Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Return of the camper

gardenbug
15 years ago

The second week of Reed's holiday, after the Music Festival, was spent camping with Mommy and Daddy and Indy the dog. Here are some of his favorite activities:

Peek a boo is always a top priority!

{{gwi:169527}}

Canoeing is good too, but puts him to sleep.

{{gwi:169528}}

A guy could get hungry though just standing around...

{{gwi:169529}}

So Dad got to work making dinner:

{{gwi:169530}}

Meanwhile, things became very quiet, so this is what Sarah found! Mr Mischief had discovered the marshmallows.

{{gwi:169531}}

and was wolfing them down.

{{gwi:169534}}

So a different game was found:hide and seek.

{{gwi:169537}}

{{gwi:169539}}

{{gwi:169542}}

After dinner Daddy tortured me with tickles...

{{gwi:163482}}

Back home, Mommy made a puzzle but I liked the box best!

{{gwi:169546}}

So long for now folks!

Reed

Comments (11)

• Lara Noles
    15 years ago

Marie, looks like Reed has become quite the camper. We used to camp every summer over 4th of July with my mom and dad when the kids were little. Lots of good memories. There's nothing like those campfire dinners. Reed's like Bella though...she loves marshmallows too. Thanks for sharing such a nice family vacation with us.

Eden

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

What a great time they all seem to be having. DD and SIL seem so well suited to each other. It would seem they are both enjoying the trip and what beautiful scenery, but that Reed, really does steal the show! He is some handsome boy with those big brown eyes and seems such a content little boy every time we see photos of him. Where was big brother during the trip? I suppose the marshmallows were for S'mores?

Thanks for sharing...really enjoyed the pics.

:-)

• anitamo
    15 years ago

I love how you put a story to the pictures! What fun it looks like they had. Was it cold there? I see sweaters. Reed is an ultimate cutie-pie...no doubt about that. He's coming for a visit soon, right? I bet you can't wait.

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    15 years ago

What a cutie! I'll bet you're counting the days now....

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well Skyler left after the first week to visit his Mom. They are off camping now and seeing relatives this week. Last week he was at music camp and loved it. He'll be visiting us in August. Yes, I'm looking forward to it, chaos and all.

I'll see Reed when we take Skyler back to Edmonton. Yes, Reed has a wonderful temperament. I hope it lasts! He's very social and gets along with anyone. Sarah thinks the folks who care for him twice a week feed him sweets all day long. He was eating pizza with them the other day when she went to pick him up! Oh well, he likes everything. I was told it was about 60F during the days when they camped...but it is warmer now, more like 75F.
    Here's one I forgot-
    {{gwi:169548}}

• Lara Noles
    15 years ago

He is a cutie Marie! Bella is very social too. None of my kids were like that. They weren't shy to speak if spoken to but Bella goes out of her way to talk to anyone and everyone and asks so many questions.

Neat that Skyler went to music camp. Is he taking up an instrument?

Pizza's ok once in a while I think. That's what we had tonight but I'd be concerned about the sweets too.

75F sounds perfect especially compared to the 90F we've had here the last couple of days. Not a fan of that hot and humid but I'll still take it over winter any day so I'm not complainin'.

Eden

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Skyler loves performing, Eden, not working though. He belongs to a choir and loves singing. DD finds that he can learn anything if your set it to music. :) I've bought some drum sticks for him to play with while he's here. He worked a bit with drums at his camp. They work with batteries and play different songs that you tap to the beat with. I figure DH will play along with his guitar too and have some fun. DD will have to set up the rules though when he takes them back home. (Revenge of the grandmother!!! Hehehehe) I also have a drum for Reed that lights up when you tap it. That toy can be turned off though. DSIL has been tinkering with a banjo, so maybe there'll be a whole band one day! DD can do a bit of whatever: piano, trombone, guitar, flute, voice...

• Lara Noles
    15 years ago

There can never be too much music in a house. Brad drums too and sometimes... well lets just say I prefer the guitar :) Skyer and Reed will have such fun with their drums though. Great gifts Marie!

Eden

• flowerluvr
    15 years ago

Oh, yay! Glad to see Reed check in. Looks like they're having a grand time. I'm sure the boys will love the drums and drumsticks, grandma. And, I'm sure DD and SIL will think of you every time the kids use them ;)
    I never liked the kids having a lot of sweets, either. When DD was about 4, we went to visit my Mom after lunch one day. I had let the kids have a treat after they ate their lunch, and when we got to Mom's, she asked if they wanted some koolaid and DD said, "No, we had candy. That would be too much sugar." Thought Mom was gonna fall over laughing.
    DD is MUCH more the rule-follower than DS.
    Thanks for sharing the vacation, Marie!
    Brenda

• chloehoover
    15 years ago

I love the marshmallow pic, 'bug!! What a cutie; and such great photos to look back at when he's a challenging teen, LOL.

-Cindy

• michelle_zone4
    15 years ago

Wow, it looks like Reed had a great time camping. We camped alot when our kids were growing up and have great memories. The marshmallow picture is precious!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!