Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honey_mi

Idyll #325 New Beginnings

honey_mi
16 years ago

To honor our newest grandbaby, Reed.

Hi friends. DH and I have really been in a funk. Hes on temporary lay-off this week and itÂs been far too quiet here. Everytime weÂd go to do something weÂd be reminded. That sweet kitty was so intertwined with our lives. So we decided we needed another furry to help ease our loss.

Meet Missy:

{{gwi:166947}}

SheÂs a 9 wk old Australian Shephard. SheÂs full of exuberance. WeÂre exhausted. She woke us up howling at 4 am. So today weÂre off to the pet store for toys and supplies, and the groomer, if she has an appt available. Missy did bark to go out this morning which is a step in the right direction. However, later she left us presents. Our fault. We werenÂt quick enough and didnÂt realize she hadnÂt completed her tasks outside. But weÂre quick learners.

All the kids in the neighborhood were over last nite and I had tons of volunteers to walk her. She was in her glory playing with all of them. Then my friend with the Golden and Std. Poodle came over. Missy had a ball with them, too. She wasnÂt afraid at all.

Cindy, the front came thru here Tues. and it rained north of us. We didnÂt get a drop. I was so hoping for a real soaking downpour, too.

Michelle, so sorry to hear you have Shingles. Ouch. I hear itÂs quite painful. ItÂs good you got the correct diagnosis so the Drs. can treat it properly. Hope youÂre feeling better soon!

Oh Marie, Reed is so adorable. No wonder youÂre having withdrawal pains. And I love the Clematis/arbor photo. Is that Earnest Markham? Gorgeous.

Deanne, I had hydrangea envy. Your ESÂs are gorgeous. IÂd like to get Blushing Bride, but havenÂt figured out where plants I have will go w/o buying more!

Mary, lime green undies?!!!! LOLOLOL.

Chelone, thatÂs great Rex is healing well w/o the lamp shade. And I agree w/you. The gardens here are just lovely. With all thatÂs gone on this yr., mine are not at their best. Oh well.

Saucy, so good to see you posting again. I havenÂt read the books youÂre talking about, tho.

Ok, it's time to get some toys before the containers on the deck are totally destroyed, not to mention the annual borders. Miss Missy has been busy. TTYL,

Honey

Comments (105)

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

A hot one here today in Northern Cal. 80 in the house, 90 outside. Theres a nice breeze though so it should cool off tonight. Days like these I sure wish I had a pool-(or a cool pond like V) Ive spent the day watering and giving all the containers a shot of MaxSea. My Brugs arent blooming yet, but my Plumeria is ..love to bury my nose in that one.
    I need to add myself to the Idyll haircut crowd. My hair is absolutely driving me nuts, and it looks like hell. This week for sure.

Chelone, I love tap dancing. I bet Ive seen every Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire move 20 times each. You mentioned the sweetie-honey prefix coming from men, but I also really am annoyed by women who are 20 years younger than me , and dont know me (grocery checkers etc) who call me "hon" or the like.
    DH and I used to make ice cream all the time when the kids were little. We had a very old electric machine that sounded like bench grinder on its last leg. We had some pretty slick recipes, but we usually made plain old vanilla.

Deanne, those Regale lilies are just exquisite!. I guess I better get some. They appear rather tall ? Funny , Ive been gardening for 25plus years and I never grew lilies till maybe 5 or 6 years ago, and now I wouldnt be without them. I keep getting more every year. Some of them dont do well for me so I dig them up and plant a different variety

Brenda, you are too funny , plucking on the porch ! Ive noticed that as I get older, along with the usual gravity issues , I hardly ever have to shave my legs anymore. For some reason the hair just stopped growing. I guess there has to be some benefits to maturity , lol.

Woody, borrowing dogs from friends sounds like a capitol idea ! When my little dog goes I will probably stay dog-less for a while too. I work so many hours it would be hard for me to get one trained .

Drema, sorry to hear about your possible looming lay-off. Even when you expect it I suppose there is always that little kernel of hope that it wont really happen. Ive never been involved in a lay-off before, but one year we all had a 10% pay reduction because the economy was so lousy and business way off.

Marian Dorkey Dude ! Maybe hell be successful at luring Tommy away from your African Violet table ! We never have rain in the summer here, although we usually get some in April and a bit in May. We had a very dry winter this year. Our rains usually start up again in Oct or Nov.

OK , thats all for today. I still have to clean up the kitchen and do some laundry

Ta ta all

• veronicastrum
    16 years ago

My it got quiet this evening! We've had a weekend of wonderful summer weather and I got to have a couple of dips in the pond. I'm really enjoying this addition! It's 75 right now, calm and a little cloudy but just enough light to type badly on the porch.

Oops! but not much battery... I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and that most of you are looking forward to Philly next weekend! Can't wait!

V.

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

Good evening all

Love the clemababies (clemlocks!) Move over Anne Geddes!!

What a fantastic day here - cool, a little cloudy, but perfect for bike riding. David and I rode 10 miles along the Erie canal, stopping for lunch along the way and to watch the locks in action. It was just beautiful. Deanne- I was thinking of you riding 34 miles the other day - I'm not sure my tushie is up to that yet:0)

Annie chose to stay home catching up on sleep from her adventure. I couldn't help think what a contrast it must have been for a teen who spends at least 45 minutes a day in the shower to have been presented with the bathroom kit consisting only of a trowel and a rather damp roll of TP. As she put it, it was a life changing experience.

V - you're right, to think we'll be in Philly by the end of the week is unbelievably exciting.

Mary

• veronicastrum
    16 years ago

For all of you who are around my age - I think you'll enjoy this video.

• saucydog
    16 years ago

did you doctor that to make his beautiful pink lips match the pink of the clematis? What a cutie patootie!

getting Sarah ready for camp - she does day camp at "Nonny's" house and so it seems like sleepover camp to me without the worry :)

I just love Annie's picture - she looks puffed up and prideful from her tough week roughing it :) I remember leeches stuck to my legs - alot of jumping and squealing!

Gotta go...Nick's trying to get me out on the boat, too! I joked that maybe I should bring the suitcase with me so I could pack it on the lake (picture Sarah's undies drying in the wind!).

Saucy

• saucydog
    16 years ago

That was a post from this afternoon that I forgot to submit, and then hit submit out of pure familiarity when I saw it sitting here.....seems outta place.

