{{gwi:159576}}

{{gwi:159578}}

{{gwi:159580}}

Off to see what everyone's up to ...

Martie

Comments (13)

• Lara Noles
    15 years ago

Martie, the park is looking, well, very park like. Especially the first picture with all of that beautiful green grass. Things are really coming together this year. Very, very nice. And I see the strawberries have blooms too! I like the design of the walkway and hope to see pictures of those containers full of plants soon.

Eden

• saucydog
    15 years ago

Wow! Things sure do change quick. It's so nice to see the greening up of Spring!

I'm enjoying watching the progression of the seasons....keep up the good work!

Saucy

• triple_creek
    15 years ago

I see why you dubbed it "The Park". You have really been busy. The first shot doesn't need any description.
    I really like your walkways and can't wait to see all those plants leap into action. The strawberries already have. I can taste the strawberry shortcake. Norma

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Green green green! And those strawberries are such lush plants already! YUMMMMMM. Have you used your chives yet with new potatoes or are they for blooms only? I see your lavender has started to burst forth too. Oh spring is so much fun!

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

What a lovely stroll through the park. Things are really coming together for you this year. I look forward to seeing more.

• chelone
    15 years ago

I just love this time of year. I was thinking of you observation of how many shades of green there can be if you really LOOK.

Very peaceful and very pretty... I think you need some sheep to complete the picture and keep the lawn in check. Baa-aa...

• ctlavluvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL the sheep. The lawn is totally Rich's. I'd be happy with lots of different groundcover :-) He's done it organically since we're very close to wetlands, and I must say that I've never appreciated grass more.

Yes, things are starting to look like they have a semblance of order. It's been a hoot to look at the first polaroid shots of the house we took during our first viewing. All musty shrubs with a few bulbs here and there. A lot of work, but so much FUN!

Chives have been in use for a month. Strained yogurt with fresh chives on good bread, snippets in salad, you name it. Ditto lemon thyme .... New potatoes will be in early July and it's a tradition as it should be.

So nice to share with a group who recognizes what they're seeing. LOL

Martie

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Martie...What a happy start you must have each day, being able to head out to the porch with coffee and look out over your Park. Don't know where the name 'The Park' originated, but it certainly fits. I love your Arborvitae, do you know which variety they are? Your lawn is so nice and green. Who ever put that walkway in, did a nice job. I like the gray edging. Those are the healthiest strawberry plants I have seen in a long time with nice large clump of Lavender behind it. Which rose is that behind the strawberries and is that a Dianthus in front of it? What type of weeping tree is that, a cherry? Viburnum carlesii? They look like my buds that are just opening...love their fragrance. No pots started here yet either.

This is so great to have threads from everyone's garden. Feel like I have been taking garden tours this morning. Almost as fun as an in person visit.

Thanks Martie! Can't wait to see the progression of the season and waiting to see your rows of Campanula clip series when they are in bloom.

:-) pm2

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Martie, Woody grows Orange Thyme and that was a real treat too in the scent department. Maybe you should try to find some to enjoy!

• anitamo
    15 years ago

martie...everything is coming along beautifully. What a great view you have from the deck. A perfect spot for a book and cup of coffee in the morning, or anytime. Looking forward to seeing everything progress.

• deanneart
    15 years ago

Wow, everything is looking so lush and lovely. Great photos Martie!

• Full_Bloom
    15 years ago

Sorry I'm so late to get here Martie. I can see why you call it "The Park" out front...it *is* beautiful, big, & park like! My husband would be green if he saw your lawn....Scout too...LOL! :-) You've done a wonderful job of planting. Is that a weeping pussywillow standard out front? I've always wanted to try one of those. Your paths are great and so professional looking. I'm impressed with how level and perfect they look. Lovely containers too....have you decided where you're going to put them and what you'll plant in them? Hope you'll include shots when you do. Thanks for the lovely tour!

Ei

• Full_Bloom
    15 years ago

Silly me! *Now* I realize those close ups were also of the weeping standard you have and I can see it's not pussy willow...LOL! Is that a viburnum weeping standard?!? Or something else?

Ei