Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Idyll#449- Silent Magic

gardenbug
14 years ago

They may be neglected, they may be enormous work, but our gardens really are silent magic. They can produce surprises, they can be therapeutic, they always produce stories.

Comments (100)

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

There are still a few lilies that have not opened yet, but I thought Id share these with you. Late July and August often finds my garden looking pretty sad months with no rain, heat , overgrowth etc, but the lilies provide a wonderful distraction. In my new expanded areas I will be able to add several more lilies this fall and have already created a list.

This yellow has no tag but it's one of my favorites-think I picked it up a 'no name' sale. {{gwi:168232}}From Garden 2009

Aprila...This plant is taller than me, and has multiplied nicely this year {{gwi:168233}}From Garden 2009

Giggle Button {{gwi:168234}}From Garden 2009

Basil Orchard in the foreground , with one of my fave Dahlias "Chilsons Pride' . The "Envy" Zinnias are just in front of the Dahlia but they have just started blooming so they are barely visible.

Back to the chores !

Kathy in Napa {{gwi:168235}}From Garden 2009

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kathy, is your lily very tall and perhaps an "Orienpet" lily? I have one that looks very similar and is called "American Flame". It is at least 6' tall now in its second year, although was normal height in year one..

One Tamarack tree and one small Hemlock have had their bases tidied up and I am BUSHED. I guess the thistles must be done tomorrow. Sigh.

Time to cook salmon, corn on the cob and something else !?!! It would be wonderful to get to my knitting for a while later.

Wonderful weather here, and I hope at your home too!

'bug

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

'bug, it is actually only about 4ft, though it faces down a bit like some of the Orienpets do. I will look up American Flame , I would love to have more this color..

Kathy

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

Kathy - your garden is looking very good at this point still. I think almost all gardens start looking a bit tired by August at least. Are lily beetles a problem out there? I'd love to have more lilies in the garden but the beetles leave them looking so sad; it's depressing so I don't bother!

I had a fairly lazy day but Randy was very productive. He deadheaded the swag portions I can't reach and tackled the tangle of canes on top of the arbour, trying to cut some of the oldest stuff out. It was serious work:
    {{gwi:168236}}

Liam went home tonight. Misty will be in a sulk for a few days with no buddy to keep her company.

gb - I assume the corn is not local...? This cold summer is probably been slowing the growth of crops like that. We haven't been doing a lot of driving around in the country lately so I haven't seen how tall - or not - corn plants are. Local corn always seems one of the signs of the end of summer so, while I love frosh corn on the cob, I'm not ready to be thinking of summer's end yet!

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The corn at our place is quite tall already! The rains have really aided the growth. I'm beginning to see late summer's arrival. For me the sign is the opening of the first hollyhocks. But the lawn remains bright green this year...most unusual!

YEAH! Travel plans made with DH tonight. Time now for 10 rows of knitting, then a bath. Just like Mary, this is my treat.

14 years ago

Kathy - your garden is looking very good at this point still. I think almost all gardens start looking a bit tired by August at least. Are lily beetles a problem out there? I'd love to have more lilies in the garden but the beetles leave them looking so sad; it's depressing so I don't bother!

I had a fairly lazy day but Randy was very productive. He deadheaded the swag portions I can't reach and tackled the tangle of canes on top of the arbour, trying to cut some of the oldest stuff out. It was serious work:
    {{gwi:168236}}

Liam went home tonight. Misty will be in a sulk for a few days with no buddy to keep her company.

gb - I assume the corn is not local...? This cold summer is probably been slowing the growth of crops like that. We haven't been doing a lot of driving around in the country lately so I haven't seen how tall - or not - corn plants are. Local corn always seems one of the signs of the end of summer so, while I love frosh corn on the cob, I'm not ready to be thinking of summer's end yet!