Having a rough evening while I wrestle with all that must get done and employee with a death in the family. I can't wait to be drawn into a world of gardens and friends at the end of the week....nothing like Idyllunion to make all other matters fade to fuzzy edges of "life".

Everytime I put a period at the outside of a quote I wonder if GB cringes. I imagine that she's too preoccupied to care, though I think of her everytime I do it :)

Tonight was wild caught cedar plank salmon with cauliflower and peas. My grocery bill has been a little on the high side this month, but I like the creativity....

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

There were several nice small gardens on the tour, but nothing that could compete with an Idyll garden. The homes that were on the tour were another story though. Out of this world gorgeous with fabulous lake views. Think HGTV Dream home.

Sue, glad to hear that your creeping crud has left. Mine is on the way as well.

Brenda, maybe we should get our hair done if it brings rain.

Deanne, Kenzie looked at your pictures with me and declared them "very pretty" Sorry to hear that there are more difficulties with DD.

V, interesting link on the American Pie a complex song for sure.

bug, heres an idea from the garden tour. This lady would take a Anne Gedes style picture of her grandchildren when they were 6 mo. Old in a large clay pot. Im assuming the picture in the background is an Anne Gedes. She also incorporated books into her garden tour (a former teacher) I thought it was a fun touch.

{{gwi:166979}}

{{gwi:166980}}

{{gwi:166982}}

Night all

Michelle

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Saucy, it's been so long that I haven't a clue where the period goes. Tell me if you find out!

V, I remember entirely too much from that American Pie...Janis was a big deal in my life, as you may remember me writing about seeing her at the Fillmore West back in about '66/'67. The psychadelic posters are now displayed in museums...etc Memories....not all good. DH's best friend is institutionalized from overdosing etc. The heartbreak of his parents and children...! ARGH!

Off to bed. Got some cleanup done outdoors today. More tomorrow!
    'bug

• wendy2
    16 years ago

Good morning!

First and foremost:

{{gwi:166984}}

Happy Birthday Eden!

We've returned from our week of "fun in the sun" (along with rain, fog and clouds). It is amazing how the different the weather is only an hour away from home. I guess there was a heat wave in the Boston area while we were gone, but there was mostly fog on the Maine coast. I'd rather have the fog! We made it to the beach for at least a little while every day except for one, and the kids did swim most days (they have wet suits and DS even has a face mask). The water was too cold for DH and I to go in, though some years we do. The icy water feels great if it is a hot & sunny beach day, but it does take your breath away!

We are into week two of vacation now - I'm savoring a Monday morning that I do not have to rush around to get ready for work then sit in traffic.

Listen to my latest act as Mother of the Year: DS came home with sunburn on one ear, and he got up in the night complaining that he couldn't sleep on that side. The aloe gel was not doing the trick, so I remembered something I heard about tea bags used for sunburn. I found some in the back of a cabinet, and proceeded to run one under warm water to make a compress for his ear, then I sent him back to bed. In the AM, he mentioned to me that the tea bag made some crumbs in the bed. I pictured a few flakes on his pillow, but when I went upstairs his whole bed was loaded with tea crumbs! I don't know how he slept at all in that. I guess the idea is to brew the tea first.

Honey, so sorry to hear that you lost Bullet. The new puppy is adorable though. My kids are really having fun with my brother's puppy Skipper, and I'm enjoying the fact that the puppy doesn't live in my house! They are so much work, and Skipper is a little devil - he's into everything - they have to watch him constantly.

Eden, thinking of you and your Mom. What a difficult time she has had - I'm sending good thoughts.

Deanne, lovely pics as always. I have to tell you that my DS has been taking "nature pics" with my digital camera - he wants to be published in "Ranger Rick" magazine. He spends a lot of time stalking birds in the back yard, and I told him about your blind. He's seen your bird pics, and he in constantly asking me about your camera set-up. Sorry your DD is putting you thru so much, I guess being a parent never ends.

'bug, Reed is wonderful. Your DD and family look so happy. I love the collage of pics of him on the last thread - how long did you watch him with the camera to get so many different expressions? The clematis babies are adorable too!

We made ice cream yesterday too - I got the urge after reading here. Our ice cream maker is an attachment to the stand mixer (are you listening Babs?!) and it works really well. We've only made vanilla so far, since everyone likes it. We do separate the batch and let everyone mix something into it before freezing though. I mixed mint oreos into some, and DD did M & M's. DS is a plain vanilla man.

Mary, DD and I are the Harry Potter fans here - we are going to see the new movie in the IMax theater tonite. I'm looking forward to the new book more though - how will it end? DD will be reading it first, and she has promised not to reveal a thing. DS doesn't care for Harry Potter much. I started reading the first book to him a few years ago, and he made me stop after the unicorn died. He did the same thing with the book 'A Christmas Carol' too, he only made it to the first ghostly appearance. At least he knows his limits! I'd love to hear what your book club is reading, I'm pretty much a random reader. I go to the library and browse the new fiction and choose something that catches my eye. I'm reading the new Alice Hoffman book now.

Well, have to go start my day I guess - DS is going off to day camp today. It is a science/inventing type camp, and he is really excited. He has to bring an appliance to take apart, and we have a dinosaur of an electric typewriter for him. We're also bringing several bags of recycled stuff: plastic containers, foam trays, egg cartons, cereal boxes, etc. that they are going to turn into who knows what.

Forgive me for not commenting to all, but I'm thinking of each of you. I often leave the computer and think of other comments I should have made. Waving hello to all!

-Wendy

• saucydog
    16 years ago

Deanne, I missed the part about your DD - I hope that the trouble clears up soon!

Nothing new to report....just checking in

Saucy

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Wendy...a long answer to your question here. First of all the series of photos of Reed was taken in Edmonton Alberta by his dad in a short period of time while DD was trying to burp him. I have asked for a similar series of Skyler, Reed's older step brother.
    I posted a series of photos of Reed's daddy on a pregnancy forum of DD's. So often babies are the center of womanly attention and I thought W. deserved lots of credit. In particular I was touched that my post affected one dad in particular. The woman I communicate with is expecting in 12 days. Her husband is legally blind..and you can imagine that her life is different from the ordinary, what with driving him to and from work all the time etc. Well he loves to look at the baby photos on the site as best he can, and "ooohs" and "aaaahs" over them all. But this time my friend said he cried happy tears to see the father emphasized. He is SOOO excited to be a daddy and I'm just thrilled to have touched him when he needed it. So here's one of the shots, fuzzy,(in many ways actually!) but who cares?

