Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Phoebe Graduates

gardenbug
15 years ago

Tonight is Phoebe's last day of evening classes...until I sign her up for more later on! If she does OK tonight, she'll be getting her first diploma.

And so, at six months, this is what our independent minded girl can do.

Sit on command

{{gwi:161426}}

Stand on command (sometimes)

{{gwi:161427}}

"Down" on command

{{gwi:161428}}

"Jump" (up or down) on command

{{gwi:161429}}

Roll over on command

{{gwi:161430}}

Retrieve (if she feels like it)

{{gwi:161431}}

{{gwi:161432}}

And, to keep up the tradition set by Charlotte and DD's dogs, Phoebe can climb the willow.

{{gwi:161434}}

There's plenty more work to be done, but there's hope!

'bug

Comments (15)

• Jerri_OKC
    15 years ago

Congratulations 'bug and Phoebe!!! Pheobe you are looking so grown up. ;)

Jerri

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Phoebe is so beautiful! I knew she could do it! Obviously, a very intelligent and charming dog. Her coat is so BLACK! Her energy just jumps off the page and she appears to be having a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing her photos, G'bug.

:-)
    pm2

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    15 years ago

Phoebe has a pretty impressive range of skills there - and is VERY cute to boot! At the farmers' market last Saturday there was a large, shaggy black dog with a gray face and a long curly tail. It looked quite a bit like a Bouvier in need of a haircut so we asked what it was. The owner said 3/4 Bouvier and 1/4 English sheep dog. It was an interesting combination and remined both Randy and me strongly of Charlotte...

• anitamo
    15 years ago

Great job Phoebe! This must be a relief for you to have such a well behaved puppy. She is beautiful, 'bug, and I know she brings you and DH much joy. Thanks for sharing.

• chelone
    15 years ago

Patience, practice, praise (and beatings, don't forget the beatings).

I knew you two (three??) could do it! What happy news, and I'm still smiling. :)

We have been pleasantly surprised by the reaction of the staff at the veterinary office. All have said how nice it is to have a well-trained dog in the exam room. Even with all the painful manipulations and unpleasant experiences Wrecks has endured, he's still friendly, trusting, and compliant to every request. Even when neither the helpmeet or I have been there. "You spend a lot to time with Rex, don't you?". "It's nice to see a dog that is trained in basic commands; it makes everything so much easier for all involved.". It meant a lot to hear that.

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Congrats to Phoebe.. how bouncy she looks ! At least you don't have to buy her a car or a laptop for her grad gift! A squeaky toy would probably do just fine...Well done !

Kathy in Napa

• triple_creek
    15 years ago

Way to go Pheobe and Bug! Wonderful descriptive photos too.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Graduation went fine...but there's a very long way to go. There will be many more classes and practice sessions. She's a teen ager and very willful.
    Tonight she got to practice a few agility jumps. I'd like to do a bit of agility fun with her if I can find the money. The same teacher does this and it is a great way to bond with a dog!

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Great job, Marie and Phoebe ! I can almost feel your pride. :-)

I love Chelone's report on Wrecks, too. :-)

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, the fork of the tree is a bit high for Phoebe so far, so DH gave her a boost. You have to watch that big dogs don't overdo it when they are this young. They say even a German Shepherd should be 18 months old before attempting high jumps.

Thanks friends, working with her has been fun most of the time...We still need to work on quick responses with her. Very important. Charlotte never did learn those, but Phoebe CAN do it, that I know.

• ctlavluvr
    15 years ago

Any teenager that responds positively to any kind of authority is good in my book :-)

Congrats Phoebe, 'bug and Professor!!

Martie

• chloehoover
    15 years ago

So, 'bug - did you shed a tear when she "graduated", LOL? She's a doll and you've so captured her spirit. Looking forward to many more years of fun pics and stories of Ms. Phoebe and her travels & travails.

-Cindy

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Did you say travails?
    Yesterday, on the way to collect the new vehicle, she ate 2 pairs of sunglasses and the car cables. This is no doubt only the beginning of a long haul of teenage/teething behaviour. This morning it was the wastebasket contents: a pencil, papers, etc... Sigh.

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

She sure has grown and seems to have learned alot. I like the shot of her on the rock in the garden.

• Monique z6a CT
    15 years ago

Congratulations to Phoebe! Well done!

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022