Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Country Outing

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Sun, May 28, 06 at 22:38

A 'few' from today's outing:

Friends' house with funky walkway being built. They've done everything in only one year.

Plants galore...

Cat tails?

Archway

Path

Pond

Fuzzy plant...

Ferns and more...

A very old apple, pruned with character!

A lovely warm evening with a breeze!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Country Outing

Wow, great garden! I love all the shade plant textures and quirky structures. Thanks for taking us along, Marie.

Sue

o

One year huh? Very impressive. What an interesting garden. I'd love to see what they can do in 5 years. Thanks for the tour.

Michelle

o

Unbelievable! How beautiful... what a wonderful way to spend the day! :-) Can you give me the cultivar name of those cattails? I don't think I've ever seen that variety. :-) LOL That apple tree is so cool - I really love that! Thanks so much for sharing your outing and for making my morning! P.S. Please ask your friends what vitamins they are taking....

Ei

o

HI Marie, very cool garden. Like Michelle I wonder what it will look like in 5 years if they've done all of this in just one. I love the rustic feel of the gardens and of course the kitties too. Thanks for sharing.

Eden

o

Just to let you know, these guys are self taught landscapers. They moved into the house which hadn't been lived in for 30 years. They had no water, electricity, bathrooms, etc. They built the kitchen, 2 bathrooms (bathed outdoors!) painted, plastered, etc. They're still working on that stuff too of course. They are masters at finding cool stuff at the dump and at yard sales. They just got a BBQ for $5 the other day. You'd be amazed at how it all looks!
I'm hoping that some of those split rails you see in the background will become part of my new clematis walk...when it is no longer 96F!
They also have about 15 Borzoi dogs which they used to breed. He used to be a judge of Hounds. Of course they have about 6 cats, some finches, and he also raises doves and other interesting birds.
As to vitamins, both smoke like chimnies, he has a pacemaker, had colon cancer, migraines, you name it! But he's a great aging hippy!

o

GB
What a lovely spot and delightful gardens - so many interesting things to look at. I love the rustic arch. It must have been a great day out. Do you have pictures of the 15 Borzois?

Mary

o

Wow,they're true pioneers - w/ no modern "conveniences" -- but ones w/ lots of spirit and imagination! I love the arch too & the shady walkway -- it should be a showplace in 5 years.
Thanks for sharing, Gardenbug.

=Cindy

o

Marie, what nice combos, paths and archways. Thanks for posting them!

o

• Posted by taryn S Ontario Z6B (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 3, 06 at 0:22

Very cool seeing their vision come to life!

Taryn

o

Wow, what an interesting garden. I'd love to meet your friends. As the others have said, they have incredible energy if they've done all that in a year on top of renovating the house. I need some of that energy. They must work non-stop. The gardens are such fun and obviously well tended. I especially love the Hosta 'Orange Tabby'. LOL Thank you for the visit.
Deanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here