{{gwi:163034}}

Off to garden...
    'bug

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

Good morning

GB - I did a double take there, seeing your photo before reading I thought your DD had a rather, er.. "downy" chest. Just love the photo and the fact that Dad is experiencing so much of the joy.

Wendy - our September book is 1000 Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (author of the Kite Runner). Which Alice Hoffman are you reading? - I'm a big fan of hers and Annie loved Indigo and Aquamarine.

Deanne - I have Kathy's fuschia too and would be thrilled to bring you a cutting. How should I do it?

Here is mine with one of your coleus and an orange begonia.
    {{gwi:166986}}

It resides next to the pond where the orange picks up the colors of the fish and contrasts nicely with Britt Marie
    {{gwi:166988}}

Since I love orange, here are a few more from this morning's garden walk. Zowie Zinnias are eyecatching (if not exactlly tasteful) but I adore them.
    {{gwi:153111}}

Chicago Rocket daylily is hard to beat for intensity of color.
    {{gwi:166991}}

One of my favorite monopots - a toffee colored grass that just seems to match the clay of the container.
    {{gwi:166992}}

One of my succulent dishes with a few miniature touches (inspired by Eden).
    {{gwi:166993}}

Lime green Mirabilis next to Tiger Eye Sumac beside the pool. It's not 4 O'clock yet but when those blossoms open they just sing.
    {{gwi:166994}}

Mary

• chloehoover
    16 years ago

I have no time to post except to say,.... wow, Mary -- your photos peeks of your garden leave me panting for more!!! I dont think I often get the treat of seeing 'em -- wow and wowser....

--Cindy

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Home for lunch and waiting for the chimney cleaner 's arrival this afternoon.

I too have developed a love of orange Mary! Your photos are super. I like the idea of color coordinating with the fish. I have orange Asclepias waiting on my potting bench to be planted this evening. Mary, I enjoyed the first half or so of the Kite Runner. I read most of it but decided near the end that I'd rather remember the first part only. I may have to try 1000 Splendid Suns.

Had to laugh at DD. When told that her husband was one in a million, she replied
    "I would say!

1 in about 6.6 billion actually!"

;-)
    'bug

• chelone
    16 years ago

Yesterday we received some MONDO thunderstorms. We lost the juice for the better part of 7 hours. I hauled out the Aladdin oil lamp I received for Christmas 1999 put in some oil and "fired it up". What a totally cool thing to have in one's possession.

I love the clemlocks. But I especially love the one of Reed cuddled up to Daddy in the snuggly. Daddys are pretty terrific at giving babies what they need, too. We have photographic evidence of it right here. GREAT shot.

I spent yesterday sewing (until the juice went out, that is). Not that that is particularly unusual, but I sewed for myself. And it's been a really long time since I've done that. My "stockpile" of fabric has been winnowed down a bit... I have to buy some elastic tomorrow, make 5 buttonholes, and sew on 6 buttons (one is the spare). Note placement of period...

I love the shot of Annie and her friend (who has GORGEOUS hair); they ought to be right proud of themselves! I was chuckling over the "bathroom kit"; thought of Brenda and the combine, and our sailboat. You quickly learn to do what you need to when you must. An important life lesson. :)

GC was predictably surprised this morning; casually added he'd added an additional amount to the talley he'd given me on Friday because the roof would be finished today. I coolly replied that "add ons" are not cool as I transfer only enough to cover the amount given. Why forfeit the interest, after all? ;)

Sumptuous garden shots, no lilies here as yet. Even the Asiatics have yet to bloom! go figure.

I know I'm missing things, too, but I have to set up the Kenmore for buttonholes. Later!

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

Chelone - are you making something you might wear to IU4 - I hope so!!

Mary

• babs_clare
    16 years ago

AN ATTACHMENT TO YOUR MIXER you say,Wendy? ; )lol yeah I was listening! That is too cool~is this a KitchenAid mixer?????? Please don't tell my children...then I will *have* to make and *eat* ice cream all the time. Somehow that doesn't sound like a bad thing,huh.lol

V-Tell your DD that is an excellent shot! I am envying your dip in the pond...(psst there's a leech on your earlobe)

Thanks Kath for the heads up on the Autumnale flowers-that is just a really nice looking plant just considering hte foliage-I will have to look for that. The flowers remind me of F.'miniroos'. Is it a miniature?

Bzzz bzzz!Michelle that container arrangement is beautiful!

Sue I'm really glad you are much improved!

Mary-I love your vividly colored plants!

Having a professor husband is kind of neat. Chris walked in the door two minutes ago-he hasn't come home on a Monday this early---ever? lol

Sorry I am so touch and go with posting-life is crazy as I try to declutter,maintain order and get prepared for our dinner with friends here on Fri. I am making lasagne,etc. for our former art teacher and AJ's former homeroom teacher. SOme of you may remember that there was an upheaval with next year's teachers contracts at my boys' school. Seven teachers and the principal are not coming back due to resignations,and two unrenewed contracts among the group. It's a mess. I'm glad I've made so many teacher friends there since I'm getting the scoop on everything. So many families will be floored to learn how much of the faculty has been wiped out. Hey,new beginnings? I'd say so!

Off to make dinner,

~Babs

P.s. We are finally REALLY redecorating the kitchen...white wainscot and deep red walls....if your interested I'll elaborate later; )

p.p.s.I'm starting to get sad that I can't come to IU4. I want to see the gang: (

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Yes..this would be the perfect weekend for an IU4 if I had money to go. Babs, are you selling your house? I just hate fixing things up for selling reasons. I think things should be fixed up for pleasant surroundings and USE! DH always did this when selling cars. They'd be a mess while we drove them, then suddenly sparkling clean, touched up etc...only for selling. But now that we are ancient, he has his new Honda and is quite the happy camper.:)

DH (a prof too Babs) came home early and confused me a few minutes ago! He's actually on sabbatical, but you'd never know it what with meetings and students etc.

