like to walk to the creek!"

{{gwi:159225}}

While I was studying flowers,

{{gwi:159226}}

Phoebe showed off her trick that DH taught her, jumping up on the well lid.

{{gwi:159227}}

{{gwi:159228}}

"Come ON, let's go!"

OK. So down in the flats by the creek I studied the primulas and camassia and so on.

{{gwi:159230}}

{{gwi:159231}}

I heard her in the water and called to her to come. Hmmm, busy Mom, later! Then a yelp! Then a mad dash and a "You can't catch me" game. What's that about??? So I see that she has something in her mouth. I step on her leash and stop the running to check it out. Amazing, she caught a little fish! (Charlotte our former dog never caught one!)

Back indoors out of the sun for a snack and a rest.

Comments (14)

• Jerri_OKC
    15 years ago

I had a wonderful time on your walk! Your place is just beautiful. :) Phoebe is such a good hunter to catch fish!
    Tell her I love her well jump trick too. Thank you for inviting us alone.

Jerri

• cynthia_gw
    15 years ago

Phoebe you are the Queen of Bugland, (or Fishland). Good girl catching your own snack. Your Mama is lucky to have you to keep her on her toes :)

'bug I like the metal sculpture. I think you said on the idyll thread it was a gift and you're not too sure about it. I think it's quite cool! I want one for my spruce stump. (Must have small feet for small stump, or could be one-legged.)

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Gardenbug, that Phoebe is so CUTE!! I can't believe she caught a fish! lol I don't think that is so easy to do. She has to have really fast reflexes. What a life of Riley she has. Your DH is funny teaching her to jump up on the well cover. She looks so pleased with herself. Such a lucky dog. Thanks for the walk...it was fun. Country living...ahhh...! Sounds so Ideal. :-)

pm2

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    15 years ago

Clever Phoebe! Good dog...! Misty says she'll teach Phoebe to snack on baby bunnies like she (Misty) does....

• denisez10
    15 years ago

Woody, say it isn't so! That Phoebe is so full of juice, what a little minx. We need a weekly series, Phoebe and the Farm. And love that trollius!

• veronicastrum
    15 years ago

Phoebe is growing up! what a lovely walk and a fun time. You have a great eye for composing photos (and combining plants).

V.

• saucydog
    15 years ago

What a wonderful walk and a wonderful story! Pheobles is such a "good-fish-catchin-girl"....tell her I said so :)

I want to stroll with you two....

Saucy

• anitamo
    15 years ago

You are a great storyteller, gardenbug. Phoebe is growing up fast! Thanks for the lovely walk and beautiful pictures.

• deanneart
    15 years ago

What a face on that puppy!!!!! She is so full of life and mischief its amazing her body can contain it all.

Your gardens are looking marvelous, marvelous. I think one of my favorite things are your candelabra primula. Gorgeous

Deanne

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Marie, I enjoy your walks. Cute pup, and lovely flowers. Great commentary.

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

Phoebe looks to be full of vim and vigor! She is adorable and your garden is looking lovely, so green and lush.

Michelle

• triple_creek
    15 years ago

Fun walk Bug. So funny that Pheobe caught a fish. I 've never seen a dog do that.
    I must do that tulip heuchera combo next year. Norma

• ctlavluvr
    15 years ago

Thanks for taking us along! Good girl, Phoebe!!

Martie

• chloehoover
    15 years ago

What a hoot -- that Phoebe is a fun little gal! I just love her portrait with those big soulful eyes - however can you resist? And too funny about being a fisherman - or getting her own snack, LOL...

Thanks for being so inventive, Gardenbug -- and the gardens are looking wonderful!

Cindy

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA