Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
just_t

Idyll #267 Blue Skies shining on me....

just_t
17 years ago

Here's hoping for blue skies in everyone's lives.....

Comments (100)

• gardeningmary
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Good morning

A quick peek in before leaving for our town's Memorial Day pararde where David is marching with the Cub Scouts.

I was thinking how hard it would be to loose Bruce on a holiday weekend as that day will forever be one of loss. What sadness. More thoughts will be going out to Taryn, Bruce and their families through out the day.

We're going to hit 90F today, hopefully not till after we've finished marching.

Have a great day everyone

Mary

PS DH just asked me if there were any more favorite plants I'd like him to destroy LOL!

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

:-) Are you kidding?! I'm tickled that someone would ask...

Here's the pic:

{{gwi:160263}}

According to my planting list from last year this was what was in the pot (you can't see the ornamental cabbage yet, cause it was still small - but is on the opposite side of the petunias):
    2 Black Illustris Elephant Ears (one in each pot), 2 Love Lies Bleeding (one in each pot), 2 cascading petunias 'Supertunia Bordeaux' (one in each pot) and 2 Color Up Pink Ornamental Cabbages (one in each pot).

I changed the pots this year because I'm trying 'Black Magic' in those and my Love Lies Bleeding seed failed! :-(
    I'm using my 'Illustrius' in some other pots on the back deck this year.

Marian - My head was thinking 'Evelyn', but my fingers were thinking something else. :-)

You are on my mind today Taryn...

Ei

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

Hi Mary! Have a wonderful time at the Memorial Day Parade. Paul is off on a motorcycle ride, but I would like to see our parade too...maybe I'll go alone or ask Dotty. I have all those wonderful, brave men & women on my mind this a.m. Especially poignant for me today thinking of dad, who was a veteran of World War II. I only found out when making up a flag case for my mom after dad died, that he had a purple heart! He never told us about it. Mom said dad didn't like to talk about it cause he never felt like he deserved it...."I had friends who died there, right in front of me...they were the brave ones who gave their lives for their country...I only had a schrapnel (sp.?) wound." I wish I would have known, I would have liked to talk to dad about that. Anyway, I know he knows how much I love him and how much I admire him. Well, maybe I'll go to the parade by myself if I have to and then to finish the garden. It's been hot, hot, hot here for the last two days, but glad to be able to get the plants in the ground. Have a good day all! Ei

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

Hot here today too. The paver project is progressing but not yet finished. Hopefully today. I still haven't planted a single container. Tomorrow maybe? We have to go to a barbeque later this afternoon.

Deanne, love your new garden statuary, lol.

Sue, the only advice I have on the tomatoes is to plant them deep, keep pinching out the suckers that develop in the crotches between the branches, they won't produce any fruit, and fertilize. Also set them up with some sort of cage early, they grow fast when the weather's hot.

Taryn, You and Bruce are in my thoughts and prayers today.

Eden

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

I don't know where my mind is these days (yes, I do, I'm overwhelmed with my efforts to improve my attitude). Anyway, Deanne, just reading over my post from yesterday and realize it wasn't Rahjii who was on the cover; was it? It was your other beautiful kitty. Well, Rahjii should *definitely* have the cover this year then! :-)
    Bye! Ei

• ccsuzy
    17 years ago

Also hot here today. I've been out mulching and though it is only 10:30 it's already a humid 86 degrees, we're headed for over 90.

So far this morning I uncovered a golden skink in the mulch pile (didn't hurt him, I think they are fab) and a baby toad in the rose bed. I started taking pictures but the battery on my camera died, so it's on the charger for later.

Marian I'd be so upset over not having a stove yet! What a letdown. Nothing like waiting all day and them not showing.

Deanne, your cat is adorable on that pillar. Our neighbor's cat was on top of an 8foot post this winter in our back yard, just perched there like an owl. I have a picture of him doing that.

Those paver projects are drop dead stunning. I'd love to do something like that in my yard, but without male help it would take me forever. The male partner doesn't do yard work, except for the occasional weed eating while DS mows. And if the weed eater runs out of twine, I have to refill it for him.

We have a cookout this afternoon, so I want to get a bit more work done before I have to rinse off the mud I've already accumulated. Back to the yard...

Thinking of you Taryn.

suzy

• babs_clare
    17 years ago

Taryn I'm sorry Bruce has regressed. I feel so bad for his kids right now-not that this is any easier for Gigi-it can't be. I wish her strength through this. All of them and your family as well are in my thoughts.

We are having a quiet day today as I prepare for tomorrow's interview...must find clothes to wear! I suppose I can't get away with shorts and flip flops can I? I can't believe we went from spring to summer so quickly.

Have a great holiday~thoughts of thankfulness for those who've given their lives to let us be free.

~Babs

• martieinct
    17 years ago

Now that the clay is extracted from under the fingernails and I have feeling in the tips again, wanted to drop in and say Hello! I've read along and know that many of you (((Taryn today especially))) are going through hardships that just aren't fair. You have all been in my thoughts ....

The pics of gardens are so inspiring! The bones of ours are done and planting is in full swing. Only serious casualties so far are two Rugosas that I was sure would take moving right before bloom. AAAAAAAHHHHH DUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH. Think constant watering for the next two months will bring them back. LOL

All in all, the vision is taking shape. I'm particularly pleased with the fragrance succession planning and we've had sweetness in the air for the last two months and will for three months hence. It's the little things.

Also want to publically THANK YOU SUE AND ALL for the tremendous generosity of the CT plant swap. Great example: I asked Sue for a piece of Stella D'Oro. She brought me a 12" wide mature plant that I split six ways and will never need to get another Stella again. So many unusual things and so MUCH fun. Here's hoping Idyllunion will be half the blast :-)

Much is going on personally and professionally. I've made a solemn promise to Rich that I won't devulge any delicate personal info for a while. We did have a scare with a person who I knew a very, very long time ago who found me here. It went beyond email and got scary. This is not mentioned to evoke sympathy or fear -- just Keep Yourselves Safe Out There!

WILL tell you that Kyle has been an enormous help with bull work and his Japanese foster mom's business is, of all things, the propagation of Tree Peonies!! She's thrilled that Ky knows his way around plants and sent a parasol as a Mom to Mom gift for my one really rare speciman. She has an international plant sending license so when Ky gets there he'll have pics of the gardens and she's looking forward to filling in some blanks. Yes, Gratitude brings the most Wonderful Things!!

So wish I had time to keep up daily with the goings on of the Idylls. I'll say it again, you are all in my thoughts as I trudge through Year 2 in clay :-)

Best - Martie

• veronicastrum
    17 years ago

Good evening! What a long weekend it's been. I'm too dog-tired to read all the posts, but I did scroll up to find Taryn's post about Bruce. Taryn, I hope for the best for all involved. I'll keep Bruce and his family in my prayers.

The weather has been incredibly hot. I can't believe that only two weeks ago we had a fire in the fireplace. Sunday I think I came stupidly close to heat exhaustion. I finally came in the house where it was a teeny bit cooler and almost was in tears because we put in new thermostats this winter and I couldn't figure out how to turn the A/C on! Later that evening, it was apparent that the power company was totally surprised that it was hot, because we lost power for about 3 hours and then had 30 minutes of brownouts. Yuk!

So I didn't get all that I wanted done in the garden, but I did get the pots all moved out or planted or re-planted, finished the veggie garden and did a chunk of weeding. And cleaned the house. And planted MIL's veggie garden. And had the family over for dinner. I need to go back to work to recover!

Today was the last time DD marched in the parade and played taps at the ceremony. I recorded Taps on my cell phone! Too cool! She did a great job, and looked so somber and serious with her eyes closed as she played. She told me later that she closed her eyes because of the sweat running into her eyes!

1st warning - brag ahead! We had the HS Thespian banquet Friday night and DD got the Distinguised Thespian award with a scholarship award.

2nd warning - vent ahead. So after going to MIL's at 8:00 am this morning to plant her garden (with the plants that I bought because she was too busy - "what do you want?" "Oh, you know, anything is fine." "Oh, you didn't get me any beets?") the first thing she does when she gets to my house is to look at my bay tree and tell me it looks like it needs more soil, then she looks at my garden and points out a large weed we overlooked, and then criticizes the location of the new gazebo. She's a nice woman, but there are times...

Alright, there's a load in the dishwasher to empty and more stuff to pick up, so I'd better go. I'll catch up on reading tomorrow morning when things are a little quieter.

V.

• mybrainhurts
    17 years ago

I have been thinking about all of you the last few days but this is the first time that I've had any time to even think about loading up GW and seeing what is up. I feel so bad about not coming back with a picture of that skirt once it was done. I feel bad about a lot of things but free time is very precious right now and it's hard to find internet free time lately.

I've been busy with work (still at the meat market) as well as other things. A few of the things that have eaten into my free time are things like learning about essential oils and aromatherapy, research into vitamins and the like (it's just not sinking in very well and must be read repeatedly for anything to make any sense), and being the head storyteller for my gaming group. I had no idea when I "put my money where my mouth is" that it would take up so very much of my time... but it's been very rewarding. For a couple of months at the beginning of this year, I was trying (unsuccessfully) to dodge the internet drama bullet. I was reminded once again that some people find the internet a place where they can be much more vicious in their manner of speaking since they are not face to face with the people that they are addressing. It's sad.. but having weathered the drama once more, I'm a stronger woman for it.

I'm loving my garden right now since almost all of my irises are open, many of the ones that I'd gotten from Jain are blooming away in the most gorgeous array of colors. It truely is a feast for my eyes and my soul to walk into my back yard. My containers are not anything to write home about but I hope to change that soon.

I don't know when I'll be able to come in here again but I remembered that you gals like to read the occasional "Hi, I was here" post so this would be mine.

Hello, friends. I've missed you and wish that there were a few more hours in the day. It's always lovely to come in and take a few quiet moments with each of you.

I'll share a couple of photos with you tonight but I don't really have an online album right now. (That hosting issue was a couple of months of drama all in and of itself that wasn't resolved until I pulled the authorities into the picture to recover money. *le sigh*) It's been a heck of a year so far, that's for sure.

~da, the lost child

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

Oh V! How do you do so much? I've done 6 hours of weeding and still not made it near the veg garden- which must be weeded before it gets planted, right?
    The mower is repaired. Thank goodness!
    Still plants to be planted though. And watered.

But today, although it reached 96 here, was a day to remember. EVERYTHING looks so nice and there were many surprises out there: an azalea with yellow buds, my Magnolia acuminata which I grew from a stick has buds on it, the Malus trilobata which I won at a silent auction about 6-8 years ago is blooming and reminds me of the man who ran the event at the Guelph Arboretum but who died at Christmas time of brain cancer. Henry, IT'S BLOOMING!
    Also the primulas are fantastic, the tiarella is going to town, the columbines are tall and gorgeous, the phlox is fluffy and blue...anyway, I must remember today when February comes around again.
    {{gwi:160264}}

{{gwi:160265}}

{{gwi:160266}}

Time to cool off in the bath.
    Hope the parades were all a success!
    'bug

• mybrainhurts
    17 years ago

{{gwi:160267}}

{{gwi:160268}}

{{gwi:160269}}

{{gwi:160270}}

A very very blurred picture of my little woodland garden bed
    {{gwi:160273}}

{{gwi:160274}}

Hope it wasn't too many.

Have a great week.

~da, the one in black.
    :)

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

Where did the 3 day weekend go? We picked up rocks for an hour this morning and ate breakfast at our church youth groups pancake feed. I actually got a few containers done, but realize that I have many, many more plants to go. I wonder how many containers I will end up with??? I got buzzed by the first hummer of the season. Later in the afternoon we went to Sioux Falls and picked out a new storm door for our mudroom. We went to Sams and I got this great outdoor bakers rack that I had looked at earlier in the season. The great part is it was ½ price. It will be perfect in my potting area.
    I talked to Kenzie on the phone on the way home. What fun.! She said "miss you" "how are you" "Im fine" "I love you" and "Oh my" She is really talking. Since it was so hot DD took her to the beach. She had so much fun that she cried when it was time to leave.

Da, how great to see some pictures from your garden and to hear from you. Wow, your garden is looking so good.

Marie, you are right, everything looks so lovely. When its February, you will have some great photos to remind you of spring. Although, 96 isnt very spring-like. LOL

We hit the mid-90s yesterday and for sure 86 today.

V, funny, but I made that same comment to Rick about having to go back to work to recover from the weekend. Congrats to your DD, you must be very proud, but I know also how emotional it is to experience all the "lasts" occurring in her life.

Martie, nice to have an update from you. Dont worry about the rugosas, they can take a lot. I had an interesting story about one of mine. One fall I came home to find this 4 tall rose lying on the lawn. The gophers had eaten the roots to nubs. They must have been in the way of their tunnel. I pruned the whole thing down and replanted. It survived and thrived.

Mary, sorry that your DH was so helpful ;o)

Remembering those who have served.

Michelle (wife of a Vietnam Vet)

• deanneart
    17 years ago

Good morning all,

It is going to be another gorgeous sunny, summer day here. Its difficult to believe that a couple weeks ago we had a week of 40 degree weather with torrential downpours. This week is going to be simply beautiful. The spring flowers are sort of rushing along with their blooming from the heat but the summer flowers are coming along to fill the space and things are looking just fabu in the gardens right now. All the containers I planted in the last few weeks are finally starting to show some growth and fill in and are also looking pretty nice. So I ran out of containers (can you even believe it?) so I went out to the Christmas Tree Shoppe yesterday and they have a ton of them for cheap, cheap, cheap

Sue, They have some really large, I think 24" for $29.99 do you want me to pick up a couple for you? Yes I bought two, LOL. They are in a nice ochre shade with a bit of acanthus leaf detailing on the lower edge and a geometric design above that Ill have to grab a pic later on and measure the openings for you to see exactly how big they are. I repotted my Brugmansia Charles Grimaldi in one of the biggies hoping for some really nice size from it this year. Their smaller pots are really inexpensive, $9.99 for a 14" or so and $7.99 for the next size down. Ive done a few small single plant containers this year with those Sahdow Dancer fuchsias and am enjoying using them as small accents here and there. Ive got to get Doug to rig a watering set up for the containers in the corner of the front yard and along the fence in the back as that will save quite a bit of time over the summer for me.

Michelle, I just about sprayed my screen with coffee when I read your post about your outdoor bakers rack. Well, guess what I have sitting on my back deck on the patio? Yep, that very same rack, too funny, great minds and all that. It is really nice isnt it? And even though I paid full price it still is a good price for that.
    {{gwi:160275}}

Bummer about the extreme hot temps but right now Ill take it over the cold wet we had for the beginning of this month. ~~ How cute Kenzie is talking on the phone.

Da, great to hear from you and your gardens are looking just lovely right now. Isnt it a heartwarming thing when all these friends in the garden come back to amaze us with their beauty? I just love the perennials that have been with me a long time. That patch of large hosta next to my shed have been there for fifteen years now and the peonies I got from Dougs grandmother have been here since 1979! So neat.

Bug, thanks for the pics. Your primula are just fabulous! Is that in a damp spot for them to do so well. I wish I could get them to grow well for me but I think we are just too dry here for me to ever really succeed with them like you have.

V be careful with the heat! I have to watch Doug like a hawk because he tends to get very overheated when the weather first turns hot. He doesnt think to come in out of the sun until hes about to drop. ~~ I feel your pain about the thermostats. Doug loves the new fangled things that have all this programming in them and I just want to be able to set it where I want it and change it when I need to adjust. Nope, he has to do all this fancy programming and they are never right. I have a hard time getting it set where I want it also. In fact we had a bit of a discussion about the thermostat last night as we were going to sleep. Somehow he had set the upstairs on 85 and I was dying of the heat. The room was only 82 but of course the ac wasnt turning on. He told me to go and do some deal with it and I told him I couldnt figure it out. Anyway, he had to get up and fix it and was annoyed with me. ~~ So sorry about your MIL. Dougs father is exactly the same way and is so unkind. I think it is some kind of behavior that he uses to compensate for his lack of self esteem. If he puts down everyone else around him it makes him feel better about himself. Weird.

Martie, how great to hear from you! I miss your AM posts when I get up in the morning. Glad to hear all is going OK and that your gardens are taking shape. I second Michelles opinion about the rugosa. They really are tough customers and yours should be fine. ~ How fantastic about Kyles foster moms business. Tree Peonies!

Babs, thinking of you today. Best of luck with your interview!

Suzy, Id love to see the pic of the neighbors cat on the eight foot pillar. Rahjii gets up on the top fence posts of the stockade fence on our back lot line. They really are too funny. ~~ How neat about the golden skink. I like critters like that also.

Eileen, no worries about what cat was on the cover of that book. That was in fact Luke but he understands. He said that as youve never met them in person how would you know he was the most handsome of the two of them. LOL ~~ Thanks so very much for posting the photograph of the Illustris. Your combination is really beautiful! Ill have to take a pic and show you what I did with the one you sent me. BTW how much sun does yours get? ~~ How interesting about your dad and neat that he had a purple heart. Did you finally go to the parade?

Eden! I simply cant believe you havent planted one container yet! How can that be? You are going to be in a flurry of plants, pots and potting soil when you finally get going with that project.

Mary, how was the parade and do you have pics of David marching?

Sue, ditto here with going to nurseries and not buying anything except what Im specifically looking for. The only thing I still tend to put in my cart are really nice tender things but even that Im over the top with now. HD had some fabulous 10" hangers of fuchsia this weekend that were just gorgeous and a couple of those fell into my shopping cart. Doug said I needed an intervention. LOL They also had some really gorgeous true, deep red ivy geranium for $9.99 and I bought a couple of those. I planted it with a variegated ivy and a deep red New Guinea impatient and that looks pretty nice.

Marian, I sure hope you have your new range by now!

OK Im burning daylight here and have to start my AM round of watering. Have a great day all.
    Deanne

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

Hi friends! (not guys)

It is beyond hot here. We're at 90 or so still. Just TOO much for working outdoors.

Woke up this morning to a visitor. Charlotte was really annoyed and barked loudly.
    {{gwi:160276}}

If you've never heard baby coons...well you are lucky.

Since it was too hot to do anything outside, I decided to put gas in the car for DH, also to vacuum and wash it. Inside the car looked a bit like Muesli...with nuts and various crud all over the place. It looks a bit better, but obviously needs a more powerful suction. The wash helped minimally, but was just water with no scrubbing etc...He'll not notice probably, but at least he won't be embarrassed.

Next I was off to collect some chicken wire for the arbors, some garden string, etc etc.

So I got a bunch of small nuisance errands done, but don't have energy to go tie up clematis, peonies and more. I've wilted!

The gardens are fantastic...beyond what I've ever had before. This heat has everything blooming! I must water as soon as the sun stops cooking the plants.

Here is today's favourite clematis: Omoshiro
    {{gwi:160278}}
    'Bug

• veronicastrum
    17 years ago

scuse me guys, Babs, make a little room for me in the "skimming maniacs" corner! Forthwith I will commence with a string of unrelated comments. (Yes, the heat is still bothering me)

Drema, Ive had a nutmeg scented geranium for several years now. I manage to winter it over in the house. It always looks a little pitiful right about now, but in a couple of weeks it will be gorgeous again. I love the scent of the leaves and the soft green color. By the way, Baptisia Purple Smoke is a newer cultivar on the market, so Im sure its still hard to find. I planted a second one this weekend, and I will say again that they dont look quite so impressive in their first year but once they settle in wow!

Babs, what a cute costume. Youre one clever lady! We found out Sunday night that our mosquitoes are both abundant and ruthless. I hope your interview went well today.

All you coleus junkies I bought a Sedona again this year and mine is looking like crap. (Yes, its among the many things my MIL criticized yesterday.) Im starting to wonder if perhaps there is an issue with the Sedona source material this year? I havent had these problems in the past.

Ei, I am sending positive thoughts to you on your quest to think only positive thoughts. I know exactly what you mean; this can be a tough nut to crack. Did you know it takes six weeks of doing a new behavior every day for it to become a habit? I know at the moment I have way too many negativities in my brain and I need to flush a few of them away!

I love the quackers good, honkers bad story! Mystic was outside the other day and we each thought the other was keeping an eye on him. Then I heard the sandhill cranes calling, and a dog that sounded very much like Mystic barking yep, he had disappeared onto the next farm and was chasing a couple of huge birds! We got him back home pronto and no harm, no fowl I mean foul done to the cranes. Perhaps the good side of the story was that the cranes where quick to take off Sunday night when a couple of coyotes approached.

Marie, it seems this year that one piece of equipment after another keeps breaking. Of course, perhaps it has something to do with the shear quantity of power toys that DH has accumulated. The ATV was just repaired, the Suburban is in the shop right now (major $$ - :( ) and the weed trimmer would not start. Four to five week wait to have the weed trimmer repaired.

Deanne, all of your garden photos look wonderful, but I really love the 2nd one of Rahjii on a pedestal! His green eyes match the foliage! By the way, 85 degrees seems to be the universal default setting for these things. My BIL put in a new one and didnt get it programmed right and it bounced back to 85! And I bet it will be at 85 when I go home tonight.

Marian, here at work we ordered a small pole barn building from Home Depot and had a simply awful time with the delivery service. It was promised many times, and then they tried to deliver it at 6:30 pm on a Saturday. Well never deal with them again for anything that requires delivery. Im so sorry that you are having the same problems with your stove.

Mary, Ive never heard the expression "happy as Larry" and it really gave me a good laugh, because I used to work with a Larry who was one of the most negative people Ive ever met. So in my frame of reference, someone who is as happy as Larry is pretty darn miserable!

Sue, you sound like you need a "potty" bench As for tomato advice, try to keep the amount of water that they receive somewhat even. Its tough if youre getting heavy rains, but when you hand water, the same amount every day is better than a lot one day and none the next. And ditto the advice on cages. Ive got to get some this year; I always wait until its too late and then try to (badly) improvise something.

Da! Thanks for checking in and sharing more great photos. Never too many!

Whoa! I am caught up I cant believe it.

Its only 84 here today, but of course I cant work outside today because of work and other commitments. I dont know if I said this already, but I have mentioned in the past that I am on the board of a local enviro group. Well, the executive director left a couple of weeks ago, so I am doing the accounting work for them in the evenings for the time being. You know I didnt have enough to do

Okay, I should get some real work done. Or I could look at a couple of idyll photo tours? Get to work!

V.

• Marian_2
    17 years ago

Hi all.
    The range snafu is over forevermore! After waiting 2 hours for the 'nice lady' manager at Home Depot to call,( this morning), things were getting pretty testy here on the home front. I quickly changed clothes and charged into town, to Home Depot.I asked for the female manager that I had talked to on the phone. She was out to lunch ( it was between 11 and 12 ). I said, "I have came for a complete refund! " And I got it! I drove to the "good old country boy"s furniture and appliance store. (He used to be our neighbor.)
    I told him..." I have come to buy a new range from you, thanks to Home Depot." And that is what I did. It was delivered around 2:30. While we were outside chatting with the delivery man ( for an hour or so), here came the Home Depot delivery !!!! It was a quarter to 4.
    ( They were supposed to call before they came. NOT ! )
    Actually it was pretty funny. The fellow from the local business jumped into his truck and high-tailed it! I think he thought the fur was going to hit the fan. It didn't..:-)
    We just informed the 2 fellows in the HD truck that the range was no longer ours. Their truck had Georgia plates on it ! They were almost out of diesel, and asked if the local store carried diesel ! I hope they made it back to Harrison.

Enny-hoo, I have a brand new range in my kitchen. The first brand new one since 1974 ! It is all installed, and ready to go ...Whoopie!

Now I need to get a new computer.Any suggestions for the best kind, and the best buy?

Marie, I have both heard and seen baby raccoons. Our local 'coons usually bless us with a family of 4 every year.They wreak havoc with a lot of the vegetation around our yard and on the deck.

I am dragging the hose around for the first time this year. Rain has continued to be in the forecast... but Home Depot must be in charge of that delivery also.

Marian

• chloehoover
    17 years ago

Whew - a few days away & still you're burning up the threads!
    It was over 95 here today (after hitting 90 for the last 2 days) so I feel like you, V, -I too overdid it the first day when it almost hit 90 on Sat. & have tried to recoup for these others - my poor clematis & some other things appear stressed - despite my long all day watering on Sunday. The only saving grace is, like you said, V, Im going back to work tomorrow to recuperate & it is also finally going to get cooler - so both I & the garden may recuperate properly! Of course, I didnt move anything or accomplish much. Bummer.

So much going on -- Taryn, thinking good thoughts for you & Bruce & family -- Im in fact hoping that he is able to recover from the asperative pneumonia - My Mom has had that twice -- scary & close but she got thru it- so Im hoping perhaps Bruce will weather it as well, to just have more time to spend with his family.

Hi, to Da & Martie - welcome back - even for quick pop-in -- Da - your flowers are looking lovely -- even w/ all that going on in your life, taking time to watch the flowers really helps, doesnt it?

Sue - glad you saw that note re the Brugmansia & cats/pets - I thought of both you and Deanne when I read it -- to think just a fallen leaf/flower can be so lethal -- I had a close experience once re oriental lily w/ my dog, but luckily she survived - so I now tend to try to keep really bad stuff away from her stomping areas. That plant is beautiful but not worth endangering a beloved pet, right?

Marian - good for you & great to have your stove -- I was thinking it was the subcontractor who was probably the problem - they contract all installations out & I think that minimizes control H.D. has on it - not a good thing.

Deanne - Rahjii looks so regal - I think he needs to have his portrait done - I would vote for the 2nd photo!! Maybe you should try it out? He's definitely demanding his portrait there I think.

Gardenbug -- that O. clematis is on my wish list - Id seen earlier photo you had (maybe last year?) of it -- fantastic!

I too need a potting bench -- & havent checked out the local Sams - that bakers rack is so cool for plant stand! Deanne & Michelle, you really scored. More shopping tips for lurkers out there!!!

Well, I dont have anything to contribute as you can see -- but wanted to say howdie & now that Im back to the routine, I 'll be keeping more regular watch here.

Cindy

• gardeningmary
    17 years ago

Hi everyone

Wow, lots to read and comment on today.

Hope Babs had a great interview.

Hooray - Da is posting again with some fab pictures. I love the jack in a pulpit! Keep them coming:0)

Hi Martie - glad to hear you are well. Hope you can post some pics of your bones soon (garden ones that is!) How wonderful to have the Tree Peony connection.

Ei - your writing about keeping thoughts positive made me think a lot. How special about your Dad's Purple Heart, and especially touching that he was so modest about it. He sounds the most wonderful person.

Marian - somehow there was much satifaction in reading you gave your business to the local shop after HD treated you so poorly. Nice to hear how promptly they delivered. What a hassle, but glad you have it sorted. Enjoy your cooking! I'm afraid I know zilch about computers.

Deanne - I forgot to take my camera to the parade which was a shame as the little boys looked so good in their uniforms. Next time David has his on I'll try and remember to take a pic. Did I tell you how fabulous your kitty on the pedestal photos were? National Geographic are running a competition for pet photos, perhaps you could enter one or two. My fuschias are looking great and all bursting into bloom, especially Swingtime. Now I just need one of those bakers racks and some of those pots.....

V - how neat that you DD was chosen to play Taps at the Parade. That would have bought tears to my eyes. Do you think Happy as Larry is an English expression?

Michelle - I had no idea Rick was a Vietnam vet.

Cindy - I too am in need of a potting bench. I have a tray and work behind the garage but its hard bending over. Let me know if you find a bargain.

Taryn - hope the weekend wasn't too heart wrenching and that a good offer came your way on the house.

Today was over 90F and the school I was working at has no AC and cannot run fans in the classrooms. I joined the children in a dunk in the pool after work and boy, did it feel good. I then did the second round of watering. Some of the plants wilting in the heat surprised me and others were holding up remarkably well.

Dinner tonight was a salad from the last of my spring lettuces with a Sezchwan Eggplant dish I tried for the first time. It was delicious and a big hit with everyone, especially David who loves veggies. Let me know if anyone would like the recipe. Right now I'm about to head upstairs with a book. The heat seems to have drained my energy so I'm giving in and having an early night.

Mary

• babs_clare
    17 years ago

Marian-You go girl! I loved your Home Depot story-you sure did take charge; ) Lol about the rain predictions coming from Hope Depot...I hope the heat doesn't stop you from using the new range. Our ancient(+30yr old one!)seemed to have no insulation so I always grilled outdoors during summer when I could. Once I got the new range I can bake and it's not unbearable even during summer.

Thanks V and Ms. Deanne for thinking of me on my interview day: ) Everything went really well after spending yesterday with the worst lack of confidence in myself.I should have called Ei for a pep talk; ) I don't know why I do that but I worried for nothing. I think the chunk of years away from the work force did that to me. Naturally it would be a hotter than Hades kind of day so my hair would frizz up and I'd be stuck wearing it pulled back and my recent suicide bangs took their life for a second time as the heat curled them shorter!!!lol.
    The interviewer was SO sweet(always a big relief). She liked my background in child development and the fact that the CPR and 1st aid classes I need will be more like refereshers since I've taken them before. AND I told her all about you 'guys'(dolls!). Well not in depth(you know,those internet axe murdering stalkers; ),actually just that I wouldn't be available July 21-23 if orientation was then because I have business with some gardening friends of mine in Chicago...she got all excited and she wants to ask me advice for her own yard now.I am quite sure this was the most enjoyable interview I've ever had lol.

BTW Deanne-you sure do put Rahjii on a pedestal; ) Beautiful shots-both of them. He's got such personality!

Oops Michelle I realized in my memorial day thoughts I only mentioned those who perished in wars-I should have said *all* who served!Sorry for that oversight.
    How cute about Kenzie talking on the phone! She's really saying a lot-good for her!We're all so proud of her.
    Wow the baker's rack you and Deanne have is really nice looking!

Ugh Marie we have one of those 'masked bandits' wreaking havoc in our garage-he got in and pooped in there. That's one animal that doesn't seem cute to me even when it's young! I do have a pic of a fawn born in our yard(twice again this year)but I wasn't sure if he'd be enjoyed here since we all know what they grow up to do lol. I have to admit he was adorable running circles around his mom once he found his legs-he was even hopping!

Deanne I was doing the hose drag today too. Hopefully we will really get rain tomorrow. Never satisfied are we: )

Tomorrow night my conductor's tails make their debut! I am a little concerned that the actress wearing it will be very hot since the weather is so warm(It's 80F @ 10pm!).

Hi Da! LOve the images you posted. It sounds like you are having a full life these days...so do you still get headaches?; )

Eileen-do you remember the Caryopteris clandonensis cuttings I simply stuck in the ground per your suggestion and you were worried that your advice might not work? You were 50% correct though,lol(notice the positive spin there). One lived and the other didn't make the winter weather. I did a bunch more cuttings this year again....the mother plant looks like it's dying and I suspect the serious wetness we had before it had time to start growing for the season was the culprit.
    How's your hair today?

Ok time for a little vino-just to celebrate my successful interview! Hey I even get to wear a white lab coat on the job!(lol you can tell I don't get out much)

Annyway Still thinking of Taryn and her friends. Hope to hear from you soon.

'nite ladies
    ~BAbs

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

It was a lovely evening and I got quite a bit of potting done. I also got some perennials in the ground. I had picked up another gas plant at this nurserys close out sale. It was about to bloom so I thought it would be a good time to find a spot for it. I have actually made quite a dent in the annuals to be planted. Which is a good thing. With all the heat and wind we have had, they dry out so quick in the small pots. Today was somewhat cooler and much less wind. Funny but the containers seem to be taking on a more tropical flair this year.

Deanne, LOL, that is the same bakers rack. I had looked at it earlier this year and then also one at Walmart. This one was much nicer though. Now to get it together and fill it as nicely as yours is.

Babs, your interview sounded like it went very well. How cool that she wants your gardening expertise. I bet it was fun to watch the fawn.

Bug, what a stunning shot of the clematis. I noticed my first clematis bloom of the season tonight. Its the multi-blue that I planted last year.

Marian, good for you on letting HD know that they need to give better service or youll go elsewhere. Thats so funny that they showed up just after the other was delivered. What timing! We have gotten our new appliances from a tiny little store. The guy always treats us so well. My latest computer is a Dell and Im happy with it. I know that there are many options. Some are quite inexpensive, but I guess it depends on what you need in a computer.

Mary, Id love the eggplant recipe. That is one thing that I always grow in the garden. I actually have a nice wood potting bench also. I picked it up on a garage sale for cheap. It seemed too nice to put outside so it resides in my mudroom.

Night all
    Michelle

• taryn
    17 years ago

hi guys, quickie here, so no caps...bruce rallied a bit last night and had a good visit (well he wasn't scary) with his sons. but is going downhill seriously now. fever is back (40c/104F) which is very serious for an adult, breathing sounds much, much more congested. They say he can go for 2 hours or 2 days, but at this point I'm seriously praying for the former. Gigi is holding it together amazingly but we are all very tired and very stressed. My mum and I took care of the daycare kids today while she was at the hospital. I think her parents are in Quebec now (driving) and should arrive tomorrow. Gigi has been with Bruce every chance she could, but here in the mornings to get her guys off to school and also get them to bed etc. Me and my mum have been filling in the gaps and taking care of the daycare kids (she hopes this won't scare off her source of income!) She's amazing at juggling very many balls. I couldn't do it for long and the tension here is starting to show, even with my mum and I. Re house news we had a couple come back for a 2nd look today and the private offer couple left us a message today that they have re-evaluated their finances and want to put in a "much more substantial offer". So maybe some GOOD news is coming soon. Thanks again for all the support, haven'ty read but know it's there...Will have 8 kids under 4 here by 8:30 to time for zzz's...Thank you my friends...

Taryn

• babs_clare
    17 years ago

(((((((Taryn)))))))) honey, I am so sorry.My heart goes out to Gigi & Bruce-I don't know how I could deal with what they are going through,it just breaks your heart. I am just praying for Bruce that he can be comfortable.The things you describe don't sound good to me. I wish I could be there to support you too. Can we hope for miracles at all?

Hugs,
    ~Babs

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

Marian (apologies cause I wrote this before seeing your post - but Yahoo & Congratulations!): Any news on the new stove? I sure hope it arrives soon. I can imagine your frustration. I miss all the small privately owned businesses they use to have here. Because they were small; customer service was foremost and they always stood behind their products they *appreciated* their customers. About the only thing the big box names can offer over them, is selection. But try to figure out whom to complain to, to get action when you are unhappy! Very frustrating! At least when things dont go how they should at the little guys shop, you *know* who to go to. I especially miss the small hardware stores. I use to love walking down the wooden floored isles (guess I'm aging myself) and seeing all the little bins of product and the smell of wood and dirt! :-) About the smallest hardware store we have here anymore is Ace and I dont think any of them are locally owned. Oh well, I sure hope your stove is delivered today! BTW, Im sure your containers came out lovely. Your strawberry planter sounds very pretty with the yellow marigolds and purple angelonia. I love purple and yellow together. Im sure it is very cheery...I like bright! :-) BTW, did you plant Sedona in the copper pot? I bet the coloring of Sedona *would* look lovely in the copper container.
    P.S. Like Michelle, I have a Dell too, but cant tell you whether they are any better or worse than any others, nor the price, since hubby does all the "electronics" shopping here. This is his 2nd Dell, so I guess he must think they are good and I dont have any complaints.

Hey, Good Lookin'
    By Hank Williams

Hey, good lookin'
    What you got cookin'?
    How's about cooking something up for me

Well I'm free and ready
    So please go steady
    How's about keepin' a steady company
    I got a hot rod Ford and a two dollar bill
    And I know a spot, right over the hill
    'Cause there's soda pop and a dancing spree
    You want to have fun, come along with me

Hey, good lookin'
    What you got cookin'?
    How's about cookin' something for me
    (instrumental)

I'm gonna throw my date book over the fence
    And then find me one for five or ten cents
    I keep it 'til it's covered with age
    'Cause I'm writing your name down on every page

So, Hey, good lookin'
    What you got cookin'?
    How's about cookin' something up for me

Hi Da! It was great hearing from you. Sounds like you are a busy girl, but happy busy mostly, and thats good! Your pictures are lovely. The first one is true artistry...what a talent. I love the way you make a simple subject (thinking of the Mountain Bluet and I dont mean that in a negative way) anyway, love the way you can take a simple subject and turn it into something so sophisticated and intricate. Your gardens are looking very lovely and glad to hear Jains irises are giving you such pleasure! :-) Too many pictures? Nah, theres never enough in my opinion! :-)

Deanne Thanks! Those containers face north, but are in an open position so that they receive a lot of light, one receives a little direct sunlight from the east and the other, a little direct sun from the west. My containers of Illustrius that I planted this year are on the back deck and get direct east sun, but thats about it. Not sure how the darker EEs handle full sun (whether they would fade out or be stressed), but my green elephant ears from last year received full sun and seemed just fine. I would *love* to see how you planted your Illustris. This year I planted them out back; one container with Illustrius, Fuchsia Claire de Lune, Purple Ruffles Basil, and Orange Impatiens and the other has Illustris with Coleus Sedona, Purple Ruffles Basil and salmon colored Alaska Nasturtiums. Sedona is still looking pretty sad and may have to be replaced. The containers are still not very lush looking, but with this heat we are having, Im sure they will be filling out quickly now.

Michelle, you and Deanne really scored with those bakers racks...very handsome! Is the weather cooling some by you? It was cooler here last night after the rain, but back to hot again today. Looks like we will be going back to typical temps for this time of year starting tomorrow, at least I hope so.

GB- Melting here too Im afraid. There is to be rain tonight & tomorrow, with slightly cooler temperatures ahead...if I can just hold on! :-) *Everything* certainly does look fantastic in your garden! Its amazing what a little heat can do. Your primulas are just awesome...if I could only grow a patch like that. I dont think I have the moisture they need. I tried them a long time ago and failed, but your picture is making me want to try again. :-) Your clematis is just lovely too...gorgeous color!

V You are an amazing woman...I dont know how you find the energy to do it all! Thanks for telling me about the 6 weeks...I never knew that...well, at least its a goal to shoot for...LOL...Thanks for the positive thoughts! A big congratulations to DD...you *should* be very proud!

Babs! :-) Well, its true, I *am* your biggest fan! Im glad it went so well and glad you had a budding gardener for an interviewer...thats a good sign! Im so happy I was 50% right...LOL! Sorry you lost momma though, well its a good thing you made cuttings! Hmm, looking very Shirley Temple-ish...Wait! No, thats an insult to Shirley...definitely more like Harpo in this humidity...LOL. You cracked me up about your hair. Good Luck to the little conductor and to you! :-)

Mary...me too! Id love the eggplant recipe. I love eggplant. In fact, whenever I try out any new Italian restaurant, I always order the eggplant parmagiana...if its good one, then I know that its a good Italian restaurant and I will come back again to try their other entrees. :-)

Speaking of recipes...We went over to our neighbor, Bridgettas for Memorial Day. She is a *fabulous* cook (German) and I have yet to be served something by her that I didnt love. Anyway for desert she served a Rhubarb cake that was *awesome*! It looked like a New York Style Cheesecake, with a thick cream cheese top layer to it. Turns out the top of the cake is what Bridgetta says Germans call "Schmutt" (sp.?)! It was delicious (made with sour cream, cream cheese and pudding). The filling of the cake was cream cheese and rhubarb and then the crust was very similar to a New York Style Cheese Cake crust. Delicious...sweet, but not *too* sweet, and with a lovely bit of tarty tang to it. She gave us 3 pieces to take home and hubby ate them all! I was okay with that cause I think I did enough damage to my calorie count...LOL...but I *am* going back to get the recipe. :-)

However, I was a little perturbed at hubby, Ill admit. Not about the cake, but about my New Dawn. I had been asking him for the last two months, to *please* prune the dead stuff out of the New Dawn rose for me. If I could do it myself I would, but even with a ladder I cant reach most of that rose anymore. So, yesterday afternoon, Im watering the roses and Im eyeing New Dawn. "Paul", I say, "Would you *please* prune New Dawn today, she is going to be full of bloom anytime now and all that dead stuff that needs to be trimmed off is going to ruin the show." He says, "Ei, I promise Ill do it, but not now, I just dont have time to smell and stop the roses." LOL. This is why I keep him around and why I can never stay mad at him he always makes me laugh, especially when he knows Im aggravated with him. Hes a cornball - and Im easy! Well, Im not giving up...I will nag him again this coming week-end.

Didnt buy the privacy trellising...$2000.00 was *way* out of my budget right now. Oh well, you guys are just going to have to look at my neighbors carport with the 5 or 10 large garbage cans and, apparently, anything that isnt good enough to keep in the house anymore...LOL! The mother (who I liked very much) gave the house to her daughter to live in. Nice "youngish" couple, just probably shouldnt be homeowners...Oh well...I guess its best to lay it all out for ya, before ya come! :-)

I was going to show some pics of my peonies here, but then realized there were too many, so I think Ill put them on a separate post tomorrow. Its just whats going on in the garden right now...nothing clever...just pics! :-) The peonies are behaving very well blooming loverly and standing upright, which is a good thing, since I never did get to putting the rings around them.

:-) I am minus 15 exclamation points today! :-) But still talking to myself way to much...

Well *girls*...I really need to hit the hay. Tomorrow I want to get up bright and early and finish planting. I *did* get the tomatoes in tonight before the rain, which Im sure will make them very happy!

Thought for the Day:
    "The next time it begins to rain... lie down on your belly, nestle your chin into the grass, and get a frog's-eye view of how raindrops fall... The sight of hundreds of blades of grass bowing down and popping back up like piano keys strikes me as one of the merriest sights in the world." - Malcolm Margolin - I definitely plan to try this tomorrow when it rains! :-)

Thinking of Taryn too...wish there was something I could say. Well, if you are reading this, at least you know we are all thinking of you and sending our good thoughts...Hope there was some good news on the house.

Friends are like the walls of a house. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes you
    lean on them. But sometimes, it's enough to know they're just standing by.
    - Author Unknown -
    Good Night All!

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

Taryn...we must have been posting at the same time. Thanks for the update. You will all be in my prayers tonight! Ei

• deanneart
    17 years ago

Good morning Idylls,
    What a weird weather pattern we had last night. We were supposed to get those T storms that hit the Albany area and instead of moving toward the south and east like they normally do they went due south and then a bit west. I dont believe Ive ever seen a storm front move toward the west before. Now they are predicting more storms for today and tomorrow. It would be nice if we got a nice gentle rain but Im afraid that isnt going to happen. Today the weather guy is predicting some significant rain for Friday. Apparently there is going to be another tropical feed of moisture and they are predicting several inches of rain, even up to six inches again. Ive had to start doing some watering here in the last couple days and yesterday both of my oscillating sprinklers broke! What a pain in the neck.

Marian, ROTFLOL! "Rain has continued to be in the forecast... but Home Depot must be in charge of that delivery also." You cracked me up! ~~ So happy to hear you finally got your new range wherever you got it from. Good for you for sending the HD one back. ~~ RE Computers, Ive had a couple new Dells that Ive been very pleased with but the models Ive gotten are probably way more than youd ever need. My big one in the studio has 160 Gig hard drive and two gigs of RAM memory. I process a lot of graphics when I write painting instructions.

Cindy, I think you are right that Rahjii is looking to have his portrait done. LOL

Mary, that is too bad you didnt have your camera at the parade. I love the littles in their scout uniforms marching in parades. ~~ So happy to hear your fuchsia are bursting into bloom! Neat! Mine are doing the same here and it is going to be fabu in another week or so. The standards are finally really starting to put some significant growth and Ive done enough pinching so I can let them set bloom now. Ive put the Beacon Rosa standard on the corner of the Terrace Garden and Im enjoying it there where it echoes the Rosa Rugosa standard in the second tier. ~~ Id love to have that eggplant recipe. Im in need of some new ideas for veggies.

Babs, how great you had such a good interview! Too neat that the interviewer wants advice for her garden. ~~ No kidding about we are never happy with the amount of rainfall. It is either too much or too little.

Michelle, how neat you are making such good progress with your container gardens. Im thinking Im almost finished with mine also. ~~ I was really surprised at just how nice and rugged that bakers rack really is and it matches my patio set so that is even better. Ive got my special coleus babies on it so I can give them a bit of extra attention.

Taryn, sending you support in this difficult time. You are a true blue friend. Many people will run in the opposite direction and you are running to help. Dont forget to take care of yourself too.

Eileen, I really miss our little local hardware stores also. We have one place left in town that I try to shop at first before going for something to HD. I bought my new sprinkler there yesterday. They might be a bit more expensive but they have staff that are very helpful and I want this store to stay in business. ~~ Ill get you a pic of the Illustris container when it fills in a bit. ~~ LOL about Paul not having time to "Smell and stop the roses".

V and Eileen, You might want to give Sedona another week or so before you replace it. Ive found that Sedona is a bit difficult to harden off to the outside and it goes through the uglies every year Ive had it but once it starts putting on some new growth it does very well.

OK Ive got to get my day started here. I want to get the rest of the pot ghetto moved up to the trailer park and get Dougs garage back in order. He sure is a patient man and I love him for putting up with my plant obsession. He did tell me I needed an intervention when I bought another fuchsia basket at HD this weekend. Well, who could pass up a 10" hanging basket of the most lovely, lush, full fuchsia growth that had just arrived? I told him I had to rescue the beautiful thing. Te he.

Have a great day everyone, Marian you have to tell us what you are cooking up on your new range.
    Deanne

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

So nice to have Da back! Glad your gardens are thriving. We need an update. Same job? Travel soon? Crochet projects?...OH! For some reason I didn't see your message, only the photos! Now some of my questions have been answered. Good to read "Le sigh!" once more! You must be very pleased with your clematis'performance!

Taryn, I'm at a loss for what to hope for regarding your good friends. Seems to me everyone is doing well at what they are best at. Hugs!

Sounds like thunderstorms. I hope it rains with little damage...it would save so much time and water from the well. I did tie up a few clematis and peonies yesterday. Still expected to be close to 90 today, but startinmg tomorrow, more normal temperatures for this time of year.

Happy to hear of V's DD and her awards, Marian's dealings with HD and the arrival of her stove, Bab's successful interview, those 2 fantastic baker's racks. So Ei, now that you saved $2000 on privacy fencing, what are you going to spend the money on? Maybe plants? ;-)

Must start my day. Lots to accomplishe before DH returns from China this afternoon. It will be 38 years since the small ceremony was performed in New York State. So many ups and downs... such is life! More challenges to come no doubt, never boring.

Here's a parting shot, a sweet little plant given to me by friends a few years ago. Known as B*stard Balm...I have no idea why!

{{gwi:160279}}

'Bug

• just_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good morning!

Taryn, you've been in my thoughts often and will continue to be. What a very difficult time for everyone, but what a treasure Gigi & Bruce have in their friends.

'bug, Happy Anniversary---38 years......here's wishing you many more years filled with many more blessings in your lives & marriage. (Your garden project looks great and the clematis photos -- wonderful!)

Marian, I got a laugh out of your rain being controlled by HD. Glad you were able to get your complete refund and were able to get a new range quickly.

Babs, congratulations on the successful interview! I enjoyed seeing the 'tails' and hope the weather isn't too hot to let the wearer enjoy wearing it.

Michelle, please tell your DH "Thank you!".

V, sounds like you are constantly busy....hope life settles down soon.

Ei, it is very nice to have you back to Idylling with us often.

Da!!!!! What a treat to hear from you. You are missed! Your photos are lovely, you have such an eye for composing! I, too, enjoyed seeing "le sigh" once again. I do hope your life & time will allow you to pop in more often.

Deanne, lovely photos of your lovely regal kitty.

Drema.........busy? ;o) I was glad to read that your job doesn't appear to be one to be cut. Best wishes that the wedding plans will go smoothly.

Honey, the completed walkway is beautiful! Eager to see the plantings that you've chosen.

Oy! this is turning into a novel......I shouldn't let myself fall so far behind or if I do, I should quit feeling like I need to try to comment on all that has gone on......

No intent to slight anyone.....but I'm stopping now and just going to wave to all as I exit. This morning I'm to be the pack horse for DD as she does her grocery shopping. She isn't suppose to lift anything heavy so she's asked me to go grocery shopping with her---to do 'grocery lifting' and 'bag carrying'. I'm glad to help. She's at 28 weeks and the last ultrasound showed the babies growing appropriately....the tech said they were each at about 2# at that time. All seems to be going well and we've got our hopes flying high that she'll continue to do well for the next couple months.

Hello to all!

T.

• gardeningmary
    17 years ago

Hi everyone

Here is the eggplant recipe we enjoyed.

SZECHWAN-STYLE EGGPLANT WITH PITA WEDGES
    *available at Oriental markets, specialty foods shops, and some supermarkets
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    a 1 1/4-pound eggplant, peeled if desired and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
    1 teaspoon cornstarch
    1/2 cup chicken broth
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh gingerroot
    2 to 3 teaspoons Szechwan chili paste*, or to taste
    1 teaspoon hoisin sauce*
    1 tablespoon rice vinegar* or white-wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon dry Sherry
    3 scallions, sliced thin
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
    1 red bell pepper, minced
    1/2 teaspoon Oriental sesame oil, or to taste
    white pita and whole-wheat pita, cut into wedges, as an accompaniment

In a wok or large skillet heat the vegetable oil over high heat until it is hot but not smoking and in it stir-fry the eggplant over moderately high heat for 3 to 5 minutes, or until it is tender and browned. Transfer the eggplant with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
    In a small bowl dissolve the cornstarch in the broth. To the wok add the garlic, the gingerroot, the chili paste, the hoisin sauce, the vinegar, and the Sherry and stir-fry the mixture for 30 seconds. Add the scallions and stir-fry the mixture for 30 seconds. Add the soy sauce, the brown sugar, the cornstarch mixture, stirred, the bell pepper, and the eggplant and stir-fry the mixture for 1 minute, or until the eggplant has absorbed most of the liquid. Remove the wok from the heat, add the sesame oil and salt and pepper to taste, and toss the mixture well. The eggplant mixture may be made 1 day in advance and kept covered and chilled. Transfer the eggplant mixture to a bowl and serve it with the pita wedges.

Makes about 4 cups.

Ei - I love the quote about friends and walls and chuckled at your story of Paul and the pruning.

T - nice to hear from you. Wonderful that your daughter is progessing so well in her pregnancy. Have fun lugging those bags! Have you taken more photos?

GB - 38 years of happy marriage is a great achievement!

Taryn - you are a true friend indeed. This must be the hardest part.

Babs - wonderful your interview went so well. I bet it will be a fun job.

Need to run soon. DH has just left with David for Karate, then Annie and I will head out for her annual String Extravaganza. String players from Elemntary through High school get together one night a year for a big concert. It will be fun, though beastly hot I'm sure as there will be hundreds of kids and parents. We were in the 90's again today.

have a good evening

Mary

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    17 years ago

Hi Folks!

This will be quick because I'm taking tomorrow off and need to get to bed soon so I can get an early start. For the past couple of nights I've forced myself to do full workouts and I just got out of the hot tub so la-la land will come quick.

Marie you seem to have access to the coolest plants. I hit a nursery at lunchtime today and picked up Nepeta 'Little Titch' (finally), Sedum 'Black Jack', Brunnera 'Looking Glass', and a tricolor Hypericum that is unreliably hardy here in addition to another castor bean plant and Fuschia 'Gartenmeister'-a pretty good haul considering I hardly find anything anymore. If I didn't hav to haul compost tomorrow I'd skip up to the Variegated Foliage Nursery. Hmmm...maybe I still will.

Marian, I loved the way you handled your stove purchase. I'm one who believes that the big box stores will end up being their own worst enemies. We've convinced ourselves in this country that cheaper is better and have essentially driven most of the decent paying manufacturing jobs to other countries. Personally I refuse to set foot into a Walmart and only buy odds and ends at the Lowe's and the HDs of the world. For the big stuff, we shop privately owned specialty stores, get better service, better quality and don't end up paying any more in the long run. I say good for you.

Taryn, everybody should have a friend like you.

OK, here are a couple of pictures I grabbed over the past few days. We're supposed to get another 2 inches of rain here sometime between Thursday night and Saturday morning so I figured I'd better get the peonies and roses before they get wrecked by the weather.

Clematis 'The President'. It grows in crappy dry soil, part sun and gets better every year. Tomorrow I'll feed it compost and rose tone.

{{gwi:160280}}

I've been waiting a couple of years for this combo to get a bit more mature-Baptisia 'Carolina Moonlight' and Peony 'Cheddar Charm'. The Nepetas I've planted as companions aren't blooming yet. Look close and you can see my new Sambucus 'Black Lace' in the background.

{{gwi:160281}}

The front of the house this weekend. They ripped up the street on Tuesday and didn't touch the curbs at all. I moved all those plants for nothing...lol. Oh well, the garden needed a new design anyway.

{{gwi:146712}}

The impromptu shade garden I put in next to the driveway a month or so ago. I'm still tinkering with it a little bit. Some of those hostas had to be moved with a wheelbarrow.

{{gwi:160282}}

Good night!

Sue

• deanneart
    17 years ago

Evening all,

GB, congratulations on your 38th wedding anniversary. Fantastic! ~~ Sweet plant. How large does it get?

Mary, thank you for the recipe for the eggplant. Im going to have to try it soon. My nutritionist reminded me again this morning to have more vegetables and this sounds like a delicious way to do that. ~~ Unreal you are in the 90s again today. I think we only made it into the middle 80s.

So T, how was your day schlepping for your DD? So glad to hear she and babies are doing well. Ill bet you cant wait to see them in person.

Sue, bravo, bravo!!!! Your photos are gorgeous! That new shade area is wonderful and I love, love, love that Baptisia/Peony combination. Superb! I sure wish we lived closer so I could go plant shopping with you tomorrow.

Well I had a busy, busy day here and got a LOT done. I planted another three containers today and am finally getting to the end of the containers. I moved all the leftover baby plants up to the trailer park today and need to get all the rest of my potting supplies out of Dougs garage. So I took a few pics of the gardens today. Things are all looking so wonderful right now. I sure wish I could transport you all here for a lunch in the garden.

One of the groupings of containers on the patio. I really love those little dahlias. I planted them in that small urn with Fiber Optic Grass. I cant wait for this little one to fill in.
    {{gwi:160283}}

The newly planted hayracks on the fence
    {{gwi:160284}}

The rhododendron is fully open and the Asao is just about to finish up. The heat the last few days has the petals falling like confetti.
    {{gwi:160285}}

Globemaster Allium
    {{gwi:160287}}

{{gwi:160289}}

The sambucus is incredible this year
    {{gwi:160291}}

Beverly Sills
    {{gwi:160292}}

Ive placed this container on the granite patio around the pond which is eye level from the hot tub deck. All the better for viewing these little gems.
    {{gwi:160293}}

Allium Gladiator and Clematis Miss Bateman
    {{gwi:160294}}

I love this time of the year!

