Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
June at the Farm, 2

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 10, 09 at 15:29

There are clematis beginning to bloom at last.

Tiny Lord herschell.

Dawn

Crispa, smaller than a thimble.

My early mystery white one:

And here is my Gillian Blades, not likely to bloom this year because of lots of die back from the cold winter.

In the flats there is lots of color!

Buds on a young native tree.

Thalictrum Black Stockings

The Dictamnus in an island bed is in flower too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: June at the Farm, 2

I've enjoyed all your picture, GB! I looked for a dictamnus while I was poking around on Plant Delights, but they didn't have one!

You must have a magic wand to keep up with it all!

Saucy

o

I love Gillians teutur(sp?) anyway it sure is pretty.

Your hostas all looks so fresh.

I think I would like to try the Thalictrum Black Stockings, and maybe some dictamnus too .

o

I think Gillian's tuteur is very elegant! I bought that clematis a couple of years ago for a friend who has a daughter named Gillian. I wonder if it survived - Pam is very good at killing plants :-) I'll have to remember to ask about it....

o

That tuteur is to die for, 'bug! Even your hostas look wonderful accompaniments to the rest of the lovely plants - such a delight!

-cindy

o

Nice to see some clematis blooms, and one of your tuteurs. That photo looks so Victorian...love it.

o

Marie, I know I looked at this thread, but I must of been out of time, I thought I had left a comment. Especially since I just love so many of your plants. That white Dictamnus and the mystery white clematis are so pretty. That's one of the prettiest tuteurs I've seen. All your hostas look so fresh and carefree. I guess you don't battle slugs, like Kathy. I like the combo with the primula and what looks like a small Full Moon Maple. Thanks for sharing!

o

Maie, looks like June is bursting out all over at your place. I really like the tuteur, too.

o

I think every spot of your farm is well tended and lovely.
Nice blooms on the Thalictrum. I didn't see a one on mine. Mine is the common T. aquilegifolium.

o

So there you are! :) Marian, only in photos does everything look well tended. Photos lie. ;) (Except Deanne's!)

o

Things are looking very lush and soothing. I've looked for the white dictamnus and only have found the pink. You've done a great job with the photography and hiding the untended parts ;o) I enjoy your gardens very much.

Michelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here