Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pink

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 30, 10 at 11:43

Add your pink garden blooms and decor....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pink

A few more...

Cyclamen

Anemonella macrophylla (more lavender/purple)

o

Cool thread Bug!!!! Love all the pics!

Here is a contribution from NH

o

You do have a lot of wonderful pinks Deanne!
In the last photo, is that an agastache or a fuchsia behind the astilbe?
Nice phlox, without mildew too. My very tall pink phlox should be blooming soon.

(Sorry I misnamed my little blooms above. Those are Anemonopsis macrophylla)

o

You're on a roll 'bug; another outstanding thread !

From Garden 2010 Spring

From Garden 2010 Spring

From Garden 2010 Spring

From Events

o

'bug, I love cyclamen but I can't get it to over winter in my garden.

Deanne, I just knew you would have some pretty pink blooms. Is that a celosia?

Kathy, of course would have lovely pink roses. I like the last photo - a very unique look.

A few pinks from me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Wonderful, wonderful photos one and all! Michelle, yes that is cleosia and Bug the plant behind that is a Cuphea cyanea.

As soon as I saw the roses I knew it was Kathy, Lovely photos! So what are their names??? Inquiring minds would love to know? and that last shot, Is that ice plant?

Michelle, love the echinacea/sedum combo and is that an asclepias I see in there?

And one I tried to post but had a typo so it didn't show

Deanne

o

Deanne, the rex begonias are to die for. I don't have good luck with them at all. I really only see celosia in the orange/red/yellow colors as well as the cuphea in red. I like your pinks.

That is asclepias incarnata. After all its in my Butterfly garden.

Michelle

o

Bravo to all the great pinks !

The roses Deanne, are 'Mary Rose' an Austin, and 'The Fairy'

o

Michelle, I've never had good luck with the Rex's before either but this year decided to change plant food and only water when they were dry and voila! I think something in the Algoflash food gives them powdery mildew so I stopped using it on all my begonias and they are all doing so much better this year. The only one I had problems with was an Escargot against the back of the house and I think it got too much water from the sprinkler when I water that bed. It also got more direct late afternoon sun during the worst of the heat wave.

Thanks Kathy, I would have guessed that the second rose was 'Bonica' and not 'The Fairy' the flowers look larger than the ones on mine.

Deanne

o

Deanne, that' s a macro shot of 'The Fairy' , the flowers are in fact small. You had also asked about iceplant , and yse that is correct, this was apic I took when I went to Santa Barbra in April. I never see it here in Norcal , but it;s all over the place down south. Can you tell what the Phlox is in your 1st pic ?

o

Kathy, that is a dwarf phlox 'Pink Flame' which is not such a dwarf but definitely shorter than the standard varieties. I actually shear this clump in June to keep it shorter than the birdbath. It's a real performer and blooms its heart out.

o

My contribution of pink...

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

o

I didn't think I had anything to add to this thread, but when I got to looking around, I found a few things!

And finally, my vase has some pink in it :)

o

Saucy, what lovey surprises. I think you need to count your pots too perhaps?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here