Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mid July at the Farm 1- clematis

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 16, 09 at 7:58

Lots of work, cool weather and blooms!
(This is clematis time, so you'll see many below)

By the verandah, Viburnum, chocolate eupatorium and Clematis Alionushka~

Clematis Fairy Dust with dusky Clematis Mary Rose

In the holding garden, a mystery clematis emerges:

Clematis Perrin's Pride with Clematis Hagelby Pink.

White Baptisia with clematis background.

Clematis Huldine, one of my oldest...and favorites.

Clematis Iubileinyi-70, a very free -flowering cultivar that was raised at the State Nikitsky Botanic Garden, Ukraine in 1962.

Clematis Minuet

Clematis Negritianka grows in an elderberry.

The shape of Clematis pagoda appeals to me.

Clematis Potanini which I grew from seed.

New to me, Clematis Skinner's Pink, a Canadian contribution.

Clematis Tentel continues to bloom and please. :)

Here is Clematis Royal Velours with Clematis Blue Rain.

Clematis Madame Julia Correvon behind the lilies.

Clematis Polish Spirit mingles with Clematis Prince Charles.

And believe it or not, there are more!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mid July at the Farm 1- clematis

Gorgeous colors and combinations...I love all those tones of purple, GB! Love that smokey Mary Rose with the Fairy Dust as a perfect partner.

I remember your Royal Velours and have always wanted to get that one since seeing yours. And Prince Charles & Polish Spirit are stunning together. I'm really drawn to Tental and Minuet too.

Well, I'd love to have any and all of them! You have a wonderful collection and it's so nice to see them in a landscape rather than a stock photo....I think I need to get more clematis! :-)

o

How do you remember all their names?! I'm begining to find the deep red ones very appealing. The Royal Velours and Mme. Julia just got added to my 'want' list I think!

o

Gorgeous, gorgeous,gorgeous!!!!! Wonderful clematis and wonderful photographs.

Deanne

o

So beautiful Marie, what a pleasure it must be to WALAT at the Farm ! I agree with you, Pagoda is really charming.

Thank you for the lovely photos.

Kathy in Napa

o

Just wonderful! I love them all! Are they mosty type III's? I need to get rid of a couple of my type II's as I once again have clematis wilt. Tentel really appeals to me.

Michelle

o

Michelle, I have very few type 2 clematis, and some of those are mistakes, labeling problems. So yes, I stick to type threes mostly. Tentel was a gift that was sent to me, so I don;t know how available it is. Perhaps Joy Creek sells it?

Woody, Madame Julia Correvon is very red. Royal Velours is darker and very, well, velvety! Both used to be fairly easy to find, but this year I have seen very few clematis for sale at all, only Raymond Evison things from the grocery store.

o

Gosh, Marie, there isn't one photo that is not my favorite..lol. You are such a lucky duck to have such a wonderful garden! Of course, you work hard to create it I know. You certainly seem to have mastered clematis culture. I hope I will get the chance to add more to my garden. You've made me a convert. :-) Your garden is outstanding this year!

o

You have a wonderful collection of clems. It would be difficult to pick a favorite... I cannot imagine the time it takes for you to tend them all.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here