Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

pink

gardenbug
13 years ago

Add your pink garden blooms and decor....

{{gwi:168094}}

{{gwi:168097}}

{{gwi:168098}}

{{gwi:168102}}

Comments (14)

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

A few more...

Cyclamen
    {{gwi:168106}}

Anemonella macrophylla (more lavender/purple)
    {{gwi:168108}}

• deanneart
    13 years ago

Cool thread Bug!!!! Love all the pics!

Here is a contribution from NH
    {{gwi:168110}}

{{gwi:168113}}

{{gwi:168115}}

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You do have a lot of wonderful pinks Deanne!
    In the last photo, is that an agastache or a fuchsia behind the astilbe?
    Nice phlox, without mildew too. My very tall pink phlox should be blooming soon.

(Sorry I misnamed my little blooms above. Those are Anemonopsis macrophylla)

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

You're on a roll 'bug; another outstanding thread !
    {{gwi:154689}}From Garden 2010 Spring
    {{gwi:168117}}From Garden 2010 Spring
    {{gwi:168119}}From Garden 2010 Spring
    {{gwi:168122}}From Events

• michelle_zone4
    13 years ago

'bug, I love cyclamen but I can't get it to over winter in my garden.

Deanne, I just knew you would have some pretty pink blooms. Is that a celosia?

Kathy, of course would have lovely pink roses. I like the last photo - a very unique look.

A few pinks from me.

{{gwi:168125}}

{{gwi:168127}}

{{gwi:168129}}

• deanneart
    13 years ago

Wonderful, wonderful photos one and all! Michelle, yes that is cleosia and Bug the plant behind that is a Cuphea cyanea.

As soon as I saw the roses I knew it was Kathy, Lovely photos! So what are their names??? Inquiring minds would love to know? and that last shot, Is that ice plant?

Michelle, love the echinacea/sedum combo and is that an asclepias I see in there?

And one I tried to post but had a typo so it didn't show
    {{gwi:168131}}

Deanne

• michelle_zone4
    13 years ago

Deanne, the rex begonias are to die for. I don't have good luck with them at all. I really only see celosia in the orange/red/yellow colors as well as the cuphea in red. I like your pinks.

That is asclepias incarnata. After all its in my Butterfly garden.

Michelle

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

Bravo to all the great pinks !

The roses Deanne, are 'Mary Rose' an Austin, and 'The Fairy'

• deanneart
    13 years ago

Michelle, I've never had good luck with the Rex's before either but this year decided to change plant food and only water when they were dry and voila! I think something in the Algoflash food gives them powdery mildew so I stopped using it on all my begonias and they are all doing so much better this year. The only one I had problems with was an Escargot against the back of the house and I think it got too much water from the sprinkler when I water that bed. It also got more direct late afternoon sun during the worst of the heat wave.

Thanks Kathy, I would have guessed that the second rose was 'Bonica' and not 'The Fairy' the flowers look larger than the ones on mine.

Deanne

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

Deanne, that' s a macro shot of 'The Fairy' , the flowers are in fact small. You had also asked about iceplant , and yse that is correct, this was apic I took when I went to Santa Barbra in April. I never see it here in Norcal , but it;s all over the place down south. Can you tell what the Phlox is in your 1st pic ?

• deanneart
    13 years ago

Kathy, that is a dwarf phlox 'Pink Flame' which is not such a dwarf but definitely shorter than the standard varieties. I actually shear this clump in June to keep it shorter than the birdbath. It's a real performer and blooms its heart out.

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    13 years ago

My contribution of pink...

{{gwi:168132}}

• saucydog
    13 years ago

I didn't think I had anything to add to this thread, but when I got to looking around, I found a few things!

{{gwi:168146}}

{{gwi:168148}}

{{gwi:168150}}

And finally, my vase has some pink in it :)

{{gwi:168151}}

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Saucy, what lovey surprises. I think you need to count your pots too perhaps?