Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_zone4

A Garden Party

michelle_zone4
13 years ago

Per request here are the 3 tables. Zinnia, Veronica and Purple Coneflower.

{{gwi:170025}}

{{gwi:170031}}

{{gwi:170032}}

{{gwi:170034}}

{{gwi:170036}}

{{gwi:170038}}

{{gwi:170040}}

{{gwi:170043}}

{{gwi:170045}}

{{gwi:170047}}

For my chicken loving friends:

{{gwi:170049}}

I love the curly cues on this stump:

{{gwi:170050}}

{{gwi:170051}}

A wall of Clematis:

{{gwi:170052}}

{{gwi:170053}}

Comments (15)

• saucydog
    13 years ago

Everything looks fabulous, Michelle. I especially love the bridge scene as it looks cool and refreshing. Your tablescapes came out beautiful. I just love your garden and hope to see it in person some day :)

Saucy

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Oh oh oh oh oh! Your tables are the most wonderful I have ever seen! Too pretty for words. I will be practising my napkin folding (brings back days of waitressing when in grad school-ha).

I am not even going to get into the garden. The lantana (love the pail as a planter), the clems, the stump, even the chicken and geese...heaven! I could sit in those chairs forever and be totally content.

I know everyone there must have felt the same and very special that you went to so much trouble to make it so marvelous for them!

• deanneart
    13 years ago

Wow!!!! how very wonderful! Just LOVE that wall of clematis. I'm wondering what hosta that is that can tolerate as much sun as it takes to get clematis to bloom that well. Do you know the varieties? One of them looks like Ville de Lyon but can't figure out the other two. Etoile Violette?

Your table settings and flower arrangements are fantastic! What a beautiful job and what lovely garden scenes. Thanks for taking the time to share Michelle.

Deanne

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

Fabu Michelle! I love the faux chicken, I would steal that idea in a heartbeat--need to keep my eyes open for vintage chicken statues ! Those Clems are spectacular--

Kathy in Napa

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    13 years ago

A talented hostess and a beautiful garden! Your guests must have been in heaven! If I can get my clematis swag to look like your clematis wall, I'll be very happy. What is the pink one?

• triple_creek
    13 years ago

Eye Candy for sure. Thanks for sharing Michelle.

• michelle_zone4
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm glad you are enjoying them. The tables are mine, but the garden is not. This is the garden that we went to tour. The husband wasn't there and I guess the garden is really his baby. As for the clems they must have been growing in some shade as she mentioned that the tree came down that shaded that area. You can see just the tip of a large market umbrella that they have over the area for shade now.

• gardenbug
    13 years ago

Lots to enjoy in the gardens..the ducks under the old wagon, the hollyhocks, and the shed next to the BBQ that reminds me of Woody's with its greens...
    But the tables are especially dear...and I for one would be honoured that you ladies put so much time and love into preparing for the occasion!

• chloehoover
    13 years ago

Beautiful shots, Michelle -- What Fun! what a delightful, most detailed outing - I can see you put tremendous time on the arrangments and table settings - you are so clever. Your flower arrangements are amazing; I'm always in awe -- right now I just wonder how you are so inspired to combine hosta in an arrangement - I never would have thought of that.

Deanne, that clem to the right looks like purpurea plena elegans doesnt it, Gardenbug? and likely Etoile Violette or could it be Polish Spirit?

In any case, it's a marvelous country garden - almost as interesting as yours, Michelle -- and I have to say, that's my kind of chicken - the truly No maintenance kind, LOL.

--Cindy

• michelle_zone4
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Rick and I went to napkin folding class when we were on our honeymoon cruise. I knew it would come in handy some day. I just happened to still have the instruction book they gave us.

• denisez10
    13 years ago

What a festive garden party, and such lush gardens. I can't get over huge hostas and clems growing in the same exposure. (And you didn't really make Rick go to napkin folding class on your honeymoon!)

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

Glad to hear that Ricks manhood isn't threatened by learning to fold napkins, lol. It's kind of an architectural skill in a way , huh ?

Kathy in Napa

• Lara Noles
    13 years ago

Your tables are just lovely Michelle. Makes me want to have a garden party! And I really love your friends garden. Even nicer than a photo spread in Country Living magazine! What's the function of the little building in photo 9? Is it a little potting shed? Such a beautiful garden and all the neat accessories and little details really put it over the top for me!

• drema_dianne
    13 years ago

What a perfect garden party! Everything looks so perfect. I love the wagon especially, but it is all gorgeous!

• candy_j
    13 years ago

I really enjoyed this thread, Michelle! Your tables are charming; the folded napkins and flowers adding a touch of vintage to the setting. Lovely! IÂve spent way too much time looking at the photos, lol. Your eye and camera seem to know just what we love to gaze upon. Oh, and how neat to see hosta leaves in your flower arrangement I love using them, too, especially early in the season when the blues are still fresh in color.