Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
From the Farm

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 21, 09 at 18:07

Thought you might to see what's going on here lately...before I run off to New England.

This has been my favorite coleus. (You remember though, that I hate coleus!)

This is my Orienpet lily, American Flame.

By the barn, phlox.

Then, by the rain barrel, some containers on a lavender theme.

My baby Ruby Lace Locust is finally looking like a tree!

Each winter I take cuttings of wallflowers because they don't make it through the cold here.

Becky Daisies (from Woody!)

Lilies near the barn. I think these are Salome Double Classic.

And for those of you who enjoy clematis, I posted some more at the site below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clematis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: From the Farm

The lavender theme containers by the rain barrel are nice. I like your phlox too. Something I just can't have here due to mildew and aophids. They flower but the foliage just always looks terrible.
Norma

o

I really like that coleus too. I've never seen one like it. I also like the lavender theme and the peach Day Lily.
Marian

o

The lavender theme with the barrel is my favorite picture too.

o

I must say that my favorite is the wall flowers with the sedum backdrop. Really though everything is looking great! Enjoy your trip.

Michelle

o

Pretty Lily! Your tree is filling in nicely. Wondering what the sedum is behind the wallflower? Looking good!

o

PM, I believe it is Bertram Anderson.

See below. But it could be Sedum Vera Jameson too. ;)
http://www.rainyside.com/features/plant_gallery/perennials/SedumVeraJameson.html

Here is a link that might be useful: sedums

o

Gorgeous Bug! You have so much! I don't know how you take care of all those plantings. Fantastic.

Deanne

That Orienpet lily looks a lot like my 'Taragonna'. Great color!

o

Bug, thanks for the tour. It is always a treat to see your garden. You have a wonderful variety in your garden. An always inspire me to think maybe I can grow Clematis. I just picked up another one a couple of weeks ago. Is there any special one that you think grows in most conditions?
Drema

o

Drema, there are so many solid healthy clematis...and the more I work with them the more I feel that growing them on a free standing sturdy structure rather than a trellis is the way to go. This year has been PROOF that lots of watering makes them thrive. (Every other day is best in dry weather.)

Which ones? Well I suggest the viticellas, even though they bloom a bit later. Emilia Plater and Prince Charles are a wonderful light blue. Etoile Violette, Romantika and Blue Belle are very dark and wonderful. Huldine is white with hints of mauve on the reverse. The list goes on! Feel free to ask me any time.

o

bug, thanks for the tips. I will start looking for those cultivars. So far the one that is doing the best for me is Betty Corning. It outshines all of the others, but I am determined, because the result is worth the effort.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here