• deanneart
    14 years ago

Good morning,

Well I just heard the weather forecast for Thursday and Im hoping against hope that the weather guy is wrong, wrong, wrong. Initially they were just predicting scattered thunder storms but now he thinks we will be in for a round of tropical deluges in the order of an inch or more on Thursday evening.. Arrrrgggghhhh..So all Idyllerrs traveling to NH on Thursday, BRING YOUR RAIN GEAR. LOL This brings to mind the IU at Sues. a few years back. It poured. Oh well, after the weather weve had this summer this should come as no surprise.

Woody, I LOVE that pic of Randy. LOL What an expression. ~~ I so wish you could be here too!!!! Im seriously trying to get Doug to take a drive up your way later on this season. Id love to visit you and Bug again. ~~ RE the lily beetles. Bayer makes a systemic product that contains Imidacloprid which takes care of the problem. I sprinkled a capful of the granular product (says its for trees but works fine for the lilies) at the bases of each clump of lilies and voila. Almost no more beetles. I didnt get to all the groups of lilies in the gardens but the ones I did are beetle free and continue to be OK two months later. ~~~ I agree that gardens can really get tired looking by August but my containers take care of that problem because they are just coming into their full glory by that time of the year.

Kathy, your gardens are looking glorious! I just love the Oriental lily time of the year. You cant get too much of that delicious scent. Your yellow one has the same color as my favorite Taragonna which is an Orienpet. They will be blooming when you get here but the rain will probably have them not looking their best.

V. I wish I could have gone on that farm tour with you. It sounds like it was a great time and so interesting.

Michelle, I lost most of my Moonbeam coreopsis last winter. Ive no idea why. Theyve been here for years and this is my first summer without its lovely pale yellow flowers.

Hi Mary, it sounds like youve got a lot to accomplish before you head out on Thursday. I cant wait to see you and hear all about your chickens! How is David doing?

OK Ive got to use this last sunny day of the week and get some more work done outside before the rain begins. Have a great day all.

Deanne

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pack
    Garden
    Bank
    Pet care instructions...

The car picks me up at 5:45AM. It's a long trip for such a short distance! I may not even take my camera. Others will have theirs.

• gardeningmary
    14 years ago

Deanne - a lot could change with the forecast before Thursday but even if the worst happens it will in no way keep the Idyllers out of your gardens. I remember going barefoot in Sue's in the heaviest rain and loving every minute of it. I'll just throw an umbrella in.

GB - you had me worried thinking I'd be arriving too late and I just rushed to check the itinerary. Are you leaving tomorrow?

Kathy - your lilies are superb. A garden can never have too many. Especially if you don't have deer to devastate them.

Woody - that is a great picture of Randy. Is he enjoying retirement so far?

I've already gardened for an hour and a half this morning, enjoying the lovely cool fresh air. DH had helped remove a yew stump so I have a new area to play with. I should really tackle some housework now though - Le Sigh.

Mary

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Don't panic Mary, I'm just a great worrier! I leave Thursday. Off to battle the thistles now...

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

Tomorrow is Friday for me at the awfice ..and then its off to IU6 I go . I am completing all the packing and watering tonight, pausing a moment to wonder what state my garden will be in when I return. DS will be left a list of must waters and hopefully at least the containers will muddle through without me.

As we have not heard a peep from Chelone in a few days, I assume she is completeing feverish preparations, or else she and the Helpmeet have gotten cold feet and skipped town !

Will pack my umbrella !

Kathy in Napa

• chloehoover
    14 years ago

Well, I arrived in Southern Vermont in record time today -- waved at some idyller towns on the way... it was thankfully an uneventful drive and good weather!

My SIL seems to have us heavily scheduled for the next couple of days and here I was hoping to just rest up for the IU events, LOL.... off to Simon Pearce destination factory/restaurant tomorrow and Im hoping a stop at Walker Farms (you know just to look at plants?)....

The weather is sounding a bit dicey for the next few days - I think slickers and umbrellas may be wise for idyllers traveling to this part of the world.

Deanne, I know we'll love your gardens wet or dry!!

