Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deanneart

Virtual Garden Tour - photo heavy

deanneart
13 years ago

All is in readiness for our garden tour tomorrow and Sunday so I spent some time yesterday documenting all the hard work with my camera. I thought youÂd enjoy a virtual tour.

Our side door has become the spot for my starter succulent collection. The only plant IÂve had a while is the jade plant next to the chair which is about 25 years old. I love my ÂLisa Leaf featured in this vignette.

{{gwi:160728}}

Looking across the containers on the steps toward the rose garden

{{gwi:160731}}

IÂve high hopes for this container between the garage doors. I saw that Pennisetum ÂPurple Prince at Tower Hill last summer and ordered it from WFF this spring.

{{gwi:160734}}

Love this purple/chartreuse petunia

{{gwi:160735}}

Love all the chartreuse and yellow in the driveway garden right now

{{gwi:160737}}

The container border in the front is filling in nicely

{{gwi:160739}}

{{gwi:160741}}

This vignette really looks great when those lilies open up. Any day now, they are also about ten days early.

{{gwi:160743}}

The east garden

{{gwi:160746}}

Manhattan lilies are looking great against the trellis with the clematis

{{gwi:160748}}

I found this pot at Home Goods and was over the moon with how perfectly it matches the fence color. The double white flowered brug is setting tons of buds and should pop in the next couple weeks.

{{gwi:160749}}

One of my favorite vignettes featuring red and chartreuse plants and containers

{{gwi:160750}}

Looking up the hill from the shade garden

{{gwi:160751}}

Hope you enjoyed the virtual garden tour. There are more pics on the link to my gallery below.

Deanne

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Gallery

Comments (8)

• gardenbug
    13 years ago

Well first off, Fabu-Fabu!

Saucy's leaf..WOW!

Love the Euphorbia "Diamond Frost" used throughout...the beautiful orange container in the third photo...the Cleome Senorita Rosalita and pink & chartreuse petunias (I hate petunias...there you go again!)...your hillside view.

I hope you have a great weekend with wonderful people - and good questions from them. I'd like to see that eighth photo repeated once the lilies bloom!

• chloehoover
    13 years ago

Nothing better than having my awfice morning coffee and sitting virtually with a glorious roam thru Deanne's gardens. Thanks, Deanne -- I have to tell you - the photos show up a lot better here than on thru FB and I am really enjoying them larger and more detailed --

I confess I bought my first caladium last weekend because of you, LOL -- we'll see how I do with it - nothing to compare with your luscious combos, but they are all so inspiring. Can't wait to see your the rest of your lilies this year!

Thanks for taking the time to share these with us -- it's almost as good as being there - almost but not quite...

-Cindy

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    13 years ago

The local garden tour here is on Sunday - I'm sure we'll not see anything that even comes close to the show you're putting on!

How long does it take you to water all those pots and how often do you do it? I spent 20-30 min. watering a few of the front pots this morning and was ready to slash the pop population immediately! Sun, heat, and standing with a hose in my hand, just doesn't agree with me :-) so I can't imagine doing it on that scale! It looks gorgeous but....!!

Saucy - that leaf... WOW!

• michelle_zone4
    13 years ago

Spectacular! I agree with Woody, I never seen any garden on a tour that can compare with the treat yours is. Have a great time - you've earned it.

Michelle

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

So fabu Deanne ! What an artist you are..bet your garden visitors were wow'd by it all-lucky them !

Kathy in Napa

• deanneart
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks so much everyone! Yesterday was a huge success. Lots of people here and many knowledgable gardeners. They especially loved the the climbing hydrangea. You can tell the real gardeners because they admired a green vine that isn't in bloom! Also can tell the real gardeners by the ones who commented and admired the foliage in the shade gardens more than the lilies blooming right now, LOL

Woody, I laughed yesterday because that was one of the most frequently asked questions, How long does it take you to water all this and do you have an irrigation system. Some folks just shook their heads when I said it was all done by hand. So to answer your question, one to two hours a day are spent watering pots. And I actually enjoy being outside early in the day doing it. Silly me. I get to view and check on every plant in my gardens every morning.

Deanne

• defrost49
    13 years ago

What a treat to see Deanne's gardens for real and they were definitely by far the most inspiring and colorful on the tour. It was a very hot day but the shady area in the last photo is at a much higher elevation than the street and gets a breeze.
    Deanne built all the stone walls from stone on the property. Where there wasn't much color, such as a tree in a shady area, Deanne has pots of flowers hanging from a limb. It doesn't matter how much sun or what the soil composition, Deanne has it planted. I think some of us ignore those difficult areas but she didn't. I've made the mistake of trying to grow plants in conditions that just weren't right for them and been disappointed.
    Many thanks, Deanne and Doug.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Thanks for the tour, Deanne. Everything looks amazing and I love Saucy's leaf on the wall-very cool idea for that very cool piece!

Now, I am feeling the need to go pull weeds after seeing the perfection in your garden. Phew. I think I can resist for a tad longer. ;) I haven't been here in a while, so time to catch up with everyone on the Idyll's thread.

Thanks again for all those pics-marvelous!