Nite all
    Deanne

• taryn
    17 years ago

What a treat for the eyes all these lovely garden photos have been! Got home about 6:00pm with the boys, as Gigi's parents arrived around 11:00am and will be able to stay for a while. The daycare kids are actually all wonderful children and it helped me immensely to be able to interact with them the past two days. My last post indicated 8 kids under 4 years old--that wouldn't be legal, lol, it was actually 5 kids under 4yo plus my 3 that I meant. If nothing changes her mum has watched them all before and will do so tomorrow, then she doesn't have them back until Tuesday anyway. For Gigi having the kids there, with her strictly regimented routines, has kept her sane through this, with nothing else in her control. So while many people would ask the parents to find alternate arrangements for a week, she was much happier having something NORMAL happening, especially regarding keeping normal routines for Ryan and Reid, 8 and 5 yo. She has prepared them very well, it is heartbreaking but they will be okay, I know that. One of the daycare mums today brought 2 plaster kits to make handprints of Bruce's that the boys could each have forever. She approached me with the idea as she didn't know if Gigi would like it or not, but she did and I think she'll do that tonight or tomorrow maybe. It will be heartbreaking to do. It will be so special for them to have...

Still just waiting for Bruce to let go. They couldn't keep an IV in him any more today, veins colapsing and he was retaining a lot of fluid, which means the organs are shutting down. So they are giving him meds to reduce the edema, as well as morphine and masks, etc, to keep him as comfortable as possible. I had so many phone calls today (at Gigi's) as people want to be updated, but dread every time it rings it will be bad news. But truly, this needs to end soon, and I think it will be good news really, closure. For everyone involved.

For some ACTUAL good news, our private offer couple phoned Glenn at home today and said they have done some creative financing to meet our bottom line and would like to get together to hammer out the details! Whoohoo on that! This would be a cash offer so we can go on firm on the other place. Also because it is private we will save the 2.5% we would have paid the buyer's agent, though will still pay our's of course. So the price is actually higher than our asking when you factor that in.

In other good news, my dear friends Dawn and Jason are trying invitro fertilization again for the 5th time, but this time with a donor egg from a younger woman (Dawn is 41). They did retrieval yesterday and are doing the testtube thing now and in 3 days she will hopefully be pregnant. It is funny, I purposely withheld the news about Bruce from her because I knew this was going on at the same time and she needs to be calm and zen-like ideally, plus they are not friends, just both my friends. But Dawn found out and called me at Gigi's today. I'd already told Gigi why Dawn didn't call, so now I explained it to Dawn, said email her a note, but stay out of it. Life is a circle, and I'm going to do everything in my power to keep it going round...

Thanks all for all your support. I'm expecting the call any time and then 'arrangements' will need to be made. Had a neighbor of Gigi and Bruce's call to ask how they can help financially but discreetly regarding that (and huge drug bill) and I think a bank account will be set up very shortly to help in that respect as well, as long as it is very discreetly done. The more I read the news, which is so negative, the more my own experiences with wonderful human beings counters that. You guys are tops...

Taryn

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

Im pooped and ready for bed, but didnt want the day to pass without wishing Marie a Happy Anniversary...38 years. Thats amazing... I bet you can hardly believe it yourself! Hope you had a lovely day!

{{gwi:160295}}

Marie your Ba***rd plant reminds me of Impatiens balfourii, a plant we called "The Poormans Orchid", except the markings on yours are more showy and pronounced than I remember on my balfourii. Is it a heavy re-seeder or controllable? Very lovely...it really does remind me of an orchid. Ive also always been fond of the old fashioned balsam...touch me not. What fun to touch the seed pods and watch them explode. :-) Very pretty, little flowers and nice foliage too!

T How did I miss it?!? DD is having *twins*!?! I knew she was expecting, but I didnt know it was twins...how exciting! Either I missed that or my mind is worse than I thought. Oh well, at least I get to be excited for you all over again! Congratulations! Hope you had a nice day...

Mary thank you for posting the recipe. It sounds yummy and sounds quick and easy too...thats what I love about stirfry! I will print it out tomorrow cause Im just too pooped tonight.

Sue your pictures are *gorgeous*! Well, *I* certainly thought it was worth the wait...what a lovely combination with the Baptisia and Cheddar Charm and that Black Lace is just the ticket to combine with them...very dramatic and will be even more stunning as the Sambucus matures! Beautiful pictures all! I *love* your home and landscape.

Deanne What a treat! Your containers are *all* so lovely, but I am totally captivated by the dwarf dahlias with the fiber optic plant...love the airy texture with the fiber optic surrounding the dahlias. Your fuchsias are *unbelievable*! I cant believe how lush and mature they look. *Love* the color of that red iris with the touch of plum. Well all your pics are gorgeous, as always. I love the Miss Bateman/allium color combination *and* the container combination in the same colors....by any chance are they near each other?...Stunning!

Okay, I really need to get to bed, I cant even keep my eyes open...Good Night All! Ei

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

Hi Taryn! It's so hard for me to read, I can only imagine how hard it is to be there. I was so touched by the "hands"...I think it will be a special gift for the children. I *do* understand Gigi's need to keep *something* normal going on...my heart just breaks for her and the kids and of course for Bruce. Taryn you are a true and wonderful friend and Gigi & Bruce will *never* forget that! I will keep you all in my prayers... Ei

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

Good to read that you have some good news as well Taryn. Thank you for finding the time to keep us updated.

I'm back to having to log in here...a pain.

Yesterday was odd. We has tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings, so when DH returned from the airport, he couldn't find me or Charlotte! I was in the basement with flashlights, reading a mystery. So obviously I didn't get anything accomplished. From the look and feel of things, it is still humid and only a little less warm, the creek higher and muddy. I'm glad i did manage to tie up a few things, but all my clematis and ghetto stuff is back in the house. Guess I'll try to move everything back outside later this morning. After last year's tornado here in August, I paid serious attention to the warnings. Here's from last year:
    {{gwi:160296}}

{{gwi:160297}}

{{gwi:160298}}

{{gwi:160300}}

I hope a gentle breeze starts up today so that I can start work on the veg garden...without bugs!

Speaking of bugs, DH brought me some amazing insects made out of reeds. I'll have to try to photograph them for you. He had a very fine trip, slept for 11 hours last night, and doesn't want to see another Chinese banquet for at least a week. ;-) I think I'll have to wait before trying Mary's eggplant dish!

Sue, I was so glad to see your posting of Carolina Moonlight! Mine is 3 eight inch stems -in its second year. I've never seen one in bloom and was hoping it would look as beautiful as yours eventually! I think our Black Lace plants are the same size! Your place looks gorgeous!

Deanne, it is looking rather bare under those hayracks, I think you need some more containers there.... ;-) LOL

Thanks for the kind anniversary wishes. Perhaps we'll go for a nursery jaunt and lunch together this weekend and rehash memories along the way.

Eden, you there? I know Ei is still asleep. She was sooo tired. Honey must be busy planting her front garden, and Marian is cooking up a storm!

I'd better get moving...
    'Bug

• Full_Bloom
    17 years ago

Good Morning Marie! No, I'm up, but still tired...LOL! The body clock wakes me up whether I want to be or not! :-)
    This is just a drive by, but I had to comment on your pictures...so terrifying and yet so cool! I was mesmerized by them. That first pic looks like a shot from a modern version of Wizard of Oz! But that 3rd pic with the sun glaring out through the funnel...that is awe inspiring! Thank goodness you were okay and I'm very glad to hear that yesterday was not a repeat.

Okay, I'm off to run some errands and then house cleaning today. Paul invited his class to our house on Sunday for a barbecue and I suppose I should remove the first layer of dust on everything today.

Also meant to mention last night Taryn...exciting news on the house! I'm just tickled about that!

Have a good one all! Ei

• deanneart
    17 years ago

Morning all,

Well, The pot ghetto is officially moved behind the fence in the trailer park. Good deal, I think I climbed that hill thirty times last night and I was totally exhausted after also having done 45 minutes on the Stairmaster yesterday morning. I'm hoping to pot up a couple other things and clean out Doug's garage today. He'll be so happy to have his garage back after not having it since April 1st. What a good sport he is!

Bug! ROTFLOL! Yes I can see what you mean, I surely need to add a couple more containers to that fence line. te he... ~~ Glad to hear you are OK and didn't get any of that severe weather. Those photographs are unreal and are like fine artwork. Awe inspiring. We are supposed to be in for it today with the thunder storms and get another three to six inches of rain over the weekend. Thank heavens it has been three weeks since the last deluge.

Eileen, thanks!!! I really thought you'd like that tiny urn with the dwarf dahlias and fiber optic grass. I was actually thinking of you when I put it together and said to myself, "I'll bet Eileen loves this one". Sometimes it seems so strange to me to know someone so well when we've never met in person. LOL RE the blue container, nope it isn't near the mailbox where the 'Miss Bateman' Alium combo is but wouldn't that be gorgeous. BTW do you or anyone else know what is that tiny gesneriad in that pot? That came from the flower show as a freebie and I almost threw it away several times but am now glad I didn't. It looks like a dwarf streptocarpus of some kind. Maybe Marian knows.

Speaking of Marian; Heads up all, dinner is at Marian's house tonight! LOL

Taryn, glad to hear there is good news on the home sale front. ~~ I'm hoping Bruce finds peace soon. The end is so da - - ed difficult.

OK time to hit the gym and get outside before this rainy weather arrives. Have a great day all.

Deanne

PS Eden, Honey and all missing Idylls, Please check in? No need to 'talk' to everyone, just let us know you are OK.

• chloehoover
    17 years ago

What a treat for aching eyes such glamour! Wow. Im speechless.....

