Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

From the Farm

gardenbug
14 years ago

Thought you might to see what's going on here lately...before I run off to New England.

This has been my favorite coleus. (You remember though, that I hate coleus!)

{{gwi:169753}}

This is my Orienpet lily, American Flame.

{{gwi:169754}}

By the barn, phlox.

{{gwi:169756}}

Then, by the rain barrel, some containers on a lavender theme.

{{gwi:169772}}

My baby Ruby Lace Locust is finally looking like a tree!

{{gwi:169773}}

Each winter I take cuttings of wallflowers because they don't make it through the cold here.

{{gwi:169774}}

Becky Daisies (from Woody!)

{{gwi:169775}}

Lilies near the barn. I think these are Salome Double Classic.

{{gwi:169776}}

And for those of you who enjoy clematis, I posted some more at the site below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clematis

Comments (10)

• triple_creek
    14 years ago

The lavender theme containers by the rain barrel are nice. I like your phlox too. Something I just can't have here due to mildew and aophids. They flower but the foliage just always looks terrible.
    Norma

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

I really like that coleus too. I've never seen one like it. I also like the lavender theme and the peach Day Lily.
    Marian

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

The lavender theme with the barrel is my favorite picture too.

• michelle_zone4
    14 years ago

I must say that my favorite is the wall flowers with the sedum backdrop. Really though everything is looking great! Enjoy your trip.

Michelle

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    14 years ago

Pretty Lily! Your tree is filling in nicely. Wondering what the sedum is behind the wallflower? Looking good!

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

PM, I believe it is Bertram Anderson.

See below. But it could be Sedum Vera Jameson too. ;)
    http://www.rainyside.com/features/plant_gallery/perennials/SedumVeraJameson.html

Here is a link that might be useful: sedums

• deanneart
    14 years ago

Gorgeous Bug! You have so much! I don't know how you take care of all those plantings. Fantastic.

Deanne

That Orienpet lily looks a lot like my 'Taragonna'. Great color!

• drema_dianne
    14 years ago

Bug, thanks for the tour. It is always a treat to see your garden. You have a wonderful variety in your garden. An always inspire me to think maybe I can grow Clematis. I just picked up another one a couple of weeks ago. Is there any special one that you think grows in most conditions?
    Drema

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Drema, there are so many solid healthy clematis...and the more I work with them the more I feel that growing them on a free standing sturdy structure rather than a trellis is the way to go. This year has been PROOF that lots of watering makes them thrive. (Every other day is best in dry weather.)

Which ones? Well I suggest the viticellas, even though they bloom a bit later. Emilia Plater and Prince Charles are a wonderful light blue. Etoile Violette, Romantika and Blue Belle are very dark and wonderful. Huldine is white with hints of mauve on the reverse. The list goes on! Feel free to ask me any time.

• drema_dianne
    14 years ago

bug, thanks for the tips. I will start looking for those cultivars. So far the one that is doing the best for me is Betty Corning. It outshines all of the others, but I am determined, because the result is worth the effort.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES