Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerri_okc

Idyll Pets

Jerri_OKC
15 years ago

The wonderful photo of the rare North American Miniature Tigress on the Idylls thread prompted me to start this thread. The only thing more lovely than Idyll gardens are Idyll pets. :)

Here is Catarina, Princess Kitty doing what she does best!

{{gwi:164007}}

Jerri

P.S. I finally got all the components in place to post photos again ;)

Comments (71)

• veronicastrum
    15 years ago

I was tired last night and didn't identify the dogs who had taken over the guest futon. Mystic is the black lab and Sunrise is the yellow lab. Penny is the red dog with the war wound. Poor thing - she had a nasty run-in with a raccoon in March that required 13 stitches to close. Then she crashed into the old coffee table at our house, knocked out a chunk of wood about four inches long and got 10 stitches about 8" back of where the previous ones were located. She belongs to my son's fiancee and loves to visit Mystic and Sunrise. Her owner got her from a shelter and thinks she may have a little pit bull in her background.

V.

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

Guess I should include the Psycho Kitty, hiding in the bushes last fall.
    {{gwi:164041}}

AS requested, the late Tasha 'playing' with Ted

{{gwi:164043}}

I never really liked this Penstemon anyway.

{{gwi:164045}}

• Jerri_OKC
    Original Author
    15 years ago

V, it just dawned on me what you were asking! LOL

I linked a 'Find the Pit Bull' test below. It's interesting to see the different breeds. ;)

Jerri

P.S. I was surprised how many trys it took me to find the correct dog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Find the Pit Bull

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

So nice to see faces of all the names I keep hearing about.
    Catarina is so white! Very pretty!
    Doobie cracks me up. What a ball of fur.
    Ted seems very refined. Very content.
    Poor Ebony. :-( She looks very put upon.
    Zeus looks like the heat has got him.
    What a quartet Woody! Looks like those three played hard that day.
    V...Poor Penny! She has such an elfin face and ears. Love Labs!
    Z-Money has such a sweet face. Love the flower.
    What a little cutie Chloe is. How do you keep her face so clean?
    Tommy...quite the bruiser!
    Trubby in the tubby. [g]
    Calliecat looking right into the camera...lol.
    Zoe and Nick could be twins.
    Nice to see Charlotte again. :-)
    Cats certainly seem to like containers.
    Two years in the bathroom? Didn't you name the turtles?
    MeToo that is the sweetest photo..lol
    Vita & Minou look so alike...they could be siblings!
    Ein such an intelligent face. A Corgi?
    Newt is very dramatic looking! LOVE that plant behind him. Succulent?
    Evie, part Siamese?
    Felony...? What a name!
    Joseph does look a little left out. [g]
    Zack and Molly, what a contrast!
    Psycho Kitty...still looking Psycho! I think it is the eyes and expression.
    Kathy...that photo is hysterical. The cat is as big as the dog...lol. See they don't need toys...just boxes!
    Doobie cracking me up again! Resting with such enthusiasm. :-)

Okay, whose missing?

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

I ran across this by accident this morning and thought all of you would enjoy it...

:-)

Here is a link that might be useful: More Pet Photos...

• Monique z6a CT
    15 years ago

I'm enjoying this thread.

Here's Emma from yesterday on her 11th birthday:
    {{gwi:164047}}

Here's Oliver:
    {{gwi:164049}}

• chelone
    15 years ago

Rex (aka: Wrecks)
    (my favorite shot of him)
    {{gwi:164051}}
    {{gwi:164053}}
    {{gwi:164056}}
    {{gwi:164058}}

Spencer (aka: Doodlekin Boy-boy)
    {{gwi:164060}}
    {{gwi:164062}}
    {{gwi:164064}}

Polly (aka Poly)
    {{gwi:164066}}
    {{gwi:164068}}
    {{gwi:164070}}

Vera (aka: Vee-Vee)
    {{gwi:164072}}
    {{gwi:164075}}

Dearly departed Bobby Lee (Rob't. E. Lee)
    {{gwi:164077}}
    And his delicate sister, Flo. (Florence Griffith Joyner)
    {{gwi:164080}}
    {{gwi:164083}}

And cats DO like to get in things...

Think we need to "get lives"?

• chelone
    15 years ago

This one is really new. It shows his silly, crooked ears, his glistening brindle coat, and the way he meets my gaze.

{{gwi:164088}}

This is why I hate dogs.

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Chelone, do your cats always eat at the table with you? :-)

• chelone
    15 years ago

Only when they want to, Marian. ;) Usually on holidaze, though.

• denisez10
    15 years ago

I just noticed that my photo of Felony in the tree has her looking down at Joseph below like in a Brady Bunch window, lol!

Get a life? No way!

That Chloe means business, and V's pack seems very good-natured. Zeus would be at home at Woodstock, what a hipster. And does that Emma look focused!

Marian's cats look experienced and wise (like her)

Dunno how Rex manages to be regal and silly at the same time, but he does. There's a bit of Marmaduke there for sure. From our hall of fame, Polly looks like our Hooper, and Flo our Tigger, who taught Joseph everything he knows. Tigger had real gravitas.

I haven't seen a bidet since Paris!

Kathy, our Evie is also a Psycho Kitty. Who knows how it happens, but she's definitely odd. Maybe living with mom her whole life did it, ya think?

• Full_Bloom
    15 years ago

Ahh...the gaze Chelone...yup, it gets me every time! I can't look into Scout's eyes without melting! :-) But "gaze" or not, I can see why you hate dogs, especially Rex...what a beauty! LOL on the bidet pic...I nearly spilled my water laughing!

All these precious pet pictures really got to me. I'm afraid to comment, as not wanting to leave *anyone* out...they are all very special. To me *all* animals are beautiful! But got to admit Marian...I've always *adored* Tommy...he has such beautiful coloring and such a sweet face! Happy Birthday Emma! P.S. Monique really enjoyed a peek of your beautiful gardens! LOL Kathy! What a precious pic of the sleeping kitty. Ein is adorable Denisez! And Chloe what a precious little pumpkin. Catarina is gorgeous! Okay, I'm going to stop now because I can't comment on all the sweet pics that made me smile....

Well besides my Scout, I only have the fish and they are hard to photo, so I guess I'll have to remedy the situation by including lots of pics of Scout...darn! LOL!

Here's the light of my life:

{{gwi:164089}}
    Looking through his photos, I am reminded how much Scout enjoys being in the garden with me and I with him...

From a few years back...the *head gardener* is checking out the newly potted plants! "Personally, I think she should have moved the coleus closer to the center" :-)

{{gwi:164090}}

This spring. See Kathy, Scout's allowed to lay anywhere he wants too! :-) Actually, he has never damaged a single plant in the garden...at least not permanently...LOL!

{{gwi:164092}}

He also has a great sense of humor and loves to play hide and seek in the garden (honestly)! He thinks it's funny, but he doesn't know how my heart races everytime he "hides" on me...LOL! Can you see him here?

{{gwi:164093}}
    Last summer:

{{gwi:164094}}
    Here's his most recent shot, lolly gaging (is that how you spell it?) on the porch...his favorite passtime! :-)

{{gwi:164095}}
    And a long shot of WB...he's been awesome this year:

{{gwi:164096}}

Looking forward to another wonderful summer in the garden with Scout and love and joy to all the sweet pets and their human families...

Ei

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

What a fabu-fabu thread this has been ÂWe even got Eileen and Monique to come out and play ! Ei, Scout is truly one beautiful dog, and looks very decorative set-off by your likewise beautiful garden.

Denise , I love the majestic pose on the shot of Ein . A bit of Âready for my close-up Mr DeMille going on there. And the felines , a very attractive bunch.

And what a plethora of photos we got of the imposing Rex ! I particularly like the standing sofa shot.

And as for Chloe, who can resist that face ? How much does she weigh Cindy ?

I too admire TommyÂs markings- and Spencers as well. I always like the gray or black combo colored cats.

Happy Birthday Emma !

About time for Deanne to weigh in with some pics of those kitties of hers ..

Kathy in Napa

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

I guess my post asking for Scout's photos didn't make it, but I'm so glad the reply did Ei!!!

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

I am happy to see Ei with her lovely post of Scout. All these great pics are making me think I did my pets a disjustice by posting only such sedate pics of them! :-)

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Emma looks like a mini mini wolfhound. [g]
    Oliver looks very wise, and that arbor with rose/clematis on it is really beautiful!
    There's Wrecks! I agree...Marmadude plus. Love the ears.
    Spencer's coat reminds me of Woody's Misty.
    Polly ...love the bib and mittens, she looks calm and curious.
    Vera looks like she is about to smile.
    Bobby looks pretty comfy. Love that color.
    Flo doesn't look like Bobby much...more like Wrecks. [g]
    There's Scout! Still looking so friendly and sweet! Love your WB, Ei!

Deanne's cat is still missing...any more?

pm2

• deanneart
    15 years ago

I was hoping to grab some new pics but the boys haven't been cooperative so I thought I'd post a few from last year.

Rahjii (the Princeling) aka Doodlebug, Buggie Boy
    {{gwi:164097}}

{{gwi:164098}}

and Luke (the 'Cover Cat') aka Budah, FatBoy
    {{gwi:164099}}

{{gwi:164100}}

Deanne

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    15 years ago

Ei - did Scout go missing for a while last night...? He was running around in my dreams for some reason!

• Jerri_OKC
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow, we really do have the best pets. Everyone's beautiful!

• chelone
    15 years ago

I want to know how much brushing Scout requires to look so gorgeous in every shot you take, Ei.!

I love the "hipster" Zeus. He definitely has the streetwise look to him, Saucy. LOL about checking for a pulse.

I think Monique's terriers are pretty cool looking... the wirey hair and the intensity of the "gaze" leaves little doubt as to their tenacity. I'd wager Oliver or Emma would whip ol' Rexsie into shape in about 10 seconds.

And that Chloe... "what a face for ice cream", as my father used to say. I want to know how much she weighs, too!

V.'s canine slumber paHty made me chuckle. "Red dawg" certainly has earned her "stripes", huh?

Now cats... . I have a particular fondness for the brown tigers/tabbies. Trubbie is beautiful, and Deanne's two... clearly the brown coloring is successful camouflage. The "calico" coloring is interesting, too, manifested most handsomely in Ted and Evie (also in Spenc. and Polly). I find the all grey models arresting, too (had two of those, Millie and Mr. Sleek). Jerri, do you have to worry about sunburn on those very pink ears?! And well... I, too, have a thing for orange kitties (so did my father and so does my brother); there is just something about that neon spendor.

Mum always called poor Spencer, "the common one" but we both agreed he was "uncommonly common". This has been a thoroughly delightful thread. The only things missing are shots of Cynthia's pool-paHty.

(hint)

• chloehoover
    15 years ago

Chloe's birthday is today -- she and DD share a birthday together - how neat is that? Chloe is 10; she's managed to maintain her slim figure of 7 & 1/4 lbs.... so has DD but she weighs a bit more than 7....

Cindy

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

Better late than never. I decided yesterday to get a good picture of Jaden. Everytime she sees the camera she walks away. I finally got this one during her nap time. Notice how her ear is flipped up. She loves to nap underneath things.

{{gwi:164103}}

• saucydog
    15 years ago

Jaden and Zeus sittin' in a tree....

They look like the same kind of dog, if looks count for much in the dog world :)

Saucy

• chelone
    15 years ago

I hate dogs. But you already know that... just thought I'd remind you.

(but I like silly ears).

• denisez10
    15 years ago

She's just pretending to sleep, got her ear to the ground, concentrating intently, listening for horses' hooves, war drums, dinner bells...may let out a little snore occasionally, like Ein, to keep up the nap subterfuge...

• Jerri_OKC
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Some of you are probably wondering why I never posted the puppy pictures. I was wondering the same thing. I'm dragging my feet with pictures and names. It finally occured to me that I am way to attached to these little ones. Pictures mean they will be on the Web page for pre-adoption. Jeesh... This is not good! LOL

Jerri -> Soon to take a break from fostering...

• flowerluvr
    15 years ago

Sarah and her baby. She was much more calm and well behaved after she got Curious George, and she takes it all over the house with her.
    {{gwi:164107}}

Gus, Mr. Mellow. He loves to lean on the porch ledges and scope out the situation.
    {{gwi:164113}}

And, last but not least, Tucker of the amazing wonder-funk! Okay, he's not really ours, but.....
    {{gwi:164116}}

15 years ago

An older (gray muzzle) version of Gus is here now. Jasper is a Mr Mellow too - that picture could have been of Jasper, they look so much alike!

• anitamo
    15 years ago

I finally got my pictures downloaded. Here is our new Maltese puppy, Tequila, born 4/11/08.
    {{gwi:164118}}
    {{gwi:164119}}
    Photobucket is not making these pics any smaller...sorry about that.

{{gwi:164120}}

• Jerri_OKC
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Tequila! Oh my goodness, you are just too cute! Your Mom is very lucky. ;)

Jerri

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

I bet Tequila could do damage to leather....But soooo cute!

• chelone
    15 years ago

The variety of sizes with respect to canids simply amazes me. Chloe has company!

(I hate dogs)

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

So cute ! And I'm sure well behaved , right ?

Kathy in Napa

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Anita, what a sweetie pie! Such a face...makes me want to run out and bring a dog home. [g] Thanks for posting the photos...puppy photos ...there just can never be too many!

• anitamo
    15 years ago

Is Chloe a Maltese, too? Or a mixture of Maltese and another dog? LOL on the leather...she won't be on that chair except for pictures. No way can she jump on it, either. It is quite comical when she tries to jump up on anything. She's pretty well behaved, but house training is going to be tough!

PM2...hurry...go get one. LOL. You're one of the last petless Idylls, right? Martie, too, I believe.

