Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Celebrating

gardenbug
13 years ago

This week DD and DSIL are working on the Reed Playground at the North Country Fair. Today is Reed's 3rd Birthday, and although it could well be a downer of a day, I can't help but be delighted to have known him. What an enchanting kiddo he was and his spirit lives on.

I guess I wanted to share that...with a few photos.

{{gwi:163476}}

{{gwi:163477}}

{{gwi:146502}}

{{gwi:163479}}

{{gwi:163480}}

{{gwi:163481}}

{{gwi:163482}}

{{gwi:163483}}

{{gwi:163484}}

{{gwi:163485}}

"I am the sunlight on the ripened grain"

Comments (12)

• chelone
    13 years ago

Oh my! I had forgotten that today is Reed's birthday. What a beautiful child he was. And what a nice reminder of how loved he remains.

You must miss him terribly. ((('bug)))

• saucydog
    13 years ago

Thank you for sharing these, GB. I feel like I knew him...and I guess I did, through you.

What a beautiful smile and his personality shines right through the photos.

I wish I could hug you, friend.

Saucy

• candy_j
    13 years ago

A loving tribute with such poignant photos, 'bug. I must have come to the Idyll's after this devastating loss for your family, however it does not diminish the shock and sorrow I'm feeling right. Now I understand reference to Reed's moon and garden.

Need a little time to regroup here...

• chelone
    13 years ago

I love that every full moon is a "Reed Moon". Makes me smile every time I see one and reminds me of all the dear souls that comprise my "virtual" community!

• saucydog
    13 years ago

I love the full Reed Moon each month, too! I also think of you all :)

• chloehoover
    13 years ago

As each anniversary passes, the joy and light that were Reed will overcome the sadness and sorrow - eventually-- you were lucky to have such joy in your life, Marie -- and such lovely photos that capture it. We too were lucky you shared him with us during that time.

One can see where Ivy is definitely related to her brother too -- the infectious smiles and twinkling eyes!!

-- Thinking of you.

Cindy

• drema_dianne
    13 years ago

Bug, thanks for posting those pics, and reminding us. He was a special little guy, and brought joy to a lot of people, even those who didn't get to meet him in person. What a smile!

Drema

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    13 years ago

He shone with joy in those pictures - a short life but a brilliant one!

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for joining me here and sending virtual hugs.

• triple_creek
    13 years ago

Bug, I was certainly enchanted by Reed. His pictures always made me smile. I'm happy you shared these photos to refresh the visuals of Him and how precious he was to all his family.

Norma

• michelle_zone4
    13 years ago

He indeed was a little sweetheart that brought much joy to so many. I'm glad that you can "celebrate" his life. How wonderful it is that you have so many photos. I too think of him each time I see the full moon. Hugs to you friend.

Michelle

• anitamo
    13 years ago

What a dear sweet child Reed was. Of all the smiles I've seen in my life, his is one for the record books. A truly delightful and beautiful celebration of what life is. I love how you give tribute to him in so many different ways. Hugs to you, bug.