Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Ittybittybug

gardenbug
16 years ago

Today is Sarah's 31st birthday and we are planning a celebration day. Not only is there a very tiny perfect little boy to adore, but there other surprise gifts, her DH off work, my DH recently arrived from Toronto...etc.

All is VERY well indeed. Baby so far is not named as girl names were resolved, not boy names! He arrived June 17th, at home as planned, in the hot tub. He was expected to arrive on July 3rd or after, so is indeed the most punctual member on either side of the family! His step brother was present and thrilled to have a boy he says, because sisters "kiss their brothers...YUCK!" In any case, he has shared many kisses with the baby anyway! Baby weighed in at 6 pounds.

Although I have taken many photos I am not able to figure it all out yet here, but will add some at a later date.

I am just so very happy and thank my many friends who made it possible for me to leave suddenly, caring for our cats, rabbits, Charlotte and the gardens. Life is grand!

Comments (22)

• just_t
    16 years ago

Congratulations Marie and welcome to Ittybittybug!

• wendy2
    16 years ago

Oh 'bug, congratulations - how wonderful. Glad everything went well and that you are there to share in the happiness. Looking forward to his picture debut here on the Idylls!

• saucydog
    16 years ago

Congratulations to the Gardenbug family!

Saucy

• deanneart
    16 years ago

Woohoo!!!! Congratulations Bug. What marvelous news. Can't wait to see pictures.

Deanne

• Monique z6a CT
    16 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

Wonderful, wonderful news and a very warm welcome to the littlest gardenbug. There's a use for the hot tub I hadn't considered though water births are quite popular in England. I'll have the biggest smile all day thining of your news and look forward to those ittybitty photos.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing this with us.

Mary

• drema_dianne
    16 years ago

Congratulations to all of you! Babies are a blessing.

D.

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    16 years ago

That's exciting news! Congratulations to all of you!

• flowerluvr
    16 years ago

Oh, yay, Marie! I'm so happy for ya! You and the family enjoy every minute of it!! :) Can't wait to see pictures!
    Brenda

• chelone
    16 years ago

I've just returned home to learn that Ittybitty has already begun basking in the the beauty of life on Mother Earth. How terrific. And hooray for home births!

Soak up every minute of this very, very special time. :)

(what will you plant in honor of such an auspicious occasion?)

• flowerluvr
    16 years ago

OH! Happy Birthday, Sarah! Got all excited about the baby's arrival and forgot to say that..sorry!
    Brenda

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS Marie!! How great that we have a new little Idyll baby to watch grow and hear tales of. What a sweet little guy to not make you all wait around too! I can't wait to see him and hear his name. I'm so happy for you all!

Eden

• Marian_2
    16 years ago

WOW ! Congrats, Marie and all! Marie, you are almost the same age as I was when I got my first grandchild.
    Hold that precious bundle as long and as often as you can. They grow up much too fast.

• babs_clare
    16 years ago

OH! Happy HAPPY JOY! It's a BOY!! : ) Congrats to your family Marie! How excited everyone must be at the newly arrived babe. Send biggest hugs to baby's big brother~it's a big job/honor to be the head honcho of the sibs,you know.
    I look forward to hearing more as the days go by.

~Babs

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    16 years ago

Congrats to all!

Sue

• Full_Bloom
    16 years ago

I am so tickled to read the news! :-) Congratulations Sarah & family and congratulations NanaMarie & Grandpa too! ;-)

What a wonderful birthday present Sarah! :-) My son was born the day before my birthday and I have to say, it was the best birthday present ever...and fit perfectly too... Thank goodness...I think he might have been a little too hard to return...LOL!) :-)

Just wanted to pop in and share the joy!

Don Herold
    Babies are such a nice way to start people. :-)

Alan Marshall Beck
    Boys are found everywhere -- on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. (And hereÂs my favorite part of the quote....) A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket.

What are little boys, made of?
    Frogs and snails,
    And puppy dog tails,
    That's what little boys, are made of.

And of course I couldn't sign out without a little song....

The Beatles - Mother nature's son
    Born a poor young country boy mother nature's son
    All day long I'm sitting singing songs for everyone.
    Sit beside a mountain stream see her waters rise
    Listen to the pretty sound of music as she flies.
    Find me in my field of grass mother nature's son
    Swaying daises sing a lazy song beneath the sun.
    Mother nature's son.

P.S. Hi to all the Idylls...you are always in my fondest thoughts...

Ei

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

Congratulations and I'm so happy that all went well and you have a healthy grandson.

Michelle

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

All the best to you 'bug and welcome Mr. Bitty ! Ei, so glad you checked in and as always with just the right poetic aspect.

Another potential gardener has arrived !

Kathy in the Napa Valley

• ctlavluvr
    16 years ago

Marie: Congratulations to All!!!!

"It is an amazing thing that something so fresh from heaven to the earth could bring so much love." A friend's take when Ky was born and absolutely right!!!!!

Martie

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

'Life is grand!' (Cute :-)

So! Happy birthday to Ittbitty and happy grandparenting to 'Bug.

• vegangirl
    16 years ago

Congratulations!!!

• triple_creek
    16 years ago

So happy to hear that baby is here and all is well.
    Ei's post says things so well. Congratulations to all!
    I'm excited for you and family. Norma