• gardenbug
    15 years ago

Martie at least needs some fish!

• chloehoover
    15 years ago

Miss Chloe is an absolutely certified AKC purebred Maltese, of course..... you can see it in her regal attitude, LOL. I do recall those days when she couldnt climb a stair -- the breeder said it would be another month or two after I got her - it took one week at home -- of course, she figured out how to get up the stairs, but not Down them.... that took another week. Chloe has been one of the most mischevious dogs I've ever owned, including the first Maltese I had for 12 years. You're going to likely have your hands full of fun and fluff, Anita - and yes, the housebreaking is one of the biggest challenges. Good luck.

--Cindy

• saucydog
    15 years ago

We're pet sitting while the in-laws spend two weeks in Alaska:

Maxx (in black) and Mugsy (sporting the white coat)...and Sarah, too....
    {{gwi:164121}}

Someone's pretty unenthusiastic about the whole thing (he's trying to lay in a Shi Tzu bed!:

{{gwi:164123}}

Anita, that is just the cutest little ball of fluff....I know I'd step on it with my size 11's! I've almost fallen over Maxx several times (he seems to just stand around alot...)

Saucy

15 years ago

Tequila is sooo cute! I never used to like small dogs - until Misty moved in and I realized little dogs don't necessarily think they are little! They can have full sized personalities. (e.g. Misty snapped at Zoe - 1 year old Rottweiller - when Zoe got too close to Misty's cookie tonight...) Saucy - what kind of dog is Maxx?

• anitamo
    15 years ago

Sarah is beautiful saucy. What is Maxx and Mugsy? Can't remember the name of your dog in the last pic...is that a German Shepard? Growing up we had a black GS named Duke. He looked just like yours. Yes, very hard to keep track of Tequila getting underfoot...very easy to hurt them by stepping on them.

woody...I always hear that about little dogs. They're just not afraid of anything, I think because they don't know they're dogs!! LOL.

Everyone has captured their pets so wonderfully in this thread. If a non pet owner happens by to read this thread,
    I'm sure it would convert them in a second.

• saucydog
    15 years ago

Maxx and Mugsy are Shi Tzus. Definately a breed to investigate before leaping into cuteness.

Zeus came to us at age 5 (I think he's around 9 or 10 now) and we were told he was a shepard mix....but isn't that what they call all mixed breeds?

Funny to see Zeus open is mouth really wide to the smaller guys, and everyone snaps to attention and falls in line with what Zeus wants. He's Alpha.

I agree, Anita, this thread would push anyone over the edge....I didn't even get Popcorn in yet :)

Saucy

• Jerri_OKC
    Original Author
    15 years ago

After way too long, here are 3 of Ebony's puppies! There are 2 black ones and 3 white ones so this is just a sampling. :) I like they way they hug each other when sleeping. AWWW...

Jerri

{{gwi:164124}}

• chelone
    15 years ago

If they decide to remake the Little Rascals, Jerri, you'd best keep the one with the "black eye", lol.

Wish they were closer so I could adopt one for future beatings... (Rex will soon to be too elderly to sustain regular beatings).

:)

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    15 years ago

Boy, they sure are cute, Jerri. Do they all have homes to go to when the time comes?

Sue

• denisez10
    15 years ago

Jerri, the brown one looks like my good friend next-door, a pitbull mix named "Ginger." We became fast friends across the low fence early on, and a good thing too, since she's been filling guard dog duty and can be quite fearsome. Your pups are so adorable. Wouldn't it be nice to have the room for a pack of dogs?

• saucydog
    15 years ago

Aaawwww....I want one :)

Saucy

• ctlavluvr
    15 years ago

I've been staying far, far, far away from this thread. Still no budging Rich into anything with four legs and fur in the house. Fish won't cut it for me since lap time would be severely limited. I trying to maintain the "it's really okay with me" attitude but ......

I respect his feelings -- though it's getting harder. Not quite ready to just show up with a creature, despite the promise that according to Chelone regular beatings could be perpetrated to the critter's benefit :_))))))

Perhaps I could remove the vole traps, tell him they didn't work, and lobby for a kitten??? LOL

Martie

• Lara Noles
    15 years ago

I've been meaning to post this picture for weeks. We moved Bella's little toddler bed out of the office to be replaced with the daybed and the cats staked claim. They liked it so much it's still sitting in the corner of my livingroom. Here are all 10 in one place, including Buttercup, not something often seen.

{{gwi:164129}}

Eden

• Jerri_OKC
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Eden, I love it!
    That looks like our crew except they don't get along that well. LOL

Jerri

15 years ago

We never had that many cats back in our cat-owning days but the ones we did have never got along that well! Very cute picture!