Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IU4 Day 2

Posted by cynthia z7 MD (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 07 at 18:10

I didn't take my camera, help me out here :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IU4 Day 2

Our second day began with this wonderful garden on a small suburban lot.

I love shade gardens, and these were very nicely done:

Our next stop was a property that has been gardened by the same family for three generations. The current owner is trying to balance his obligation to preserve the past with his passion for plants.

This Japanese maple around 100 years old:

Every plant was sited to perfection - what a difference a zone makes!

Some beautiful bonsai:

Our next stop was Chanticleer, but I have not had time to sort through those pictures yet. It is pretty time consuming when you take hundreds of shots!

o

Yes Cynthia, I came!

Wendy, true, a zone would make a huge difference...more work too.

I'm soaking this all up and think I hear lots of chatter and giggling in the background.

Maybe next year?

o

Because I can't resist, here are a few of mine.
Garden # 1 with the Franklinia tree in front:

Even a small bog garden:

The next 3-generation house as Wendy mentions, built on acreage of the family farm, a charming remaining springhouse:

The sun garden:

In the veggie garden:

Then, onto Chanticleer "The Pleasure Garden"

Take it away, idyllers...

o

Shucks..still no cocktail party pics.! Love that green door--remember the song "Behind the Green Door" 50's era or maybe extremely early 60's ? Can't remember the group !

Keep the photos coming !
Kathy in Napa

o

From Chanticleer, a beautiful garden:

The pool garden 3 years ago:

Here is a link that might be useful: IU4-day 2

o

Hi Les! I see you there!

o

He shows up better there than in the coffee beans. Hint for Chelone: center left.

o

Hey didn'nt IU4 *NIGHT* 1 come before Day 2 ????

Kathy in Napa

o

What happens in 218 stays in 218, Kathy... even when it trickles into the hall on wheeled chairs...

Lol about "what's behind the green door". That was a family joke in our household and Mum STILL uses it every so often.

o

The door was brown actually...

o

Wendy also has photos of all of the restrooms. Inside and out. She is the papparazi idyller.

o

We did indeed see a lot of rest rooms on this trip, but I only took pics of the outstanding specimens. This beauty in the Asian Woods at Chanticleer was probably the best:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here