Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
removing skunk odor!

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 08 at 20:29

The key is to act QUICKLY! So have the ingredients in stock NOW and replace them as soon as you have used them. I hope you don't ever need them!

Skunk Spray Removal Recipe:

. 1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide
. 1/4 cup baking soda
. 1 teaspoon liquid soap (laundry or dishwashing soap)

NOTE: Hydrogen peroxide can be harmful in pets' eyes and may bleach dark coated fur. (But in an emergency, I'd rinse well and quickly & go for the blond look!)

My personal experience is that tomato juice does nothing but keep YOU busy.

Don't let your pet in the house until it has been well washed or else you'll need another product to clean the house!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: removing skunk odor!

Thanks, 'bug-you're a PEACH!! :) I shall lay in the supplies and keep them on hand always!
Brenda

o

The instructions are posted in my kitchen pantry as well as in the laundry room cupboard where the peroxide resides...Don't ever want to lose them! Once you've experienced it, you don't forget it. Unless you're a dog. I could hate dogs too Chelone....

o

To forever cement the moment in your memory I advise the following:

Be at that blissful stage when you are JUST drifting way from the shores of consciouness, Winken, Blinken, and Nod captaining the vessel...

Be awakened by the unmistakeable shriek of an animal confrontation...

Deal with the entire event clad only in your underpants, using a flashlight and the gardenhose to deliver the required water to the afflicted "bete domestique".

What's not to hate about a dog, you guys?

(You Tube could have made me a staH)

o

I have to say this stuff works great! My favorite dress for 'de-skunking' is a tee-shirt and undies. Chelone, our guys always corner the skunk in the foyer area so the scent lingers longer. ROFL.

Jerri

o

My dad was always very strong and cut/stacked firewood for the fireplace, even into his 70s and early 80s. One late fall evening their dog cornered a skunk on the front porch. The entire winters supply of wood was sprayed. We went to visit around Christmas of that year and the odor brought tears to my eyes!

Jerri -> Comes from frugal stock...

o

Oh Joy....seems I need this recipe right now.

Saucy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here