Sue, how old is that President? Ive got one thats in its 2nd season, but it sure doesnt look anything like that it put out 2 blooms & then wilted....Ive cut it back but Im skeptical Ill get much regrowth if it stays so hot. And you say thats in crappy soil, uh? Maybe I need to abuse mine more? LOL.... You have a real artist's "eye" for dramatic combinations they can be "quiet colors" but you manage to make them dramatic.... I sure wish I could master it. It seems like things I plant together just never seem to bloom at the right time they can miss by a few days or a week its very frustrating to me. How did you manage to figure out the baptisia & peony Cheddar Charm would bloom together in your yard?

Deanne I just love that allium & Miss Bateman combo truly masterful! We know You are an Artiste... in lots of mediums - but I love to see how fresh "together" it all blends.....it almost makes me wish for rocky soil & lots of partial shade!

Taryn that idea re the handprints brought tears to my eyes what a truly wonderful personal idea... simple but enduring... Taryn, Im so glad to hear you got some good news & a solid offer on your house youve been incredibly patient thru it all. Im so glad for you.

Ei you & I seem to be speaking the same phrases the plants we noticed were the same & our comments! when I saw Maries photos I thought of the Land of Oz weird! I would also love to see you post your peony photos - as mentioned before, one of my very favorite flowers. I can never see too many of them.

Marie, you are one incredible photographer & seem to always capture just the right light & angles. Also, many congratulations on your 38th Anniversary thats a great achievement. Interesting that quite a few idyllers here seem to have longevity in marriage... (cant count myself in that category but its great to hear about others who have managed it).

I hope today brings relief & solace to Taryn, her friend Bruce & family and sunny skies & wondeful gardening weather to Sue & anyone else who can make into the garden. Ill think of you as Im slaving in the hot, stuffy, humid D.C. office here....

-Cindy

• Lara Noles
    17 years ago

Hi, I'm here, I've been reading along and drooling over the beautiful pictures. I'm just juggling a few too many balls right now, between Bella, the house, pets and garden. Making progress on the containers though and the pavers are finished. Starting tomorrow I won't have Bella here for the next 6 days so hopefully I'll have time to post some pictures and do a longer post. I'm thinking of you all, especially Taryn, Bruce, Gigi and their boys.

It's time for Meg to drop off Bella so I have to go...

Eden

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

A quick note just to make sure you understand that the tornado photos are NOT mine. I may be foolish at times, but I would not go driving around to take photos of a tornado. I'd be collecting my family and pets, gathering supplies, and heading for the basement!

The damage from last year's tornado is still visible everywhere. Houses have tarps covering their roofs, trees remain uprooted over many many acres. Nature sure provides drama and affects many lives.

• babs_clare
    17 years ago

Taryn I like the idea of Bruce's handprint. It chokes me up but that would be a neat thing for the boys to have. Sending peaceful thoughts your way for all of you during this sad time.

AJ's musical was sweet-since I know so many of the kids from lunch detail I couldn't keep the smile off my face. The conductor's tails looked great-the girl did a fantastic job and I let her keep the jacket-she was so happy and proud-her mom was too! I couldn't get over my AJ, I could actually hear him sing and he even 'danced' with a smile on his face! I am so proud of him too because we had horrible storms here yesterday and he's unphased by the storms these days. I can't express what a relief that is.

Marie those pics are stunning-wouldn't want to be underneath those clouds! Lol seems like every time a new bloom opens here we get rain to plow down the plants. First my irises and now the peonies! Digitalis will be next you watch.

I better go-lunch detail beckons....

~Babs

• taryn
    17 years ago

Hi guys,
    Thanks again for the continuing good thoughts. I am only being the friend I hope would be there for me if the situation were reversed, and I know all of you would be as well.

Bruce passed last night, very peacefully and quietly (he had another little rally) in Gigi's arms. Right after she did one of the hand castings for the little one, Reid. She told him Ryan said he carries Daddy in his heart but Reid wanted to hold his hand, and swears Bruce seemed to help her do that. She is calm, and though I knew she had prepared the kids, I was still of course very worried about how they would react, as I know she was. Well they are FINE, and the older one Ryan actually insisted on going to school today! Together with Gigi they talked with the principal, so he can leave if he changes his mind, but they are okay. That is a huge relief, though it may hit them harder later on.

In other news, we have two couples who were here on Sunday coming back for another viewing at 7:00pm tonight, on top of the couple coming in with the private offer. So it's all good...

'Bug those pics are very cool! I really need more zzz's to catch up a bit, so will check in later. Again, thanks so much for all the support.

Taryn

• just_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Taryn, I'm thankful that Bruce is at rest now.

T.

• michelle_zone4
    17 years ago

Im having to log in again too.
    Taryn, my thoughts are with you and your dear friend. My deepest sympathies to all who loved Bruce. What a great friend you have been to them. Its great to hear that things are looking up on the house front.

Deanne, I am awed by the pics you posted. Your containers are fabulous looking already. I think Ill have to wait a bit to post pictures of mine after seeing how mature yours look. LOL about running out of containers. I am running short and am scrounging around for more. My sedona from you is perking up, but solar flare is pouting badly.

T, great to hear that things are going well with DD and the babies. Ill bet you are getting excited.

Sue, your garden is looking wonderful. I like the peony/baptisia combo, but really enjoy the long shots.

Ei, we will be so busy oohing and aahing over your garden, we surely wont notice the neighbors property. I bought seeds for the salmon Alaska nasturtiums too. Of course I havent gotten around to planting them yet. I planted my Illustrius with a wire vine, several coleus Plum Frost, Gays Delight and Moonglow and geranium Black Magic Thanks again.

38 years is quite an accomplishment, congratulations Marie and hubby. Stunning photos. Im glad that you were sitting in your nicely painted basement instead of storm chasing.

Cindy, I know the feeling about bloom times. My best combos werent planned. LOL

Michelle

• chloehoover
    17 years ago

Post note -- Deanne - my Beverly Sills Iris NEVER looked that good -- and she got the royal heaveho after getting iris borer....amazing what different climates can do to a plant.

And Sue, that was some deal re the Sambucus you got for $9.95 - I think that's about the size of the plant I got from Song Sparrow last year (for twice that amount of course...but I Just HAD to have it *immediately*).... I got the Nepeta Little Titch & like it -- but it had a somewhat short bloom time on it... hope it reblooms.

Taryn - Im thankful all are at peace now. Good luck on the house!

Babs -isnt that wonderful when kids Finally get thru their "phase"/phobias - it's so painful & you feel so helpless when they're in the midst - what a big relief... growing onward and upwards. That's great.

--Cindy

• gardeningmary
    17 years ago

Good evening Idylls

Taryn - I hope there is peace now the end has come. More hugs for everyone. As you know, the grieving period is a journey all its own, with often unpredictable turns.

Sue and Deanne - those are some fabulous pictures. How lovely both your gardens are looking. Deanne - that red Iris is stunning. Do you know what its called?

GB - that is one scary storm cloud.

Babs- I bet that fabulous costume just made the musical. You must be so pround of AJ!

Here is a picture of Annie just before we left for her orchestra concert on Wednesday. My little girl has suddenly grown up - now when did that happen?

{{gwi:160302}}

Mary

• gardenbug
    17 years ago

Mary! I thought that was YOU! The resemblance is amazing. Don't tell Annie though, she might not want to hear that yet.

I managed to weed a chunk of the veg garden today. After the rain is always a good time. It went quite quickly. (2-3 hours so far) More tomorrow I hope! My friend is supposed to bring split rails for the arbors too. Please, no thunderstorms!

The crabapples, early clematis, tulips and so forth are fading. What did I expect after such a heat wave? It is always hard on me to see things move along that way. But the hawthorn trees, iris, roses and other plants are heavy with buds so of course there is plenty to look forward to.

Here is my tree peony with tons of blooms this year.
    {{gwi:160304}}

Sleep tight y'all!
    'bug

• triple_creek
    17 years ago

Taryn, words just never seem to express what I feel,and the end is never easy. It's good that everyone was somewhat prepared. I know Bruce will be missed terribly by Gigi and the boys as well as all his family and friends. God bless.
    Good luck with the house sale. Wishing you the best.

V, you and your brother are also in my thoughts.

GB, Happy anniversary. Those are some awesome shots. I'm glad you didn't have a repeat.
    It keeps thundering here and raining hard all around us , but we have had very little rain here.

I have been enjoying all pictures and posts. It has been a very hectic time around here lately so I just haven't been into Idylling. I'm hoping after this weekend things will settle down.

Mary, Annie certainly does look all grown up. Time flies doesn't it.

Best wishes to all. Hopefully I can ease back in here. Norma

• veronicastrum
    17 years ago

The fastest of fly-by posts here.

Taryn, I'm relieved that it went quickly for Bruce at the end. How very wonderful that you all had such a special time together not very long ago. My prayers will include his family as the next several days are sure to be tough.

I've scrolled through all the lovely photos and only stopped to read Taryn's posts. And I am boned-tired right now but I feel like I've accomplished some things in the last two days. I just wish those accomplishments were in the garden!

And in the "brush with fame" news department, several years ago I met a woman who devotes a lot of time to conservation issues in a nearby community. Her husband was just nominated to be Treasury Secretary!

Okay, time to bed...

V.

• just_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I can't sleep so thought I'd do some 'clean up' on the computer....and I decided that I'd finish up this Idyll tydll so that the first poster of the morning can start a new one.
    'night

T.