Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

A Walk-about with Phoebe

gardenbug
15 years ago

This afternoon I was going to do a lesson with Ms Phoebe who has been a rascal lately, up to plenty of mischief. I put her on a leash with her choke collar. She pranced outdoors and checked her bowl by the tree to see if any food might be left.

{{gwi:159209}}

She turned around to look at me and said "But Mom, I don't want a lesson, I want to PLAY!"

{{gwi:159211}}

Well, it is very hot and muggy out, so I relented. We went to look at the new bird DH bought for me yesterday. It looks out over the pond.

{{gwi:159212}}

Well then of course she wanted a drink in the poind so ran off to do that.

{{gwi:159217}}

I called her back and she actually came!

{{gwi:159220}}

We looked at a few flowers together.

{{gwi:159221}}
{{gwi:159222}}
{{gwi:159223}}

She thought that was boring, so played with her favourite toy, an empty bottle that makes lots of noise when you kick it about.

{{gwi:159224}}

"So Mom, what's next? I'd really like to walk to the creek!"

{{gwi:159225}}

While I was studying flowers,

{{gwi:159226}}

Phoebe showed off her trick that DH taught her, jumping up on the well lid.

{{gwi:159227}}

{{gwi:159228}}

"Come ON, let's go!"

OK. So down in the flats by the creek I studied the primulas and camassia and so on.

{{gwi:159230}}

{{gwi:159231}}

I heard her in the water and called to her to come. Hmmm, busy Mom, later! Then a yelp! Then a mad dash and a "You can't catch me" game. What's that about??? So I see that she has something in her mouth. I step on her leash and stop the running to check it out. Amazing, she caught a little fish! (Charlotte our former dog never caught one!)

Back indoors out of the sun for a snack and a rest.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!