Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IU7..Mendocino Part 1

Posted by dodgerdudette NapaCaz9 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 30, 10 at 19:44

A private tour from the owner Deborah..the display borders at Digging Dog, one of my favorite gardens here in Northern California

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

Here you go Chelone--this Digging Cat joined us on the tour.

From Idyllunion 7

Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

Idylling on the cliffs above the Pacific

From Idyllunion 7

An action shot of a Sue Update !

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

The Woman of Mystery

From Idyllunion 7

From Idyllunion 7

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IU7..Mendocino Part 1

Loving the colors and textures here...and thinking of Kaveh at this spot several years ago.

o

How absolutely fabulous Kathy! wonderful gardens and wonderful people touring the gardens. Looks like it was very cool there by the amount of fleece I see the Idyllers sporting.

I absolutely love the swaths of color in photo #13. Are those heathers? So very beautiful.

Thanks for taking the time to share these great images.

Deanne

o

Kathy, thanks for sharing these. Next best thing to being there for me.

o

I like #10 and #18 too.....

I think I have that same shot of Sue from last year! LOL!

o

Deanne, Mendo Botanical has an awesome heather garden,I'll post some more pics if no one else does--it's a fave area for me...c'mon out and I'll take you there !

Kathy in Napa

o

And I'm adding a link to Digging Dog! Enjoy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Digging Dog Photos

o
RE: IU7..Botanical Gardens

And now the Botanical Gardens:

Here is a link that might be useful: Botanical Garden

o

I think I could live the rest of my life quite happily in a shack placed where SunnyD is standing in your slide show, Saucy! Wow.

o

• Posted by jak1 4 Ontario Can (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 1, 10 at 17:41

Aaaaah! Wish I'd been there!

Cheers,

Julie

o

The ocean shots look very familiar to me, though the perspective is different. Also, the rock formations are not like those across the street... much more volcanic in appearance. But the character of the water is the same. Bet it's cold!

What a lovely, leisurely trip through Fantasyland, Saucy! (really wish I'd been able to go).

o

I love seeing these pictures. It looks like there have been a great many changes since I was an intern there 7 years ago and I am really hoping to make a trip up there this year.

The garden terrace leading into the perennial garden is quite different. It used to be a wooden deck that over looked the garden but was not as inviting. The entrance was down a path to the left through the old nursery (which I believe also moved).

I commented in Saucy's album about the private garden. That is the old farmhouse that I lived in for 6 months while I was there. The tree fern by the front door has grown huge!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here