--cindy

• chelone
    14 years ago

Still here, no cold feet, just tired ones. Plodding ahead slowly avoiding a series of potholes that have not made the way a smooth one. But maintaining a sense of humor and know that in spite of the present chaos all will be fine and lots of fun... camping can be like that, you know. :)

Need to hem a pair of slacks and then get back to work. Pant. Bring insect repellent, you guys... the mosquitos are brutal, little ones, hungry and eager to lay eggs and keep the population going.

• jak1
    14 years ago

WooHoo! Packing today!I get to leave at 4:45 on Thursday morning....DH and TCS are taking me to the airport....Nice long chat with Marie last night and a short one with Deanne. This is going to be the highlight of my summer!

Going to also cut the lawn today and then take some photos so I can share....

Don't worry, Marie my camera is little and old and I am bringing it!.

My heart goes out to Deanne and Chelone who, I am sure are running around like chickens....oops,sorry Mary, just a little slip of the mind there! I know I would be going nuts about now if I were a host.

Discussing with DH last night how I would have liked to bring something nice from Canada as a keepsake for the Idyllers....he suggested pemmican and blubber "Both of which you have on your person ha ha ha". Sweet man.

Off I go to get my day started. I'll check in later!

Cheers

Julie

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

WOW! A kingfisher is sitting on the power line right outside my window! That's a first! Usually they are down near our bridge.

Yes, things are getting closer and closer to travel time. I hope there will be bug repellent at the destination because I cannot bring liquids on board the plane. I may need a quick stop at a drugstore for anti-itch stuff too as I get a bad reaction to bites. C'est la vie. I'm used to it though Chelone...This is West Nile paradise here.

Yesterday's garden efforts were exhausting but worthwhile. I rescued shrubs and trees from thistles and burdocks and other huge weeds that threatened their lives. In fact one shrub was killed by them. The deadly nightshade is horrendous back there. DH kindly disposed of two wagon loads of the mess and things are looking quite good there now..until it all grows back! Still a few to tackle though.

We are told to expect rain for much of the week. That will get DH off the hook while I'm away I guess. :)

I'm hoping PM is feeling better bit by bit, that Marian's vegetable crop is ripening, that Mary has made an omelette, and that life is good for one and all.
    'bug

14 years ago

Julie - the 'pemican and blubber' comment got a chuckle here.... I wonder how many Canadians have actually tried pemican - I haven't even seen it!

Mary - Randy says he's enjoying retirement so far although he missed having the regular routine that getting up; going to work; etc.... creates and he does miss the parts of work he enjoyed - but not the annoying stuff! It took me about 3 years after I stopped working for staying home to feel 'normal' and I still feel a bit odd if I'm downtown in the middle of the day. So I expect it'll be the same for Randy. When his father early-retired, his parents felt very unsettled and within a year or two had 'pullet up stakes' and moved to BC! I think a good part of the reason was that it drove his father crazy watching his friends in the neighbourhood going off to work each morning while he stayed home with nothing much to do and felt old :-) On the plus side Randy says he feels physically the best he's felt in years. He goes for several very long walks a day and has lost some of the weight that settles around the gut when men reach a certain age :-)

Deanne - Randy was 'hamming it up' in that picture :-) It would be great if you and Doug made the trip north and came for a visit. It's a long drive - are you guys the type that like long drives? I hate them...!

• saucydog
    14 years ago

Good morning!

I'm reading along, but things are busy here :)

{{gwi:168237}}

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

Marie, my 'vegetable crop' is coming along. :-) I have small cucumbers large enough to eat, and the first of the Sweet 100 tomatoes has turned red.

I too, hope Pm2 is getting better. That condition would be a real bummer.

My condition is not so great either....the meds are not helping all that much. I keep hoping this too shall pass...without more doctor visits. At least it keeps me from feeling badly that I cannot join the group at the IU. I know I would not be up to it, even if the circumstances would let me go.

We continue to get nice rains, and cool weather. That is such a blessing, because it relieves me from having to water. Most of my plantings look good. The new containers have escaped the browsers, but older ones have not, as well as plants in beds that I failed to protect. I was so pleased that a glad was going to bloom, in the bed right in front of the house, by the honey locust. But it did not make it! Nipped off before it could open. The white balloon flowers were pruned off, but have rebounded and have more blooms than before. 3 pots of tender Hibiscus were well pruned. They are now recovering on the front porch. Ahhh, the joys of living in the wilderness!

