Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_zone4

Out on the farm on a June day

michelle_zone4
14 years ago

This evening the sun actually peeked out and I was able to do a decent walat. Here are the results.

Tree peony bloom, there were only 3 this year after a hard winter.

{{gwi:160677}}

The first rose to bloom, 'Therese Bugnett'

{{gwi:160678}}

Laura:

{{gwi:160680}}

Dictamnus and dianthus:

{{gwi:160682}}

P. 'Diablo'

{{gwi:160683}}

{{gwi:160684}}

Lots of columbine:

{{gwi:160685}}

Comments (11)

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

Michelle, everything is looking wonderful! I can see you've been working hard. What a gorgeous Yellow Peony! The center of it is so rich. I also like that Laura Clematis. Your Diablo Ninebark looks a lot like my Summer Wine Ninebark. I didn't realize they were so close in looks. I am enjoying mine and it is still small. I hope your weather levels out for you soon. Secret garden, next? [g]

• gardenbug
    14 years ago

Glad you finally got to WALAT in some sunshine! I am particularly fond of that shade of yellow. My tree peony, which is pink, only has one bud this year. If it gets too many though, they are heavy and flop, so three may be just the right number! The second last picture is so nice and I like that we can see your potting shed area and bird bath too. :)

• triple_creek
    14 years ago

Michelle your tree peony is a lovely yellow. I think I read somewhere that 'Therese Bugnett' is a diease free shrub rose. Is that correct? I like her color too.
    I love your rock borders. I wish we had the more rounded rocks here. But I guess I wouldn't want to be picking them up out of the fields all the time. LOL There is always a drawback isn't there? Norma

• deanneart
    14 years ago

Really beautiful Michelle! Love that tree peony. And your C. 'Laura' is wonderful. I'd not seen that one before. What a beauty!

Deanne

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

The dictamus and dianthus combination is my top pick - I'll have to get a pink dictamus now.... :-) And the rock walls are outstanding - round rocks are so hard to arrange and you've done a fabulous job.

• Lara Noles
    14 years ago

Lovely Michelle. Is that yellow TP High Noon? I planted that one last year and got a couple of blooms this year but yours looks to be a bit softer yellow. I really like that shade! I need the clem. Laura for obvious reasons :) And I believe I need to throw some dianthus under my dictamnus. They look perfect together. One could never tell you've had a tough spring by how good your gardens are looking!

Eden

• anitamo
    14 years ago

Beautiful Michelle! I love that tree peony. Everything looks healthy and lush, especially considering all the wind you've been getting. It doesn't look like it's affected your gardens at all.

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

Michelle, as always I love to see pics of your garden-everything looks in top condition ! What apretty Clem that Laura is- and I fear I must admire Dictamnus from afar as our winters are not cold enough to grow them here (I guess that is to my advantage)and I agree that is a very nice combo !

Thanks for sharing, can't wait for the next edition !

Kathy in Napa

• michelle_zone4
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks all. I'm glad I was able to photograph the garden in such a way that it looks well kept. I kept the weeds out of the pics ;o)

I'm really pleased with my 3 dictamnus this year. They are slow to establish but worth the wait. They really are very hardy and easy to grow.

Eden, the peony was supposed to be 'Kinkaku' which is more orangy, but obviously it was mislabeled. Actually the 'Laura' shot was a few days ago and I noticed last night it looked even prettier.

PM, the secret garden doesn't look like much yet since its mostly annuals.

Norma, 'Therese Bugnett' is really a good diease free shrub rose. I think the blooms look like a party dress.

Michelle

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

Michelle, you have such a beautiful place, and so well tended. I love all of your pics.

• chloehoover
    14 years ago

It's looking magical as always, Michelle -- I love the rock borders and the color combinations -- and everything looks like it's so healthy! and the room to grow more....

I actually have a Cl. Laura but I dont think it likes where it is -- it's nice to see how a healthy, well placed on looks, LOL -- beautiful....

-cindy

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting