Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IU7...Filoli

Posted by dodgerdudette NapaCaz9 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 30, 10 at 10:50

This public garden is located in an upscale area south of San Francisco, the former estate of a wealthy shipping family, now protected by a foundation.

Viewing Saucy across the pond

From Idyllunion 7

One of many wisteria covered walls

From Idyllunion 7

You can barely see an Idyll-cluster in the distance.

From Idyllunion 7

Sunny D , Drema and Saucy look fetching under Sally Holmes

From Idyllunion 7

If only I'd had a cool filter on my camera like V and Saucy this may have not washed out so badly--hopefully they will contribute their own views of this awesome border

From Idyllunion 7

Pondering the ID..

From Idyllunion 7

If they were looking for blackspot, they probably found it !

From Idyllunion 7

The fabu-fabu knot garden

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

Through the copper beech hedge

From Idyllunion 7

The succulent-walled dovecote

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IU7...Filoli

What an interesting place! That dovecote is incredible! The knot garden is very, very cool. I love all the color.

o

Are the doves inmates or are they able to leave via the top?

I simply cannot accept that such a place indeed exists... and that the conspiracy has been so successful that its existence is within 30 miles of the Compound... ;)

Just beautiful. You must have had such a great time.

o

Wow, wow, wow, absolutely sublime! What wonderful photos of this remarkable garden Kathy, many thanks!
Deanne

o

Our Book Club met on Monday evening to discuss The Art Instinct. Each chapter is worth an evening's debate. I made the point that a garden could be a piece of art, something the author discounts, and I think I was convincing. In any case Keeyla's gardens and the succulents and knot gardens here are further ammunition for my arguments.

o

Is this a thread to add pics of Filioli? Hope so, I will try to put up different ones than you have Kathy. How did I miss that Dovecote???? Must go back.

o

Add away Drema ! The dovecote was at the entrance to the mansion...

Kathy in Napa

o

Running out of superlatives, folks!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here