Woody, I got a kick out of Randy's expression also. :-)

Marie, I like the pics of Phoebe...all of them, and with her friends. She is cutest, in my opinion, with more hair, but as I always say, when mine is cut too short...hair grows.

I am sure I have missed a lot that I found interesting, but rest assured, I have read all, and enjoyed reading it.

Marian

• deanneart
    14 years ago

Well the two guest bedrooms are thoroughly cleaned and have clean sheets ready for Sue and Mary. (In case anyone is wondering how they got the guestrooms, way back when we first started talking about starting IU6 here on Thursday night I said it was first come first served and they were the first two to ask, LOL) I've done four loads of laundry and am making inroads on getting the rest of the house cleaned. Also, am getting my packing ready to leave here on Friday. I was originally planning on doing the house cleaning tomorrow but its pouring rain outside today so I'll have to do the planned garden work tomorrow.

Gorgeous vignette Saucy! Love it, especially the leaf!

Great to talk to Julie last night. All is set for the airport pick ups in Manchester.

Woody, Doug and I like to take car trips and Doug especially likes getting out and going places.

Bug, we have stores with bug repellent here in NH and ME. LOL. No worries there will be plenty to share. ~~Can't believe your have a resident Kingfisher! fabulous! Wish I was there with my camera.

Mary, I remember traipsing about Sue's gardens barefooted in the pouring rain in July too. As I recall it was a day much like today is. Chilly as well as wet and it didn't keep us from having a great time and seeing the gardens.

Whoops, the dryer buzzer just went off and I need to go and fold some clothes, make the bed and hang Doug's permanent press.

TTYL
    Deanne

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Finished more weeding and mowing just in time. The rain has started. YEAH, I don't need to water today!

Tonight I hope to finish knitting the hood of the baby sweater for Ivy. That will leave me to do the sleeves when I return.

Today they think they have found the body of the missing little girl I spoke of earlier. The area where she was found is eerily like our property, with a bridge crossing over the creek. No wonder we were interviewed! The parents need closure, and unfortunately they probably have it now.

Like Deanne, I'm off to do more laundry and packing. I think I will travel very light and so people will get tired of my simple wardrobe...It is chilly here now too. Tomorrow I think I'll get out the green nail polish...or will it be red this time? The only time I ever wear any is for Idylls..and this will be my third time.

'bug- again!

• gardeningmary
    14 years ago

GB - quite a bit of my wardrobe is the same as at IU4, two years ago. Except things fit a little snugger. Simple is good.

One important question has not yet been addressed though - have we designated a toe nail varnish color?

I have so much to do I can't even think about it but several good things happened today. Annie had her first interview at a Ski shop and it sounds as though it went swimmingly. I was able to apply for two jobs which I think I am pretty well qualified for, and both carry insurance. My garden job went well and apparently I received several compliments from guests on a recent tour the owners hosted. Red Betty has continued to lay an egg a day and they are delicious. I made blueberry jam and it too is delicious (though not on the eggs) and I got my library books back on time without a fine.

Anticipation builds...

Mary

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I too like the leaf Saucy! Hosta?

V, this is for you. Crazy Veronicastrum:
    {{gwi:168238}}

Just cut off the blooms from Husker's Red Penstemmon and weeded a bit. Folded laundry. Now for the knitting.

DH worked at sweeping the worst of the barn this afternoon. Too bad they don't give awards for just keeping up with things!

Mary, Congratulations. So much progress...and well deserved too!
    'bug

• veronicastrum
    14 years ago

Crazy Veronicastrum is right - I'm off to get a pedicure and I'm contemplating possible colors. . .

V.

• saucydog
    14 years ago

I painted mine "No Room For the Blues" :)

• veronicastrum
    14 years ago

There was no room for the blues at the nail place, so I went with a deep purple instead. If there's any Smoke on the Water this weekend, it may be coming from my toes!

V.

• michelle_zone4
    14 years ago

The excitement seems to be building and I'm oh so jealous. Maybe someday.

Saucy, the leaf is wonderful! I made 2 from h. 'Sum and Substance' I'm quite nervous about whether they will turn out.

Kathy, gorgeous lilies. The orientpets have started here too and the scent is heavenly.

Mary, good luck on the jobs, hopefully you will find the right fit.

The weather here is still quite cool for July. It is certainly pleasant weather to work in the garden.

Night all

Michelle

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

Checking in here from the first stop on my journey, airport hotel, where there is free internet and a shuttle at an ungodly hour tomorow to catch my flight to IU ! I am saddened to note that the one and only task I did not manage was the pedicure.My toenails remain unattractively bare and ragged. Perhaps and opportunity will arise before pre-game at Deannes.

All for me tonight... More news tomorow !

Kathy at SFO

• chelone
    14 years ago

MIne will be nicely accented with thinset mortar, grout, and Bullseye primer. ;)

My little Spencer has been under the weather for going on 2 days now. He's been resting in various locations, hasn't eaten anything, but has visited the catbox. Poor little thing.

Forecast looks grim for Friday, sadly. Bring your umbrellas and a raincoat. :(

• saucydog
    14 years ago

The good thing about lobster is that it tastes good rain or shine :)

Saucy

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I can recommend Mary for painting toenails...She did mine at the first IU!

Today is wind-it-all up day... so I'll be running around like Mary's chickens. I imagine Deanne and Chelone will be doing the same, only more so, before acting cool and composed tomorrow.

Spencer, be well please.

For those of you not attending, we will be talking about you!!! LOL! :)

• gardeningmary
    14 years ago

GB - yes, I think of you every time I see green toe nails (varnish that is).

I too will be running round like Red Betty, wondering why in the world I scheduled my book group the night before leaving town. My pedicure might fly by the wayside but it sounds as though socks and boots could be the order of the day. I would like to say I was busily productive getting ready last night but instead spent the evening making a crocheted wire necklace. My creative urges nearly always strike at inconvenient times and yet I allow myself to follow them.

TODAY, I will clean the house (and go to the bead store for a clasp for my new necklace).

Michelle - I will miss seeing you so much.

Feel better Spencer.

I'm off to attack the dust bunnies and laundry singing "I'm so excited"

Mary

• jak1
    14 years ago

Jeez, has anybody checked on the Maine weather for the next five days? Wet, and COLD. 60F for you Americans, 16C for us from Canader. Quick change of packing - only one pair of shorts, add sox and maybe fleece to go with the sweat shirt and rain jacket. Going shopping for a teeny umbrella....no need for the curling iron - my beautiful locks are thin and limp in the damp. (Well, they're thin and limp at the best of times!) I'll bring shampoo so at least they'll be clean!

I seem to have toally missed the pecidure requirement...I guess I'll have to shop for something interesting in terms of colour...and I'll have to soak my toes in Javex to remove/disguise the garden grottiness...Oh, so much work *LOL*

As I moaned briefly about the weather, the ever-wise DH commented that I could be wet. cold and miserable here, or wet, cold, and having a blast there...that's sure a no-brainer!

Mowed and trimmed and weeded and overseeded the back yesterday, so nothing to do there now. My intent was to work on the front today but hey! it's raining!. I may actually weed as there is very little to do, trim a few things, again minimal, and leave the front hayfield for DH to mow.

The "Spite Fence" is going up next door, only on our side of the neighbour's lot. It is at least 6 feet high, and is about 8 inches from our chain link. Interesting here that the by-law limits fence height to two meters and requires the "good" side to be facing out. I wonder how they're going to do that with only 8 inches to stand in while they're putting up the wood? And I wonder about the weeds etc. that are going to grow between the fences...won't that vegetation eventually rot the wood? I intend to plant stuff along the fence so I won't have to look at the weedy strip but it sure is a ridiculous situation.

Most of the neighbours are dumbfounded by this lady's activity. This fence of hers will effectivly block off all of her windows. Known as "cutting off your nose to spite your face" in my mother's words. One neighbour suggested that she cover her entire lot with a dome and paint it black *LOL*. We're taking the high road, no negative comments and we don't initiate any discussion about it. One neighbour said she was quite surprised that we seem o.k. with it...our reply was that we don't associate with this lady, and her fence gives us a beautiful private yard open only to the park and the orchard....we only have one little window on that side so there is no problem there. It actually works for us....

It will be all completed when I return so bring your suggestions for vines, climbers etc (Yeah I know Marie, clematis!) with you for late night discussion.

WooHoo I'm a-comin' to IUVI!

Cheers!

Julie

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No time to post a long one now. I have a pedicure appointment to get to!

Like Mary, I still need to pack but got sidetracked by moving some books to the basement and cleaning off the livingroom shelves. Then I cleaned out a few of my mother's boxes in the barn with DH before his voice lesson, then trimmed some branches from eye level on a path. Then I mowed the last bit. Why now? Beats me!

'bug

• saucydog
    14 years ago

I'll bet the "eagle has landed" and that Kathy is at Wendy's by now :)

Time to go finish packing! I'm headed to Wendy's tomorrow and then to Deanne's for the beginning of the festivities....I'm bringing agendas for all as I just confirmed our plans for Sunday this morning! Talk about cutting it close....phew!

Saucy

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you so much for all your work Saucy! You're a gem!

• gardeningmary
    14 years ago

Nothing is in my suitcase yet but the house is clean (or cleaner), Mojitos are ready for mixing for bookclub and I have several books on tape for the drive tomorrow. I might be up late.....

I can't wait to be with you all.

Mary

• deanneart
    14 years ago

OMG!!!!! I just can't wait for everyone to get here. The gardens are so heavily scented tonight I can hardly believe it. The Oriental lilies are incredible and in the front the entire front yard smells like brugmansia blooms. It's brilliant.

I'm exhausted, actually I don't think there is a word to describe how tired I am tonight, but the gardens are more polished up than they've been in ages. I deadheaded and took all the flowers off ever single daylily in the gardens today so I don't have to deadhead in the morning. Also got rid of all the yellowing and ageing foliage on all the daylilies. HUGE JOB. There are a few areas that aren't as good as I'd like but this will do nicely. I SO WISH everyone could be here tomorrow.

I got a call from PM today for driving directions so she just might join us tomorrow evening. That would be so fabulous! And the other great news is that it looks like the rain might not begin until after 10:00PM. Doug is going to video tape the festivities and is planning on making DVD's for one and all. How fun is that????

OK time to get cleaned up and get ready for dinner.

Oh yes, the salmon is smoking even as I write this and it smells wonderful!

OK now I'm really going t o get off this computer.

Later,

Deanne

PS Kathy, if you have arrived on the East Coast please let us know!

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OMG!!!(to quote Deanne) It really is going to happen. 5:30am is going to happen so soon, and then a long day of airport nonsense. But Doug's salmon is already started, my nails are painted and my clothes are in the dryer. Time to finish the hood of Ivy's sweater.

How are you doing Spencer?

Go for it PM! We'll be there waiting! This is one garden you don't want to miss!

See you in the afternoon Deanne and Julie! Marian, Michelle, Eden, Ei and others...keep the Idyll home fires burning.

'bug

• veronicastrum
    14 years ago

Kathy has landed in Boston. Wendy emailed me to confirm pick-up arrangements for tomorrow and mentioned that she and her hubby had successfully snagged Kathy earlier today.

I should be packing but I'm too wound up at the moment to focus.

Yesterday ABC World News did a piece on health care reform. I don't want to open a political can of worms, but they chose a great small town to go interview some everyday citizens. Um, yeah, mine. The jewelry store owner is my son's boss. Enjoy!

V.

