{{gwi:160643}}

{{gwi:160644}}

{{gwi:160645}}

{{gwi:160646}}

OK so it was a lot more pics. Sorry. Norma

Comments (13)

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

I thought it was not enough photos, Norma. :-) You have been busy with containers! I love the Shepard's Hook with the hanging baskets. Especially the cone shaped one. So different looking. Your coleus are very bright and cheerful and I'm wondering what the red flowers in photo #6 are and what is that variegated daisy in #7? You must be pleased with your progress. :-)

• deanneart
    14 years ago

Love, love, love these Norma! Beautiful containers.

Deanne

• gardenbug
    14 years ago

Well now I'm wondering where my coreopsis went to! That's a lovely photo of contrasting textures! So Norma, I'm sure you have more photos than that.... ;)

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

Norma, I love the grouping with the Hostas , the wagon wheel etc -the composition is very pleasing to me. I'm on board with PM on the cone shaped basket-I've seen those around from time to time-they are really cool looking. I had thought the Sedum with the Coreopsis was Frosty Morn , but I'm not so sure now -Do you have an ID ?

I hope you're camera will come and play with us more often -these have been a wonderful glimpse into your garden

Kathy in Napa

• Lara Noles
    14 years ago

Never too many pictures Norma! My favorite is the container full of purple. Nice job on both the containers and other combos. Always looking for combo ideas from you guys that I can copy....Idylls have the bestest ideas!

Eden

• anitamo
    14 years ago

You have a very artful eye. Everything looks so beautifully put together. I especially like the wagon wheel bed, very restful looking. Is that a creeping veronica I see? I have one, but can't remember the name off hand. I like it.

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

Beautiful!!! All of it. I espacially like the trailing Tradescantia, striped wandering jew. I used to have that but it got lost somehow. :-(
    I seem to remember having the all purple one too....and a green striped one. I don't seen to have any of them now. Can't imagine why...

That is a gorgeous coleus.

• triple_creek
    Original Author
    14 years ago

A few more sedums
    {{gwi:160647}}
    a hosta mix
    {{gwi:160648}}
    Huge Sum and Substance
    {{gwi:160649}}

{{gwi:160650}}
    Jackmania, its really darker than this
    {{gwi:160652}}
    The native dogwood that has split
    {{gwi:160653}}

• triple_creek
    Original Author
    14 years ago

PM, the red flower is on 'Purple Robe' Rockfoil /Saxifraga. New to me this year.
    The varigated plant is a veronica, with a daisy hanging over. Those daisies will all have to be cut back soon as they are starting to flop all over. I can only enjoy them for a short while because they reseed so badly.

Kathy, I looked for the tag but couldn't find it. I think that is Autumn Charm. Why can't I keep up with all those tags?

Anita, I did find that tag. It is Veronica prostrata 'Goldwell'

Thanks for all the kind comments.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

Norma....I love Saxifraga but I don't think I have good enough drainage for it. That is one of the prettiest I've seen. I have not seen a variegated veronica before. I wonder what color it blooms? Is it a creeping veronica, like Georgia Blue? That native dogwood is very pretty, I hope you can save it. I have a Cornus racemosa that is native, I am waiting for it to bloom. Don't you just love the creeping sedums? They are so easy to get along with.

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

Norma, I use a system of zip-lock bags that I keep in my garage. I write the bed or area name on the label spot provided on the bag, and the tags are put in the bag corresponding to it's placement in the garden. If I move a plant I move its tag to the appropriate baggie- I started doing this a couple years ago because the tags seem to either dissapear or disentigrate !

Great photos ! I love the Hostas and the Sedums ...

Kathy in Napa

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

I'm going to have to investigate this dogwood issue in more detail.... Why do I keep running across these lovely plants when I'm running out of room in the garden?!

• chloehoover
    14 years ago

Norma -- these are glorious. I especially am taken with the way you are playing/echoing or contrasting the textures and foliage colors -- very artfully. Something I fail at terribly -- they all strike me as very inventive combinations. Just love 'em -- more, more, more please!

Im gonna be up all nite taking notes to copy, LOL.

-cindy