Word on the wood stove is both good and bad. The good is that it is all cleaned up and ready to go. Bad news is that it is totally outdated and unsafe. Looks like a $5000 investment if we go that route. But first is the exterior house painting, repair of last summer's mildew problem in the basement TV room, maybe even a new furnace. Add all that on to the new car and it looks impossible for this year!

I really MUST plant a few more things right now!
    'bug

• chelone
    16 years ago

I am, indeed, Mary! Nothing very noteworthy, but I'm definitely due. It's been so long since I've indulged myself with the fruits of my trade, I'd nearly forgotten just how much fun it can be. Sad on one hand, but a much needed creative affirmation on the other. I have reservations about my bathing suit, however... can't find it, but have a few more cubbys to check. Not surprising, I don't think I've been immersed in close to 5 years now.

How nice to see Babs. resurface. I'm especially sad you won't be there; would really like to "meet" you. And I DO, very much, want to hear about the kitchen project. I have a red bedroom and deep, vibrant walls are my favorites. :) . "Your" school is private, yes? parochial? There have been many "consolidations" and outright closures of parochial schools in southern Maine in the past few years. The demographic has changed... the heavy French Canadian population has been diluted and the influx of "people from away" has cut into enrollments and swelled the ranks of the public schools. As a "child-free" person, it's interesting to me... but I worry about the tax implications on our household and those of many of my friends. Sigh.

The garage is now framed, the next phase is the roof. I have taken a bunch of pictures but really haven't had the time to distill them to something that would be informative and INTERESTING. I'll try, but probably not in the next couple of days. Hang in there, I'll deliver the goods, PROMISE!

Rex's missing staples are not too serious. He may have a scar because of it, but HEY if he has 4 functional legs, a scar is not that big a deal. I've thought repeatedly of Katy. I don't like dogs, but they don't deserve to be in pain or incapacitated by mystery afflictions. Wondering what's up and whether or not Cynthia has availed herself of a crying jag? (((H)))

Mary, your succulents are just yummy! I'm fascinated by succulents... probably my water-logged Yankee angst revealing itself. Everything else, too is just so, SO pretty. :)

• chelone
    16 years ago

What's up with your woodstove, 'bug? why is it unsafe? a chimney issue or a stove issue? and if the latter what, specifically, is the problem? Stoves can be "outdated" and not as efficient as the newer ones are, but that doesn't render them unusable. More?

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

The wood stove is not well placed, not up to code. Unlike newer models, it needs 4 feet of space surrounding it...which it does NOT have. The stove pipe is not the proper size for it, has minor leaks, and is only a single layer. Some parts will soon need replacing, and parts will not be available. For example, the baffle is majorly warped. We are told it is an accident waiting to happen. I really trust this fellow too...after all, he's a gardener! We had some good chats!

Well I planted some dark reddish purple echinacea, some wine coloured lilies and some paler spotted ones, also some gloriosa daisies in brown and gold hues. More to be planted tomorrow.

I'm wondering who will be home to hold the fort this weekend: So far I think there will be:
    Brenda
    Norma,
    Babs
    Ei
    Marian
    Michelle
    Eden
    Woody
    Honey
    Kathy
    Must be others too!
    Now when you folks are packing, remember your cameras! We want both garden photos and candids of Idylls please!
    Hi David! Hi Jim!

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

A quick hello to everyone..

V, I sent the American Pie clip to DS , who was already peruseing hidden meanings and was telling me about the Backward Music Community (I asked him if they had a lobbying group) guess the Paul is dead thing lives on !

Hi Wendy and welcome back. And week 2 of vacation ? I dont know when the last time I took two weeks in a row off. Maybe I need to do that next year-Im always worried about what I would come back to!

Mary , I came very close to getting some Zowie Zinnias this summer, but the spot I would put them in just isnnt quite sunny enough. I fear mildew ! They are just so festive !! I love your succulent dish.

Babs, we expect pics of that kitchen re-do ..

Ok all I have for today , big wave to everyone

Kathy in Napa

• veronicastrum
    16 years ago

I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait.

There - got that off my chest.

Tonight's advice is that when you get PO'd at the hubby and decide you will deal with all the garbage yourself, you will end up with an achy back. This has less than three days to go away!

We celebrated DH's birthday a couple of days late tonight with a lovely dinner of local grass-fed beef fillets, a medley of small potatoes from the farmers market roasted with rosemary and thyme from the garden, and a salad with romaine from the farmers market. I could cook like this every night with a little more effort. We have purchased half a steer from a friend who raises grass-fed beef; it's hanging at the butcher's right now.

gb, that photo is really darling, but I was a little confused when I first saw it and hadn't read what it was! There is so much love and joy that comes through in all of the photos of Reed and his family; I can't think of anything less trite to say but it really warms my heart!

Thanks to all who commented on DD's photo - she's gotten a lot of comments from the extended family as well.

I'm going to take my achy back to bed now. TTYL,

V.

• saucydog
    16 years ago

V., I still haven't figured out the DH thing....do you think he's the source of my pain in the donkey that won't go away before IU4? It's a big problem because I can't sit (I'm riding in a car!) and I can't walk fast (good thing I have long legs!).....

We did a boat ride to a restaurant on the water for supper. Too much food! We decided to have all of Sarah's un-favorites since she wasn't with us, so we had mussels in a spicy red sauce, and calamari Block Island style (fried with cherry peppers on top). We were all stuffed when you add the foccacia and roasted garlic we gobbled down :)

I was bloated before and now my pants don't fit. I'm having some serious "body" issues and need to get back into my regular routine. I promise I will next week :)

Babs, I wish you were coming, too. I do want to see the kitch come along :) You know we love that stuff!

I can't comment much, it's passed my bedtime and I feel like I'm still riding the waves :) Everything's done but the dishes....I hear an early morning task calling....

Saucy

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Scrolling past Woody's samosas is really hard on me. They look so very yummy!!!!

Another beautiful morning, but I think it will be a scorcher. Many things to accomplish...including doing Saucy's dishes!

So another Daddy-in-love photo to start the day...
    {{gwi:166996}}

• deanneart
    16 years ago

Good morning everyone,

It looks like another good gardening day here. Its supposed to rain tomorrow and then into the weekend but what worries me is the weather guy on NECN (my favorite forecaster as hes usually right) is saying that the T storms tomorrow night might come with tornados in central New England. Jeesh! I dont remember a summer in recent history where weve had so many strong thunder storms.

The daylilies are in bloom now and the gardens are just bursting with color. Its killing me to leave here, even for a few days. Mid July is really the peak of the gardens here and I just love this time of the year. The container gardens are all filled in, the fuchsias are all in full bloom, the brugs are opening their first blossoms, the early Oriental lilies are starting and the phlox paniculata are opening their first flowers. I was talking to Doug last night and telling him how this four week period in mid summer makes all the rest of the years work worthwhile.

Last night I went to see Ratatouille with my sister-in-law and my friends the Us (Yes the fellow who just had another stint put into his coronary artery) I just loved the movie. What a silly, funny, cute movie. Talking rats have a certain charm. The animation in these new pixar movies is amazing.

Chelone, we got rain out of those storms on Sunday night but no lightning/thunder. I know some places got hammered.

Bug, more terrific pics of Reed. ~~ Bummer about the wood stove. Please, do get it replaced. Things that are supposed to contain fire are not to be messed about with. I have had a pathological fear of fire since a friend of mine and two of her children died in a house fire.

Mary, I just love all your photographs. How clever of you to coordinate a container garden with your fishies! That succulent garden is marvelous. I almost bought that grass a couple times but thought it would look dead in an arrangement. I love that youve done that as a mono-pot. I almost bought that marvelous begonia a couple times this year but held off for some reason. Its really a beauty and perfect with that fuchsia. If you take a cutting get a nice eight inch piece or so, make a clean slice in the stem and put it into water. When traveling I use a water bottle. Thanks! I hope I can get this one going. ~~ I just love the photo of Annie!

Wendy glad youre having a great vacation. Please email me with directions to your house so we can pick you up on Thursday morning. Can you believe it???? Woohoo! Cant wait. Dougs been asking me where you live so he can program it into his gps and I had to tell him I didnt have your address yet. ~~ LOL about the tea bag.

Michelle, love the pics from your garden tour. Clever of that lady to put vignettes with books in her garden. Id like to do some outdoor paintings to put here but never make the time to do them. ~~ Glad to hear your shingles are going away. Im so glad you caught them in time.

Kathy, glad you like those lilies! Yes, they are quite tall. The top of that fence post behind them is five and a half feet tall. Im guessing that the tallest one is pushing seven feet.

V., Me too! ~~ Your dinner sounds scrumptious! How does grass fed beef differ in taste from grain fed? ~~ That photo your DD took of the water lily is awesome!

OK must run and get the watering and deadheading done. Have a great day everyone.
    Deanne

• flowerluvr
    16 years ago

I'm not caught up reading, just had to pop in and ask...Michelle, did you guys get any rain? We're getting a little bit this morning, and there appears to be more behind it. Negative Nora (my dh) is grumbling because we need more than a light shower, but hey....it's a start!!
    Gotta go exercise, but will get back later and catch up with everyone.
    Brenda

• wendy2
    16 years ago

Good morning - in for a break from working in the garden. I could get used to this no work thing! We've always taken two weeks vacation together, DH insists on it. His job is stressful, and he wisely pointed out that a week isn't enough time to properly relax. His theory is that for the first week you are still counting the vacation days, and it really takes until the second week to forget what day it is!

Kathy, I know I'll come back to some piles at the office, but the paper will always wait. Our office is small, just 3 people, so when one is not there the others have to pick up the slack as much as possible. I don't take much time off other than the two weeks. I'm happy to have a job that is challenging while I'm there, but I can lock the door at 5pm and leave it there - that's why I make a great second banana and I don't want to run the place.

'bug, I'm loving the Daddy pics. My DH is very involved with the kids since even before their birth. When he worked nights, he used to come home at midnight and talk to DD in my belly - I swear she'd wake up at the sound of his voice! He probably changed as many diapers as I did, and when they were small he was home with them during the day when I went back to work. We agreed even before we got married that the responsibility of children is a shared one, and that men are just as capable as women.

V, I enjoyed the American Pie video too. I was singing along with the computer - I've always loved that song. Kathy, I played that Beatles album backwards many times - I came to the conclusion that it says "I'm very bored" and that Paul is alive and well.

Babs, yes the ice cream maker is an attachment to the Kitchen Aid stand mixer. You freeze the insulated bowl, then mix the ice cream for 20 minutes or so with the dasher provided. Way too easy! We don't make it too often, but it is good. We've only used it to make vanilla so far, since that's what everyone likes. I want to try sorbet with fresh fruit, or maybe peach ice cream.

Mary, I love the succulent bowl, especially the tiny bowl inside. I'm reading "Skylight Confessions" now. I read "Ice Queen" and "Blackbird House" a while ago. I liked "Blackbird House", it is a collection of stories about a house and the different inhabitants over the years. "Ice Queen" was good too, if a little strange. Her stories are the type that you just don't want to put down - you have to see what happens next.

Looking forward to IU4, but I will miss those who are unable to come this year. 'bug, I've got my camera and I even bought a larger memory card and extra batteries!

Well, I'm heading back outside - enjoy the day all!

-Wendy

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

It's Katie's big day!!!!! Keep your eyes and fingers crossed that the MRI shows something easy to repair and she can be the whirly girl again after I throw more money at a surgery.

Today is complicated by a guest dog in my dining room. Returned as emergency last night because the owner is ....afraid of dogs. I feel for her and thought Katie must have had garlic breath when we did her home visit. She leaned away everytime Katie tried to make contact. Actually I did think she was fearful and recommended a really easy dog for her and lots of support. She got that really easy dog and dog bit her while she was clipping his nails on Sunday. This after I had demonstrated: muzzle first, clip second and told her that Katie had bitten me in the head twice before I learned that lesson. Ya think she'd remember that?! Because greyhounds look sweet people get stupid very fast and forget they communicate with their mouths. And they have a LOT to say. Ack.

V, that photo your daughter took looks like an illustration in a fairy tail. I think someone clever should do an Anne Geddes thing to the water lily with Reed's face :)

Mary, your oranges are glorious! I've been going through an orange phase for the last few years and particularly like leonitus in the fall. I managed to carry it over winter but it won't bloom until later.

Gb, those photos of your son-in-law and Reed are so sensitive. I'm thoroughly enjoying them so don't stop.

Drat, Michelle's birthday was yesterday! I'll be back.