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

Lookee here, Im in the same time zone as the NE Idyllers for a change ! The jury is still out on the biological clock..Spent the afternoon enjoying the hospitality of the Wendy family, excellent food and company and so many hostas! Tomorrow we fetch V and co. and head up to NH , hopefully not to find Deanne swooning of exhuastion on a chaise ..but if so, well bring you a Martini, dear

So its going to be Idyllunion The Movie ? Jeesh, I know Ill never be able to run for public office after this.

So excited and cant wait for the festivites to begin---how fun if PM can come for our evening at Deannes.

All for now, I have to go harvest my Farmtown crops and get some sleep.

Onward !

Kathy in Massachusetts

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

So excited for all the travelers! What a great time you all will have!
    As for me...I have taken a double dose of pain meds, and my feet and legs still hurt. I have an appointment with my dr in the morning.
    My nap was a fizzle today due to pain, so I am headed to bed right now!

Marian

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

Good morning ...

Well, Thursday has arrived and DH and I are happily anticipating meeting everyone this evening. Finally! I knew once we decided we couldn't go, things would turn around. [g]
    I am definitely getting excited! For those of you who haven't left home yet, bring photos of your children! And Lily time at Deanne's, Oh My! I really wish everyone could be there.

Marian, I'm very sorry that you are having that much pain and I hope your doctor can do something to help you. It's been too long a spell this time around.

I am sorry I won't get to meet Marian, Michelle, Woody, Norma, Ei, Eden, Jerri, and Anita. Definitely stinks! Maybe next year?

Kathy, so funny to see 'Kathy in Massachusetts'!

Well, I better get moving, going to be a busy day and I have a feeling it is going to go by very fast!

Happy travels to everyone!

:-)

• veronicastrum
    14 years ago

So happy that pm will be able to make it!

V.

• chelone
    14 years ago

Good thing Deanne's gardens are beautiful, mine are a disaster. I've not weeded since May and the weeds are truly magnificent. Sheetrock dust takes precedence, you know. ;)

Can't wait to see you all.

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

Good Morning everyone !

Only slightly groggy this morning as I enjoy my in-room swill and soon will toddle down to the complimentary breakfast buffet for my fake eggs and floppy bacon. A full day of airport duties, picnic prep, and then its off to NH for the kick-off event ! So far weather has been pleasant and mild , we hope the threatened showers hold off till late night . If time allows today I would love to get some pics of some of Wendys slendid hostas, and her cool collection of daylilies..

Checking in from the road hereKathy in Mass

• Full_Bloom
    14 years ago

Good Morning Idylls!

I thought I'd sneak in a little "hello" while all are still sleeping here.

The family reunion went off without a hitch...I had about 25 family members here this week-end. The in-laws are still here and will probably stay for at least another week, so I won't have a lot of time to Idyllchat...

Even though it seems a moot point to wish it (cause I know you will all have a *wonderful* time) I'm sending my best wishes to the IU gals & guys: "Have a wonderful time"...wish I was there! :-)

Also, for the animal champion...sorry we missed your birthday. Both Scout and I hope it was a day just like this:

{{gwi:168239}}
    On Tuesday I became a great aunt! :-)

{{gwi:168240}}
    {{gwi:168241}}

Will be back later...have a great day all!

Ei

• Full_Bloom
    14 years ago

Much more I wanted to comment on but no time now...still had to tell Saucy...
    I *love* your vignette! And that leaf is just beautiful...those colors...WOW!

Ei

• deanneart
    14 years ago

Hip, hip, Horray!!!!!!!! Today is the day! We kick off IU6, can you even believe this is our sixth reuntion? Rain or shine we will meet and greet and share good food, good wine, friendships, lots of laughs and good times! Life is good!
    Deanne

• Jerri_OKC
    14 years ago

WAA!!!!!!!!!! I want to be there! LOL
    I can smell the lilies now. :)
    I hope everyone has enough memory sticks for their cameras, I can hardly wait for the photos to start rolling in.

Wishing safe travel and fun for all!

Jerri

• triple_creek
    14 years ago

I'm going to close this Idyll out, and hope the IU 6 ers are staying dry on the outside and having a few wet drinks for the inside. Have one for me too.

Norma