Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Celebrating

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 17, 10 at 17:35

This week DD and DSIL are working on the Reed Playground at the North Country Fair. Today is Reed's 3rd Birthday, and although it could well be a downer of a day, I can't help but be delighted to have known him. What an enchanting kiddo he was and his spirit lives on.

I guess I wanted to share that...with a few photos.

"I am the sunlight on the ripened grain"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Celebrating

Oh my! I had forgotten that today is Reed's birthday. What a beautiful child he was. And what a nice reminder of how loved he remains.

You must miss him terribly. ((('bug)))

o

Thank you for sharing these, GB. I feel like I knew him...and I guess I did, through you.

What a beautiful smile and his personality shines right through the photos.

I wish I could hug you, friend.

Saucy

o

A loving tribute with such poignant photos, 'bug. I must have come to the Idyll's after this devastating loss for your family, however it does not diminish the shock and sorrow I'm feeling right. Now I understand reference to Reed's moon and garden.

Need a little time to regroup here...

o

I love that every full moon is a "Reed Moon". Makes me smile every time I see one and reminds me of all the dear souls that comprise my "virtual" community!

o

I love the full Reed Moon each month, too! I also think of you all :)

o

As each anniversary passes, the joy and light that were Reed will overcome the sadness and sorrow - eventually-- you were lucky to have such joy in your life, Marie -- and such lovely photos that capture it. We too were lucky you shared him with us during that time.

One can see where Ivy is definitely related to her brother too -- the infectious smiles and twinkling eyes!!

-- Thinking of you.

Cindy

o

Bug, thanks for posting those pics, and reminding us. He was a special little guy, and brought joy to a lot of people, even those who didn't get to meet him in person. What a smile!

Drema

o

He shone with joy in those pictures - a short life but a brilliant one!

o

Thanks for joining me here and sending virtual hugs.

o

Bug, I was certainly enchanted by Reed. His pictures always made me smile. I'm happy you shared these photos to refresh the visuals of Him and how precious he was to all his family.

Norma

o

He indeed was a little sweetheart that brought much joy to so many. I'm glad that you can "celebrate" his life. How wonderful it is that you have so many photos. I too think of him each time I see the full moon. Hugs to you friend.

Michelle

o

What a dear sweet child Reed was. Of all the smiles I've seen in my life, his is one for the record books. A truly delightful and beautiful celebration of what life is. I love how you give tribute to him in so many different ways. Hugs to you, bug.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here