Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_zone4

The Garden in full swing

michelle_zone4
14 years ago

The garden is now in full swing. With nearly a daily shower most things are looking great.

The garage sale mirror

{{gwi:161438}}

The fairy garden

{{gwi:161440}}

A few clematis

Marmori

{{gwi:161441}}

Nelly Moser

{{gwi:161442}}

Arabella

{{gwi:161443}}

Peonies

{{gwi:161444}}

{{gwi:161446}}

I like this combination. Frosty Morn is a slow grower compared to most sedums but it was worth the wait.

{{gwi:161447}}

{{gwi:161448}}

Colorful scene out by the road

{{gwi:161450}}

The Butterfly Garden:

{{gwi:161452}}

Thanks for spending some time in my garden

Michelle

Comments (15)

• Lara Noles
    14 years ago

Michelle, it's all looking beautiful! Great mirror! Of course I love the fairy garden. Is that moss you have growing in it? Everything looks so well groomed and healthy. Yours is one of my very favorite gardens :) Thanks for the tour!

Eden

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

Everything is looking great! When I think of your garden, it is that wonderful shed that comes to mind first... What a beautiful feature you've made of that!

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

Ah Michelle, you never disappoint ! I love that Iris ! Do you know it's name ? Everything looks so fresh and healthy- that is the benfit of summer rain I expect. One of my favorite features of your garden is the row of mature conifers acting as a dramatic backdrop for your 'curvy' bed. This will be a multiple view photo thread for sure ..thanks you for thinking of us before you head off to the tropics ..

Kathy in Napa

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

So, you are off to Florida tomorrow, Michelle. I am sure you are going to have a wonderful time. Lots of swimming perhaps. How long will you be gone? The garden is really looking lovely. I found your Peony photo so pretty. With the white arch and the white table in the background. Everything looks perfectly cared for. Wondering if the shrub near the shed is a Deutzia or Philadelphus? The Arabella clematis with the Blue sphere near it is such a nice combo. Nelly Moser is looking so happy. Very cute little miniature garden too.

• gardenbug
    14 years ago

Do you have photos of the secret garden to show Kenzie? I hope so!

Everything is looking so wonderful! I hope it rains while you are gone so that everything looks great when you return. (except weeds)

Your garden is not only about plants and their foliage, but also about artistic finds and cozy seating areas...not that I imagine you sitting around very much. ;) I like your use of yellow foliage with nearby purples. I'm still learning about using chartreuse....

• triple_creek
    14 years ago

Well Michelle it seems like it took along time for you to be able to get out in the garden due to weather but you sure have made up for lost time. It looks lovely and your pictures have such depth. Your combinations are great and the clematis all look so healthy. Wish I could grow them like that. The view with the garden shed looks so english.
    Love the sedum and blue fescue grass. I may have to copy that one.

How are you getting Rick away from the farm long enough for a trip to Florida? Enjoy your family and vacation time.

Norma

• anitamo
    14 years ago

It's all so beautifully lush and full. You are an artist! Have a great time in Florida.

• flowerluvr
    14 years ago

Michelle, everything looks PERFECT! What a nice find that mirror was. I've been threatening to pitch 'Frosty Morn' for quite some time. You may have spared it for yet another season. I hope you have a wonderful time in Florida, and soak up lots and lots of hugs while you're there!
    Take care,
    Brenda

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

It is really very beautiful, and perfect! I love it.

• michelle_zone4
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You gals are great! Closeup things aren't nearly so perfect.

Eden, that is moss or fairy grass ;o)

Kathy, I probably have the iris info somewhere, but not in the garden database that I keep in Excel like it should be. I like the way the buds are tinged in purple.

LOL Norma, I told him that I was going and he doesn't like to be left out. Seriously we weren't sure he would go, especially if he didn't get done spraying.

PM, we will return on the 4th. The shrub is Philadelphus coronarius 'Aureus'

'bug, I actually didn't think about a picture. I had recently sent her a video, but I will have to add a picture to my Photobucket and we can just pull it up on their computer.

Thanks again, it means so much to have such nice comments from those who "get it"

Michelle

• chelone
    14 years ago

Michelle, your home and gardens are lovely. It's clear you've spent a lot of time thinking about things and preparing the areas well.

What's the mirror made of? how much did you have to fork over to bring it home? I love it! And I love the variEgated sedum and the grass combination, too. The foliage contrast really appeals to me as does the glaucus foliage.

I hear ya on the "close up" comment, lol. But who cares when the overall effect is so great?!

• chloehoover
    14 years ago

Well, Im bummed - hope to start my day with this, Michelle but you're using picturetrail, piffle -verboten at the ofc apparently... I'll look forward to looking tonite.

-cindy

• deanneart
    14 years ago

Wowza Michelle!!!!! Everything is looking gorgeous! Your clematis are so beautiful. I'd like to find that C. 'Marmori'. What a beauty! All your combinations are really lovely. What an artistic and beautifully crafted garden. Thanks for sharing.

Deanne

• chloehoover
    14 years ago

Well, this is my dessert treat tonite - and what a confection. Michelle, I just love it all -- and am definitely struck by the grass and Frosty Morn sedum -- I've got lots of the FM sedum as I like its looks too; but it is already pretty large here; I often cut it back as well about May.

You've made it quite a fantasy land -- and that fairy garden makes me want to create one just for me!

--cindy

• michelle_zone4
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Checking in while Kenzie naps after a long day at the pool.
    Chelone, its just a regular mirror and I only paid $3 for it. I got another one as well but haven't placed it yet.

Thanks again
    Michelle