• cynthia_gw
    16 years ago

{{gwi:166997}}

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

{{gwi:166998}}

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

**Happy Birthday Michelle**
    {{gwi:166999}}

• chloehoover
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday, Michelle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{gwi:167000}}

--Cindy

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

DSIL is a way cool guy and that's why I wanted to give him credit through photos. On June 17th, Father's Day, between contractions, this guy cancelled his business trip, phoned close friends to come help, cooked a chicken to make soup, supervised Skyler (Reed's step brother) and his friend who arrived screaming and racing around the house, fed them lunch, adjusted the hot tub temperature, cleaned and vacuumed, washed dishes, heated towels in the oven, made beds, etc...all the time helping DD through contractions and blowing gently on her face to remind her to breathe without words.
    His excitement was enormous. Neither was looking at marriage at the time they met and their wedding was an unexpected miracle to both of them.. The baby was very much wanted and planned for. As some of you know, Skyler was hospitalized at 9 days old and fed through his belly for 2 years afterwards. He was expected to die many times. Every stage that Reed passes is new and awesome to DSIL. But he is very capable and easy with Reed, especially because of the problems with Skyler. Things are not nervous and scary, but joy and humor abound. And so I share with you a thrilled papa with his first son, the day after Reed's birth.

{{gwi:167001}}

Skyler is spending 2 weeks with his mother now. He has phoned twice to "talk" to Reed. He asked if Reed could come with him to his Mom's place and it took a little explaining to say that babies stay with their Mommy and Daddy. It makes sense to him now. Besides, Indy dog would not allow Reed out of sight!
    {{gwi:167003}}

Here Indy rocks the bassinet. She's amazing!
    {{gwi:167005}}

These days when not at work, DSIL is busy making a spice rack for the kitchen, going for walks with Mom and baby, playing street hockey with neighbour kids, cooking and entertaining, helping neighbours and friends with odd jobs, mowing the lawn, and generally living a charmed life. Recently he purchased a life vest for a 9 pounder and so Reed can safely join them in the hot tub...where he loves to relax and look about. DSIL looks forward to January when he will take 6 months leave to be a stay at home dad.

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

Thanks for the lovely birthday pictures. I worked yesterday and we ate dinner out, nothing very exciting.

I hope all goes well for Katie today and a easy fix is possible.

Brenda, the rain came close again, but no cigar.

Babs, be sure to post pictures of the kitchen facelift.

Chelone, what are you sewing.

bug, I recall last year at IU3 when you were telling us about your DDs plans to marry, my what a whirlwind year they have had. It's nice to see them so happy.

Mary, I loved the glimpses of your garden. Wonderful combinations! I particularly was drawn to the succulent pot.

Wendy, Im jealous of your week off to spend hanging out and then off to IU4.

Would you believe that I have lost this post twice? I guess Id better post it pronto.

Michelle

• just_t
    16 years ago

{{gwi:167008}}

Hope you had a wonderful day Michelle!

T.

• honey_mi
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday, Michelle!

{{gwi:167011}}

Well friends, it seems the fates are conspiring for us to miss out on IU4. Yesterday, I tripped over Missys pet gate, fell and twisted my knee. So theres no way I could walk thru all the venues. It was the last straw in a series of TGWs. For some reason, were not supposed to go.

I also woke up yesterday with what I believe is an infection in an upper molar. So I have to make an appt. to check that out. And most sadly, DD phoned in tears and came over. Shed gone home for lunch and our SIL told her hed decided that she was what is making him so unhappy and in so many words wants out of the marriage. DD who is not supposed to be stressed b/c of the Shingles, is devastated. What was really telling tho, is he said that he hasnt been happy in all the time theyve been together. Then he said, In fact, Ive never been happy my whole life". Hes bi-polar and has been off his meds for the last 6 mos. DD believes hes at the bottom of a deep depression. Shes found him lying in a fetal position on the floor crying. Yet, he wont go to counseling saying "Im fine" or stay on his meds "I dont need them", which is typical of those with this condition. He also doesnt want to stay on his meds b/c he wants to drink and stay out at the bar w/his friends (and a recently widowed childhood girlfriend). Stay tuned on this front.

After his diagnosis and tough times since, DD has tried to be helpful and work with him thru his illness which he sees are controlling. As she said, "I vowed for better or worse so I decided to tough it out and see if we could make a life together." Its scary for her (and us) b/c she never knows how hell react to things or what shell face when he comes home. And some of the things hes done are bizarre.

We all concurred that the one who will be hurt the worst thru all this is DGD. What a mess. So for now, DD is going to think through all this for a couple days. We recommended she see a lawyer to just get advice on where she stands. All we can do at this point is support whatever decision she makes and give her safe haven if she needs it.

To lighten things up a bit, heres the tug-a-war from the other day:

{{gwi:167012}}

And heres the latest "Missy tale". Last night as I turned my back to stir something on the stove, I heard this banging and crashing behind me. Missy had been lying on the a/c register, got her name tag caught down in the slots, lifted the register out of the opening and was shaking her head swinging the cover around. Then with a yelp, she fell back into the ductwork hole. It took DH and I 10 min. to get her untangled. Thank goodness she wasnt hurt. So her new parents learned that we have to remove her collar when she comes in the house. Sheesh.

DH had a particularly trying day at work yesterday after being on lay-off for 2 wks. He had Korean supplier on his cell phone with one hand, and a customer conference call on his desk phone. When Korea put him on hold, he reached in his picket for a Tum to settle his stomach and popped it in his mouth. After a few bites he realized it tasted funny he ate a Missy treat instead!

Woody, Copper is beautiful. Ive never heard of that breed. Your taking care of friends dogs sounds like a good alternative to being a full-time parent. Its just like having a baby all over again!

Marian, sounds like both you and Woody are great chefs. Your chicken fried steak sounds yummy.

Brenda, thanks about Bullet. Yep, Missy is quite a distraction, lol!

Deanne, your Regal lilies are to die for. Ive been pining for them since IU2. In fact, your gardens look wonderful all the time!

Love those collage pics of Reed, Bug. Theyre perfect.

Mary, I cant believe how mature Annie is! Wow, when did that happen? Ill bet youre probably saying the same thing. Incredible photos from you, too. Ill be you wore those lime green undies to accent your garden colors, lol.

Hey, Brenda and Michelle, I just got my hair cut today, too. Maybe it is what brot the rain on. Hmmmm.

Oh, Wendy. Be still my heart. That rose is gorgeous!

Cynthia, I hope Whirly girls tests reveal something fixable so shes back to her usual loving self soon.

Well, Im sure going to miss seeing all youse guys at IU4. Hate when Im so clumsy. Hope you take lots of pix.

Gimpy

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

Whirly Girl? How's it goin?????

Honey...bi-polar...indescribable to deal with. Strength isn't enough sometimes. Incredibly sad. Hugs to ALL involved. That Missy....what a gal!

3 drops of rain in the last hour. WE NEED MORE!

• babs_clare
    16 years ago

{{gwi:167014}}

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

Honey, I'm so sorry to hear your DD's news. Hugs all the way around.

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    16 years ago

Honey - your DD's situation is so sad - and kind of scary too. I guess you can only cross your fingers, hope for the
    best and provide that safe haven when/if it's needed.
    It sounds like Missy will be providing light relief for you all for a while. Copper is ~15 months old but still more puppy than adult. She has a beautiful face that for some reason reminds me of Catherine Deneuve - but she moves and acts more like Jar Jar Binks!
    {{gwi:167015}}
    The Briard breed is fairly uncommon in North America. It's certainly an interesting dog. They have a reputation for being clowns! One Briard site I found has this cute section on life with a Briard. We're rapidly learning how true some of it is - we've lost track already of how many times we've said 'It's a Briard.'
    27 reasons to get a Briard
    contributed to Briard-L by Sandy Wicklund

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GET A BRIARD BECAUSE THEY: (Half truths... followed by the real meaning)

Don't shed... "What are these little balls of hair on her?"
    Are very smart... Knowing and doing are 2 different things
    Are alert... When you are near a can opener
    Are gentle... Only breaks 1/2 the things she knocks over
    Are interesting looking... Learn to say, "It's a Briard" 999 times in rapid succession
    Like to sleep near their owners... Buy a bigger bed
    Like to travel... Buy a bigger car
    Like to stay by your side... Buy a bigger couch
    Like to be with you constantly... Build a bigger bathroom
    Are an education pet... Learn the meaning of the word bigger
    Aren't timid... She's begging from the neighbors again
    Are playful... See my black & blue marks?
    Have strong teeth... See my scars?
    Worked for the government during the war... She chewed up the mail again
    Have a thick coat... Pick broken comb teeth out of the carpet
    Keep their toys in one place... Where are my shoes?
    Look cute with a toy in their mouth... Where is the cat?
    Are good watch dogs... Make a lot of noise at 3 a.m. if there is a prowler or a squirrel in the yard
    Are constant companions... "Get out of here, I'm busy!"
    Are fearless... The skunk got her again
    Are good herding dogs... She's got the cat in the closet again
    Have excellent memory... When it's convenient
    Work well with verbal commands... Doctor, I think I have laryngitis
    Have good hearing... That's right, I'm talking to you!
    Are economical... We can't go out to dinner, I've got dog school
    Are easy to housbreak... Brown spots give the lawn contrast
    ARE A HEART WRAPPED IN FUR... 100% TRUE

GB - we're enjoying the pictures of your SIL with Reed.
    The samosas taste even better than they look! I don't like peas in samosas and the restaurant ones usually have peas - these ones don't. Also, making your own means you can make them with extra lean beef and fry them in oil with no trans fats - so you don't feel quite as guilty eating them (which, of course, means you eat too many...) I have about 3 doz. in the freezer and we plan to make more plus onion bahjis sometime soon. I'm sure we could be persuaded to share the bounty sometime... :-)
    Get that woodstove straightened out! It sounds very dangerous....

Mary - nice oranges! I don't like yellows and avoid them in my garden but I'm finding that I like oranges and rusty reds lately. I'm gradually adding some on the south side of the house and in the herb bed on the south side of the driveway. They seem to go nicely with the deep purple of Jackmani and Jackmani Superba clematis - in an eye-popping kind of way!

V - I like the American Pie video - there was enough text so I could follow it and I could 'hear' the music because it was familiar stuff.

Chelone - waiting for pictures......!

Cynthia - crossing my fingers for good news on the whirly girl...

Michelle - Happy Birthday. I haven't been taking many garden pictures (too dry - not exactly lush out there at the moment...) but will try for some tomorrow.

My mind is a blank - Hi to everyone else.

• wendy2
    16 years ago

{{gwi:167016}}

Happy Birthday Michelle!

Honey, sorry to hear you can't join us. So sad about your DD, sounds like a difficult situation. Everything happens for a reason; maybe it is best you aren't going on a trip so that you are close by to be there for her if needed.

Chelone, I'm glad Rex is recovering nicely; though I know how you feel about dogs.

Cynthia, sending good thoughts for your Katie girly.

Woody, you are making me hungry!

I wanted to show you guys this leaf - this is Illustrus - there are 2 leaves like this, then the newer one is normal.

{{gwi:167017}}

The swirly leaves came up when the plant was in a shadier spot, then the regular one came up after I'd moved it to a sunnier place. I think I'll put it back in the shade!

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    16 years ago

{{gwi:167018}}

• babs_clare
    16 years ago

Just a quick stop in to say Honey I'm sorry things have been rough going and that you can't go to IU4.I know the gang will miss your spunkiness: )

How devastating for your DD!! I'm thankful she has such supportive parents-she's really going to need it. How frustrating to know someone needs desperate help and it's really their own call yet they aren't thinking clearly. I hope somehow things turn out for the better. I always cringe when I hear a person needing meds decided to go off them.
    Funny about Tom eating Missy's kibble; ) I'm so glad you were close nearby when Missy needed help with her collar!

Yay! The wallpaper arrived today-much sooner than I expected: ) I still won't get going until we are back from vacation though. I will eventually show pics of my selections-still need to find ceiling paper too. The walls in my kitchen are so badly cracked-structurally eveything is fine but to make them smooth would be a total gut that I don't want to do since we aren't here 'forever'.

Yes,'Bug,we plan to move within a year or so becasue my mom wants to sell her house to us and get a smaller place.

We finally got some rain spittle...not enough to make much difference though.

~babs

• flowerluvr
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday, Michelle! Sorry, my camera is out on loan, so no pic :( We got cheated on the rain once again, too. A tenth and a half...when you're counting halves of tenths, you know you're grasping at straws. Light shower again this morning, maybe a couple of tenths. There is still hope for today. Maybe the humidity will be high enough to kick something up..the rain is all following the front which is just a bit south of us.

'Bug, DSIL is such a good Daddy! I love that Skyler wanted to take Reed to his Mom's with him...what a cutie!

Honey, I'm so sorry about DD-just heart-breaking. Tough situation for everyone involved. I was in a bad relationship years ago, and I had NO idea what it must have been like for my Mom until my DD grew up and moved away from home. Constant worry, and she's single. I'll be thinking of you and your family. I can imagine how worried you are for her and DGD. (((Honey)))
    Poor Missy..bet that scared the crap out of her. Take care of that knee, and tell DH to go easy on the dog treats, lol! I hope your streak of unpleasant events is at it's end.
    Guess you can help some of us hold down the fort, but I know you'd rather be at IU4. More hugs for Honey!

Woody-Copper is beautiful! I've never heard of the breed, but got quite an education on them based on your list, lol!

Hope to hear good news from Cynthia about the whirly twirly girl.

I'm nowhere near caught up, but a big HOWDY to everyone. Gotta go shower and start the day. I may drag DH to town with me, just to get him away from looking at the radar for a while. He went on a crop walk last night, and said the crops look better than they have any reason to, but he's getting pretty discouraged. We still have a shot at rain today and tonight. Let's hope it makes it, or I may run away from home and join up with the IU gang until this blows over, lol!
    Take care, all!
    Brenda

• deanneart
    16 years ago

{{gwi:167019}}

Hope you had a wonderful day!

• chelone
    16 years ago

My camera is not on loan, and I've even made a special trip to the archives to find something appropriate to convey my fond and warm birthday greetings to Michelle...

{{gwi:167020}}

Many happy returns!

• chelone
    16 years ago

I would like to convey my sympathy to Honey with respect to your daughter's plight. Even knowing the nature of the disorder can't possibly dull the ache and hurt that accompanies, "I've never been happy...". The poor dearS, so tough all the way around. To watch it from the "sidelines" must be excrutiating. I'm so sorry. But sorrier still about your KNEE. One more reason why I hate those lazy, goodfornothin;, fleabags. ;)

Speaking for fleabags, our's had his staples removed today. The open part of the incision (where he removed them on his own) is to receive "a tincture" twice daily to preclude any nasties settin' up camp. He gets another round of oral antibiotics, too, as a reward for his stellar behavior. He's going out of his mind now. He is growing incrreasingly restless at a time when it's REALLY important for him to go easy on his knee. Poor thing must think his life is over, about now (but he deserves it, bein' a dog, 'n' all). Always a leash, always a short "walkie", and then back to his "launching pad" (a bed with a view out the window to the driveway and road). I can't wait until he's allowed to go for a 1/4 mile walk (about 2 weeks). How long do you think it will take before he blows out the OTHER knee? cringe.

I just spoke with the foundation and floor guy; he stopped by to check out the progress and I was able to give him some of the details, increased thickness of the area under the stairs and where the furnace and chimney will go. He's rather "dry", a man of few words and all about gettin' the job done and moving on to the next one. But He warmed right up and we had a few laughs about innovations in materials. He seemed a little surprised that "the lady of the house" was interested in the garage floor, but he explained how they pour, how they reinforce, and how they cut in the expansion joints. More and more, I realize that while I may work with fabric and foam I'm essentially a "builder"/"framer" person, too.

Woody, Copper's body has outrun her mind, huh? Rex was a bit older when we adopted him. It always killed me that he didn't lift his leg then, and he would "tinkle" when we returned home and throw himself of the ground before us. Then he'd get up and run around and chase his tail... at nearly 100 lbs. he looked pretty silly. Copper has that "sticky" mouth thing goin' on, though... dunno. What is the Briard bred to do? how big at maturity? is it a dog that requires grooming/clipping? And speaking of dogs, did any of you hear the horrific story on NPR's Morning Edition about the NFL player who was bagged for engaging in dog fighting and gambling? I sure don't understand the whole "gangsta" thing and how ANYONE could be so devoid of empathy that they'd do such things to an animal... but I don't understand shootin' up a neighborhood full of innocent people to stake your turf, either. They played a clip of a Fox interview of him... he was barely able to speak intelligently. Some role model. ICKY.

The "Vactionland Express" is now cleaned up. (Does anyone know a fool-proof way to removed dog nose prints from automotive glass? I cursed him roundly, you know.). I have two functional back seats now. I have one remaining chore: get to the grocery store for some hors d'oevres, tonic, and a few limes.

Our "grandfather" clock has gone to the clock doctor for some TLC. The case is still in the corner, but the works and face are gone. It seems so strange not to hear it ticking along and I can't tell you how many times we've both looked over to it to see what time it is! The man working on it has been in business since 1960 and he works on the antique clocks in the Governor's mansion, as well as many of the historic sites and museums around the state. To my knowledge, the clock has received NO care in well over 30 years, so I figured it was "due". The chimes have never worked and it will be nice to know how to set them (or not). I'm excited about it.

OK, gotta get to the store. Later!

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

I've been reading to catch up with what you've all been up to but it's all still a jumble. We had to take an emergency trip up to my mom and dad. My mom took a turn for the worst Sunday and it was touch and go for awhile. But she's rallied some and is out of ICU as of this morning so I'm back home as of late this afternoon.

Happy Birthday Michelle. Sorry I missed it. I'll get a card up for you as soon as I get a chance. I hope you had a wonderful day.

Honey, sorry to hear about your knee and you having to cancel from IU. I'm also sorry to hear about your daughters troubles. I know you must be worried sick about her. Sounds like Missy is keeping you hopping!

Mary, great pics from your garden and love the miniatures in the succulent pot!

Marie, I think you're smitten with DSIL and with good reason. Wonderful pics!

I know I'm missing so much but that's all I can recall now. My brain's pretty much mush at this point and I need a good nights sleep. It was great to be able to sit here for a while and read what you've all been up to.

Eden

• galium
    16 years ago

I've been reading everyone's posts here for several days. I miss the friendliness and camaraderie of the group I belonged to on the RR forum. Our group disbanded and moved to Yahoo Groups........well you know how that goes. Only a few of us participate now. I am curious about 2 things what does Idyll stand for and what is IU????

Thanks
    Mariann